Am I being fussy?

Options

Comments

• flashnazia
    flashnazia Posts: 2,168 Forumite
    Options
    I've asked for a partial refund of £2.80. I hate doing that but it was bugging me.
    That means the coat will have cost me £5 instead of £7.80 and she doesn't lose out too much either (she still made a profit albeit smaller). I think that's more than fair.
    I know it's only a small amount but it's the principle!
    She said the coat was worn only a few times but the fabric is bobbly and looks like it was worn alot!

Alternatively I said I will return at her cost (because item not as described).
    "fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." (Bertrand Russell)
  • Kayalana99
    Kayalana99 Posts: 3,626 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Only thing about that is you can't force her to pay postage costs to return, only thing to do is return it and get a refund unless she plays ball.
    People don't know what they want until you show them.
  • flashnazia
    Options
    Kayalana99 wrote: »
    Only thing about that is you can't force her to pay postage costs to return, only thing to do is return it and get a refund unless she plays ball.

I thought, if an item is faulty, you can expect not to be left out of pocket. Not 100% sure on this though.

She said no to partial refund. I'm deciding on my next move: open a case or give feedback to reflect. What would others do?
    "fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." (Bertrand Russell)
  • Kayalana99
    Options
    flashnazia wrote: »
    I thought, if an item is faulty, you can expect not to be left out of pocket. Not 100% sure on this though.

She said no to partial refund. I'm deciding on my next move: open a case or give feedback to reflect. What would others do?

Its a hard one, I find it really hard to leave bad feedback personally as I know how much it means to *some* people.

I'm 100% on this she doesn't have to pay you to return it unless out of goodwill - which sounds like your not going to get. You will get the full £7.80 back though. (I think business sellers by law have to but ebay/paypal don't enforce it - I might be wrong about it being the law though)

I'd probably suggest a neutral feedback just something direct to the point.. Seller failed to mention XXX & refused to pay return postage... remember to wait though untill its all sorted out, you might leave a neutral feedback and she might get hostile about the return etc so you might change your mind and want to leave a negative or she might change her tune and sort something out with you...so id just at least wait untill you've got the refund/case closed if your sending it back.

Maybe wait for a second opinion? :o
  • warehouse
    warehouse Posts: 3,362 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    The seller has been dishonest with the listing. You need to reflect this in the feedback so that others are aware.
    Pants
  • Kayalana99
    Options
    Thinking about it I'd probably keep the item cause your going to have to pay to send it back recorded as well - you can always sell it on (you'd probably get more money this way if you didn't want it with the defects described ofc. lol)

And yea...a neg just to let other buyers be warned about the fact they don't describe items properly.
  • wdah
    wdah Posts: 884 Forumite
    Options
    I buy clothes on eBay, and it's always a bit of a lottery. I think people view their own clothes as less worn / tatty than they would if they were someone else's.

It's a shame the seller's being a bit awkward. I don't think you'll have much luck trying to get return postage, or a partial refund, by opening a case though.

From eBay's help pages:

"A full refund is one that covers the cost of the item and original postage. If you've received an item and want a full refund, you'll usually need to send the item back to the seller. Buyers are responsible for paying return postage unless the buyer and seller have reached a different agreement. In unusual circumstances, eBay may pay return postage."

I guess the overall outcome will depend on whether you want to keep the coat or not.
  • flashnazia
    Options
    This is her response:
    Hello

I am glad that you have managed to hide the threads, if I had seen them I would have done the same, so sorry for any inconvenience.
    I had listed this item as used, so if you wanted further information then you could have emailed before you placed a bid. The bobbling can easily be removed. This coat was a lovely quality item and if you are not happy with it I am sure you could re-sell it for a similar price. Bearing these points in mind, therefore I am not prepared to refund any money
  • Kayalana99
    Options
    Neg 'Seller failed to mention faults and responds "I should of asked if their was any?"
  • wdah
    wdah Posts: 884 Forumite
    Options
    "I had listed this item as used, so if you wanted further information then you could have emailed before you placed a bid."

That line is a bit unfair - it's not the buyer's place to second guess unmentioned problems.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure