IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NEWBIES!!! [Sticky Thread Comments Archive]

Options

Comments

• packito
    Options
    Hi experts!

I was issued a PCN last month and researched about the company (they are a member of BPA) and even drafted my appeal letter. But then I traveled and have been offline until recently, after the appealing period has passed (namely, after day 25-26 has suggested in the newbies post). That was silly of me, I know!

In fact, I'm not even back in the UK yet, so I don't know if I received a letter from them or not.

What do you think I should do next? Appeal anyway (using their online form) or any other suggestions?! :(

Thanks!

Packito
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Oh my good God. :eek:

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR QUESTION IN THIS THREAD!

PLEASE START YOUR OWN NEW THREAD IF YOU STILL NEED ADVICE.

Thankyou.

How on earth did you miss this that is repeated frequently on this page?
  • packito
    Options
    Sorry, that was a "panic" post. I had bookmarked this thread and forgot about the rules.

I started a new thread ("What to do if appeal period is expired?"). I reckon I'll appeal anyway and any suggestions are welcomed e.g. on how to do it effectively.

Thanks!
  • john5707
    Options
    I got £100 for stopping on red lines ! Even though I paid to go into the car park as you can not not agree to their terms ! Threatening letters even appealed to IAS rejected quite rudely !! Be very wary as on their appeals response they're drop boxes in order for you to appeal once this is clicked you admit responsibility therefore in their eyes you are guilty. These are cowboys! Since appealing I have been bombarded with phone calls from companies who have my details but won't say where from. I am a part of the TPS but they are ignoring it. DVLA sent snotty reply when I told them they have no permission to relaease my details to people who pay. Once the details are released to an approved organisation (approved being a fee paying member of a private organisation) the details are in the open. I have challenged this to my MP. If my details are legally required then they should be protected. Quite frightening that our details can be sold and it's "ok"!! I am awaiting a response from the information commission
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,452 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Pity this can't be set up as a 'Read Only' thread, with only CM able to input to it.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Oh my good God. :eek:

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR QUESTION IN THIS THREAD!

PLEASE START YOUR OWN NEW THREAD IF YOU STILL NEED ADVICE.

Thankyou.

Somebody else that missed this. Perhaps it isn't prominant enough? Or have Specsavers suddenly closed down?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,452 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    How long before...........?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Mancunian_Nick
    Options
    It might be more helpful (to me at least) if people could explain how/where to set up these new posts - I have some info to share and question(s) to ask but even as a fairly experienced Internet/computer user, I'm not sure where/how to set up a thread that the experienced users in these matters will find it and keeping them to the desired area/place.

Thanks.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,414 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 22 July 2017 at 3:18PM
    Options
    Crabman did, post #6:
    Crabman wrote: »
    This thread is for general information only.

Please do not post questions about your parking tickets in this thread.

For personalised help and guidance from our wonderful forum regulars (for free :D) please start your own thread by clicking on this blue button:

And my signature beneath every post I make, tells newbies who may never have used a forum before, exactly where to click, to find page one, where the NEW THREAD button sits. So every post I make, anywhere on MSE, says:

''Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking''

I even put in bold, the words to click on. Look up now, top of the page, tiny blue writing - the trail back to page one is there. :)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Mancunian_Nick
    Options
    Thank you Coupon-mad. I just found it and came to remove my post but you got there first. :) I've used forums before but the navigation varies anyway no matter I'll go there now. Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure