Mrs PG's Hopes & Dreams for a debt free future !

Options

Comments

• PinotGrigio41
    PinotGrigio41 Posts: 4,213 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    aaaargh my post just disappeared again.

Was just having a quick breather from decorating. Am currently knee deep in paint with a deadline to get this all finished by next weekend :eek:

The girls are celebrating their 18th & 21st birthdays together , how on earth did that happen ?!!! Certainly eaten into the PG Budget this month thats for sure !! So I have now to paint , sand and fill like a crazy lady to make sure it looks respectable for their celebrations xxxxx
    LBM July 2011 - Finally took control Nov 2011 DFD Sometime in the distant future ! :eek:
    Total debts Nov 2011 [STRIKE]£96796.75[/STRIKE]:eek:
    Total Debts JUL 2020 £00.00
    Cleared Jul 2020 £96796.75
    :T
    Emergency Fund / Rainy Day - £5500 . DMP Mutual Support Thread 428
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,748 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Can't you just keep the lights dimmed and the curtains closed...?
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • PinotGrigio41
    Options
    Can't you just keep the lights dimmed and the curtains closed...?

:rotfl::rotfl:Definitely a better plan than mine Apple. To be honest it has given us the push that we needed as the house has been sadly neglected over the years. I'm quite enjoying it to be honest, although last night armed with a paintbrush , tin of plaint and a glass of wine,in my tiredness I managed to dip my paintbrush in my glass of red wine rather than paint :eek:. I didn't realise until I neatly applied it to the skirting board , that was an interesting colour that's for sure ! Not convinced I am going to live that one down with Mr PG for a while. I have been told I am only allowed of glass of water this evening whilst decorating :( !!
    LBM July 2011 - Finally took control Nov 2011 DFD Sometime in the distant future ! :eek:
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Oh dear Mrs PG. I think you need to renew your brush licence - both pastry and paint :rotfl: Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,094 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm quite enjoying it to be honest, although last night armed with a paintbrush , tin of plaint and a glass of wine,in my tiredness I managed to dip my paintbrush in my glass of red wine rather than paint :eek:.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Guest: "And what colour do you call these lovely new walls, Mrs PG?"
    "Ah, that'll be Pinot Grigio."
    Straightfaced, too!
    Better is good enough.
  • brizzlegirl
    brizzlegirl Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    :rotfl: xxxx
  • PinotGrigio41
    Options
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: you do all make me smile !!

Honestly there is no hope for me, I only did exactly the same thing on Monday, but this time I dipped it in the coffee cup :eek::eek:

I'm blaming tiredness rather than being a complete numpty but I think the PG family may disagree !

Hope you are all well, I haven't had a chance to drop into any diaries as yet, but I do plan too soon xx
  • brizzlegirl
    brizzlegirl Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hello lovely lady.. hope 2019 has been good to you and 2020 will be even better ..

X
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,748 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hello lovely lady.. hope 2019 has been good to you and 2020 will be even better ..

X

From me too xx
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • PinotGrigio41
    Options
    How embarassing, look how many months it has been since I updated my own diary ....... more than a year ago and I also didn't even check in and see these messages from Mrs B and Apple posted last January until today. Unforgiveable. ( Mrs B, I messaged you many months ago via MSE but my private messages appear temperamental and don't always appear to be reaching people, same with replies sent to me. )

Anyway 2020 was surprisingly kind to us all and was the year that the PG National Debt was cleared once and for all. Ten years ago I thought this day would never come. For everyone who cheered us along and supported us from the sidelines during this very very bumpy ride  ,  I could not have done it without you all, you kept me as sane as I will ever be !!  Now I am on a mission to try and clear the mortgage, so that's next on the hit list, although we have already made a very small start with some tiny  overpayments. If I can commit to posting regularly I may start a MFW thread, which I think would do me good but I am not holding my breath . 

In the meantime if any of you old timers are still lurking, I hope you are all keeping well and 2021 will be a good year for you all. For any newcomers starting out on this Debt Free Journey, good luck to you all. 
    Thankyou again from all in the PG household, those girls of ours are well and truly grown up now but sadly Mr PG is still sporting the mankini for all our sins, except that now with the National Debt well and truly gone,  he now sports a selection of attire dependant upon the seasons . It still is and always will be a sight for sore eyes !! 
    With love Mrs PG xxxx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business