Am I being fussy?

Options
124»

Comments

• flashnazia
    flashnazia Posts: 2,168 Forumite
    Options
    wdah wrote: »
    "I had listed this item as used, so if you wanted further information then you could have emailed before you placed a bid."

That line is a bit unfair - it's not the buyer's place to second guess unmentioned problems.

That's exactly what I thought!
    "fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." (Bertrand Russell)
  • Liliya
    Liliya Posts: 26 Forumite
    edited 3 December 2013 at 1:36AM
    Options
    From ebay:
    Used: An item that has been previously worn. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections.

Given that, I would expect any imperfections, such as pulled threads to be listed and think the responses from the seller are cheeky.

The one and only neg I've ever left on ebay was for a BNWT top, it turned up with holes in it. The seller was given a chance to rectify but didn't and in the end ebay gave a no fault refund.

You've communicated with the seller, clearly she hasn't checked properly (or at least wasn't prepared to admit that she knew of the issue) and she's not prepared to do anything. Personally, I would neg and leave stars to reflect her inability to describe properly.
  • flashnazia
    flashnazia Posts: 2,168 Forumite
    Options
    She getting really narky now! Amusing:

'So it's stalemate I am not willing to offer a partial refund. The buyer clearly wants to keep the coat so it can't be that bad. So over to eBay to resolve this matter. '

and then another message:
    'I would like to add that I have over 1900 positive feedbacks so whether u haven't complained before with only 46 feedback is irrelevant. '
    "fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." (Bertrand Russell)
  • shirlls
    shirlls Posts: 95 Forumite
    Options
    Because of this sellers attitude I think you should definitely go for a full refund. Phone ebay customer services and tell them it's not as described and they will probably send you a return label.

Then leave feedback that the seller was very unhelpful.
  • RainbowDrops
    Options
    I can kinda side with the seller not wanting to offer a partial refund. Often the advice on here to sellers is to give a full refund on return or none at all.
    If you still want the item, it suggests to the buyer that you are ok with it.

If you persue a case you will only be given an option of a full refund on return of the item - ebay don't enforce partial refunds.
    So decide whether or not the coat is still a bargain, despite the pulled threads.

I totally understand how annoying it is if details have been missed out.
    I recently received an item absoloutely stinking of cigs. The listing didn't say "from a smoke free home", but it also didn't say that it was from a smokers home. It stank out the room I put it in. I messaged the buyer to mention this, but they didn't respond. I've since left them a neutral, mentioning the smell, and left a 3* for description.
    Since then, someone else has also left neutral feedback and mentioned the smell of cigs.
  • jazabelle
    jazabelle Posts: 1,707 Forumite
    Options
    If you open a case with eBay, rather than Paypal - you can state you'd like the postage or phone and ask, and they sometimes give you a label. Open with Paypal and they won't though.
    "There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful as expectation of something better tomorrow." - Orison Swett Marden
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure