Apple muncher's number crunching

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,712 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    One week on from getting bruised and I'm simply amazed at how quickly my body is dealing with the bruises. I am sure the regular application of arnica has helped.
    Today pip and I went back to the Maudsley and, yes, he meets the criteria for having ARFID. Like when we were waiting for the ASD result, we weren't really in doubt, but the confirmation is a relief. Pip starts weekly sessions there next week which is lovely and soon.
    Tomorrow is the first day of the Easter hols for Pip and he plans to sleep until 11. A wise decision as he is bordering on a big crash.
    While pip's sleeping, I'd like to wander up to the gym. (In the morning, not at a random hour of the night 🤣). I'd not normally go on a Thurs, as I go on a weds, but why not?!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,334 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    That is good news of a sort with things moving forward for Pip.  I really hope the treatment is helpful & can help them to move forward.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • teapot2
    teapot2 Posts: 3,263 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Glad you are healing well.  Good that the Maudesley are being helpful and quick with support for Pip though I guess you may have waited some time for the original appointment?
  • Flying_By
    Flying_By Posts: 246 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I hope that Pip has a lovely, restful and restorative sleep, also great news that his sessions are starting so soon.  Enjoy your gym session apple, glad the arnica is doing such a great job with your bruises x
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    First sesh at the Maudsley done and dusted, and Pip is wiped out. He had a revision session at school, then went straight from there up to town -2 trains each way. So the school stuff + travelling + a session in town = one exhausted teenager.
    He's having a lie in tomorrow, and meeting up with a friend in the afternoon, which should be fun.
    We are the proud owners of a new garden bench 😎. It is fab. And it only needed 8 screws to put it all together.
    This month I really must get back to tracking our food spends.
  • Flying_By
    Flying_By Posts: 246 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done Pip on getting on with a busy day, I hope you have a good night's sleep and enjoy meeting you friend tomorrow,
    Apple, we have a very dilapidated garden bench which definitely needs either to be repaired or sent to the tip.  The trouble is it has some sentimental memories attached to it which is making it hard to make a decision, and neither DH or I are the most practical people.  I think I'll do a bit of research and see what can be done - my great grandfather was a carpenter so maybe I've inherited some of his genes!
  • beanielou
    Options
    Glad first session for Pip :)

Where did you get the bench please? I am on hunt for one.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• LadyWithAPlan
    LadyWithAPlan Posts: 2,208 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad all
    is well, you are recovering quickly and  Pip is happy 

Your world  book day costuming sounded brilliant 
    There will always be a (beautiful stilettoed) foot in fabulous in LaPlan's life.
    I am choosing to be fabulously frugal to support some wonderful life changing and affirming financial goals including buying a London home I love.

DON'T BUY STUFF (from Frugalwoods)
    No seriously, just don’t buy things. 99% of our success with our savings rate is attributed to the fact that we don’t buy things. You can’t really hack your way to frugal. You can and should take advantage of discounts, coupons, rewards points, and the like. But at the end of the day, the only way to truly save money is to not buy stuff.    Money doesn’t walk out of your wallet on its own accord.

My March  streaks to track
    Track Minimalist game  items (Nov 310)   (Dec  95)  (Jan 90)   Feb 50
    Exercise streak  
    YNAB days:: Target 50 days -Age of money 29
    Track my NSD's - Target 13 days/ 0/13

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6289577/future-proofing-my-life-deposit-saving-then-mfw-journey-in-under-13-years#latest
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    beanielou said:

I think it was argoos. The only reason I think this is that we used nectar points towards the cost of it!
    It's  three-seater and is a mid brown colour - so, in between untreated pine and mahogany then!
  • beanielou
    Options
    beanielou said:

I think it was argoos. The only reason I think this is that we used nectar points towards the cost of it!
    It's  three-seater and is a mid brown colour - so, in between untreated pine and mahogany then!
    Good idea on using the nectar points  as I have some too. 

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback