Mrs PG's Hopes & Dreams for a debt free future !

Options

Comments

• PinotGrigio41
    Options
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    It sounds like much else for February - slowly but surely we're all getting there but goodness it's a plodding, grey month. Good to see you posting again Mrs PG!

You are right Honey Bear, its been a tough old month.

The sun was shining brightly here all weekend though ( cant say the same for today sadly ) and it definitely makes things seem better and less gloomy. Roll on Spring xx
    LBM July 2011 - Finally took control Nov 2011 DFD Sometime in the distant future ! :eek:
    Total debts Nov 2011 [STRIKE]£96796.75[/STRIKE]:eek:
    Total Debts JUL 2020 £00.00
    Cleared Jul 2020 £96796.75
    :T
    Emergency Fund / Rainy Day - £5500 . DMP Mutual Support Thread 428
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,094 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Quite a few threads disappeared completely for a few days and then magically reappeared. I know the hiatus included several debt free diaries. Around the same time apostrophes started being replaced by lines of gobbledegook and a lot of us were told to change our passwords. MSE Towers is keeping schtum about the cause, but as it all happened at the same time I'm betting they were doing something behind the scenes that had unintended consequences. As long as the missing threads are all re-instated, I'm not that fussed. I'm so glad your diary reappeared.
    Better is good enough.
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Whoop! Mrs PG is back posting. And the National Debt is reducing....great news.

Great to have you back lovely lady xxx
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • brizzlegirl
    brizzlegirl Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hello!! Youve been AWOL for ages...hope alls is well xx
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,094 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'd been thinking the same.
    Better is good enough.
  • brizzlegirl
    brizzlegirl Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Woohoo PG...Where you be to???!! ;)

Love and hugs

Brizzle x
  • PinotGrigio41
    PinotGrigio41 Posts: 4,213 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm alive !!!

I have only just seen the above posts, I'm so sorry.

I log in, update the PG National Debt and rush back off again , as you can tell life is still as crazy as ever !

How are you all doing ?

Whats new with us since I last wrote ? I'm not sure my brain remembers what I did yesterday let alone last time I posted, but lets see ......

On the Money Front - well we went to Court again. CC number 2 that we felt was unenforceable. Some of you may remember we won the first case for a ( in the grand scheme of things fairly small sum of money ) a couple of years ago ......... this time it was for a not so small sum of money. Well........we lost ...very scary time as it looked like we were about to get a CCJ against us. So we dug deep, took a very very deep breath and appealed the decision and this time we won !!! :T:T
    Two fingers up to you Predators , we fought you and we won !!!

In other debt news, all have now fallen off of the credit score and our credit rating is slowly rebuilding. We have no intention of needing the credit, but we do need to re jig our mortgage deal as we have been on a variable rate for the last 6 years when interest rates have been at rock bottom. We were unable to get a new deal or change banks, so hopefully that is something we can now look into. We are just struggling to find the time to sort it out.

The remaining Predators are plodding along, there are three left, I still make minimum payments and still intend offering F&Fs as soon as I can. As soon as I build up a pot its needed for something else though but maybe 2019 will the year it finally happens!

The National Debt is still slowly reducing . I make TTs everyday to either the mortgage or the loan. They are nominal amounts but it all adds up. The Loan has 10 months left. I'm hoping I may be able to kick that in to touch sooner than that, as the interest on this isn't frozen,....then we can tackle the mortgage.

For the first time ever we were able to pay our Tax Bill on time this year !! This is a first for us in 20 years of being in business and cause for much celebration !!

In amongst all of the celebrations no PG was drunk ( I went off of it in September last year ) ....just woke up one day and decided I didn't like the taste anymore :rotfl::rotfl:. What the hell was that all about ?! Must be an age thing ! I think I need to change the name of my diary !

In other news - DD1 is now in her third and final year at uni. What comes next is anyone's guess, but shes doing well but is still a homebird and comes home often. Just the way I like it !

DD2 -Hasn't been quite so straight forward, we have chopped and changed colleges with her as she just couldn't settle. Third time lucky now and hopefully her plans will come to fruition. She is still as determined as ever and knows just want she wants, but has stumbled a little along the way.

Work is going well. I can finally say that !!! Mr PG hasn't been around much this year, but things have gone well and should continue to do so. I have also taken on additional freelance work, so all in all as long as we get paid things are finally picking up, 7 years after LBM !!! :rotfl: Didn't take long at all ......who knew I was capable of such patience !!

So there's another update , I will probably disappear again for another six months , unintentionally though.

But 7 years after LBM, I can finally say that picking up the phone and summoning up the courage to do something about the Debt Mountain of £96K :eek::eek: as it then was, was the best decision I ever made. I honestly cant even begin to think where we would have been had we not made the decision to go into a DMP and had I not sat up night after night for months on end pouring through these diaries and the forum in general trying to get my head around what to do next and gather as much information as I could.

Its been a long haul and still isn't over..... I have still never worked out exactly when we will be debt free . Initially the thought terrified me, but now , I actually don't care .

Things are still stressful, I often still have meltdowns and a fuzzy head, but all in all I think we are far happier than we have been in years and things are finally coming together.

Roll on DFD whenever you may be !!

Mrs PG xxxx
    LBM July 2011 - Finally took control Nov 2011 DFD Sometime in the distant future ! :eek:
    Total debts Nov 2011 [STRIKE]£96796.75[/STRIKE]:eek:
    Total Debts JUL 2020 £00.00
    Cleared Jul 2020 £96796.75
    :T
    Emergency Fund / Rainy Day - £5500 . DMP Mutual Support Thread 428
  • Debsnewbudget
    Options
    Well done
    X
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,748 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    'i think we are far happier than we have been in years' says it all for me. Very well done indeed to the whole PG clan, as this is something that has been / is a family affair. :T:T:T

Looking forward to one day seeing you cross the finish line :D
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Great update. Thanks for filling us in Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business