Mrs PG's Hopes & Dreams for a debt free future !

Options

Comments

• debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just seen your signature, you have cleared an amazing amount of debt, well done.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,090 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Pinot, those figures are marvellous! My OH, who knows very little about this website, saw your numbers over my shoulder this morning and was amazed at what you've achieved in eight years. He asked me to pass on his good wishes, to wish you well, and to congratulate you on what you've achieved.

Re losing long posts; that's happened far too often to me too elsethread. When I'm past the first paragraph now I select all the text and copy it (Control A, Control C) and carry on typing. I repeat that at the end of every paragraph and then do it while I'm editing it too. It reduces the frustration no end, partly because on my laptop (Windows 10, which I absolutely loathe) for some reason chooses to select all the text ocassionally, randomly, and then as soon as I hit any key, it deletes it all. That's happened so often I no longer trust the computer at all.
    Better is good enough.
  • PinotGrigio41
    PinotGrigio41 Posts: 4,213 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    We are well, thanks. Dd is going to Secondary school in September - where did that time go??!

Oooh, you have an emergency fund in place - yay!

Wow, I cant believe that Apple. I still think of her as being tiny ! Scary isnt it ? Is she looking forward to secondary school ?

Yes we have an emergency fund in place as well , although I do need to change the figures as we used some of it on car repairs recently , in one hand and out the other as always :rotfl:
    LBM July 2011 - Finally took control Nov 2011 DFD Sometime in the distant future ! :eek:
    Total debts Nov 2011 [STRIKE]£96796.75[/STRIKE]:eek:
    Total Debts JUL 2020 £00.00
    Cleared Jul 2020 £96796.75
    :T
    Emergency Fund / Rainy Day - £5500 . DMP Mutual Support Thread 428
  • PinotGrigio41
    Options
    debtaghh wrote: »
    Just seen your signature, you have cleared an amazing amount of debt, well done.

Thankyou for your message, it looks like you are hitting those debts of yours head on as well. Good luck ! x
    LBM July 2011 - Finally took control Nov 2011 DFD Sometime in the distant future ! :eek:
  • PinotGrigio41
    Options
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    Pinot, those figures are marvellous! My OH, who knows very little about this website, saw your numbers over my shoulder this morning and was amazed at what you've achieved in eight years. He asked me to pass on his good wishes, to wish you well, and to congratulate you on what you've achieved.

Re losing long posts; that's happened far too often to me too elsethread. When I'm past the first paragraph now I select all the text and copy it (Control A, Control C) and carry on typing. I repeat that at the end of every paragraph and then do it while I'm editing it too. It reduces the frustration no end, partly because on my laptop (Windows 10, which I absolutely loathe) for some reason chooses to select all the text ocassionally, randomly, and then as soon as I hit any key, it deletes it all. That's happened so often I no longer trust the computer at all.

That's really lovely of your OH Honey Bear, please thank him for me ! Bet he was gobsmacked at the ridiculously high starting figure , I still cant quite believe it myself. What a fine mess that was !

Sounds like you have a good plan in place there to stop losing your posts. I think there is a gremlin at MSE HQ determined to keep my rambling long posts at bay and is having great fun deleting my posts as i write them , just to shut me up :rotfl:
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,090 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I love your long posts. OH says, 'You're welcome' and yes, he did a :eek: when he saw the figure! He's not judgemental about it; we all get ourselves into a pickle in life sometimes and some of his stunts when he was younger weren't that clever, as he himself admits. What he admires is tenacity and achievement against the odds.
    Better is good enough.
  • brizzlegirl
    brizzlegirl Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Great to have you back with us PG...but we do need some long newsy posts you know ;) that’s non negotiable :D
  • PinotGrigio41
    Options
    Great to have you back with us PG...but we do need some long newsy posts you know ;) that’s non negotiable :D

:rotfl::rotfl:I will do my best Mrs B, we all know I love a burble when the mood takes me !
  • brizzlegirl
    brizzlegirl Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Come on..we’re all ears you know ;)
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Another one waiting with bated breath...
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback