IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NEWBIES!!! [Sticky Thread Comments Archive]

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,408 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 23 July 2017 at 1:02PM
    Options
    Best to click on the trail (top of the page, tiny writing) though, or you will never see and get to read today's posts.

Much better than diving straight to post a new thread 'blind' but not seeing everyone else's to browse.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Just putting this back up as it's dropped out of sight. I think it might be useful to be on show.

Coupon-mad wrote: »
    PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR QUESTION IN THIS THREAD!

PLEASE START YOUR OWN NEW THREAD IF YOU STILL NEED ADVICE.

Thankyou.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It might be more helpful (to me at least) if people could explain how/where to set up these new posts - I have some info to share and question(s) to ask but even as a fairly experienced Internet/computer user, I'm not sure where/how to set up a thread that the experienced users in these matters will find it and keeping them to the desired area/place.

Thanks.

We are here to help with tickets - not to teach people how to use the boards!

All this is already covered by the basic introductory info that is presented to a new poster as part of the sign-up process, so there is simply no need for us to explain it all again.

And if you have been around long enough to have forgotten it, the very same info can be accessed from every page.
  • CM54
    CM54 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    Hi There.
    I am hoping the forum can advise me on what to do. Until July this year my son lived in a rented flat which included a parking area. He paid for a parking permit but failed to display it on two occasions and is now being threatened with court action by CPM's factors DRP.
    I called CPM this week on behalf of my son. They told me he has to appeal via the Independent Appeal Service.
    Is this his best course of action?
    In his assured shorthold tenancy agreement between himself and the owner of the flat there is no reference to parking, only a para saying the tenancy agreement “shall include the right to use, in common with others, any shared rights of access, stairways, communal parts, pathways and drives.”
    The letter which contained the parking permit from CPM says CPM “has been instructed by the managing agent to operate a car parking management and enforcement service incorporating the above address (my son’s address). This service will be operating on a 24 hour, 7 day a week basis to ensure only genuine licence holders are present. As of 19 September 2016 you will be required to display a parking permit in the windscreen of your vehicle at all times – failure to display a valid permit or parking outside of a designated area may result in your vehicle being issued with a parking charge notice.”
    What is our best course of action?
    If it is to appeal, is there a standard letter I should send?
    How binding is the IAS decision? I understand 80% of cases find in favour of the parking fine company.
    Many thanks.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Please delete the above and instead do as instructed above your post...please...THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO REPLY.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Crabman wrote: »
    This thread is for general information only.

Please do not post questions about your parking tickets in this thread.

For personalised help and guidance from our wonderful forum regulars (for free :D) please start your own thread by clicking on this blue button:

As above.

And to read today's threads before launching straight in with a question, please see my signature for where to click in the little blue trail of words above.

Click on the bit in bold newbies, not here but where you see it, top of the page:

Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
  • Fairy1
    Fairy1 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    I am so sorry. I know I'm being seriously dim but I just can't figure out how to post a thread!! I got a ukcps charge in April this year dropping my son off at uni in Leeds in a small parking area behind a witherspoon pub. Not a pay and display. I dropped his bag off and was back at the car within a few minutes. On my son and his mates advice I have ignored everything. I'm now bricking it. The last letter dated 5/7/17 says immediate payment required. Too.late to appeal. Too late to do anything. I'm absolutely stressing out now and yes I've read the thread but truly couldn't see a bit about idiots who bury their heads! I'll take any abuse for being so stupid but please, can anyone advise me what to do???
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    If you look at the post above yours you will see, in the text, a button that says "new thread"

Click on it and hey presto.
  • simonwilly
    Options
    Hi
    I received a parking fine of £100, £60 if paid within 14 days. The company is part of IPC.
    I believe as it's a private company and not a police or council fine that they can't enforce it!?
    Sadly I left my old ticket in the window which expired and the new one I purchased had slipped of the dashboard .. this ticket was still valid and I have got it, however, if I state this they will probably have photos etc of the old ticket only

should I ignore all correspondence or send a pic of pay and display ticket that wasn't on show!?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,450 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Here we go again. :doh:

Please read post #109 above!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport