Free passport for over 60's ?

Options

Comments

• bryanb
    bryanb Posts: 4,994 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It seems to me that once you reach 60 or 65 state pension age than tough!! - You are not eligible for anything other than free prescriptions.

Free bus pass!!
    This is an open forum, anyone can post and I just did !
  • Dunroamin
    Dunroamin Posts: 16,908 Forumite
    Options
    Mojisola wrote: »
    Have they looked into Pension Credit? If their joint monthly income is under £700, they should be able to get PC.

I misread the post and thought they'd both taken early retirement!:o
  • ani_26
    ani_26 Posts: 3,700 Forumite
    Options
    Originally Posted by Bulgariangirl viewpost.gif
    It seems to me that once you reach 60 or 65 state pension age than tough!! - You are not eligible for anything other than free prescriptions.
    bryanb wrote: »
    Free bus pass!!

Unfortunately, not. Ages 60 and 65 no longer exist as the state pension age.

The eligibilty age for your bus pass is now in line with your state pension age.
    From 6 April 2010 the eligibility age for the National Concessionary Travel Pass changed to mirror the state pension age. This means the earliest date on which you can get your Pass will depend on when you were born and, if you were born on or after 6 April 1950, this date will be later than your 60th birthday. For men the eligible age is the pensionable age of a woman born on the same day. Find out when you will be eligible using the Direct Gov website State Age Calculator here

Debt free - Is it a state of mind? a state of the Universe? or a state of the bank account?
    free from life wannabe

Official Petrol Dieter
  • bryanb
    Options
    ani_26 wrote: »

The eligibilty age for your bus pass is now in line with your state pension age.

Except for men!
  • Happychappy
    Options
    uknick wrote: »
    Shock horror, not everything you read in the papers is true :D

Since when did The Sun qualify as a newspaper :rotfl:
  • ani_26
    ani_26 Posts: 3,700 Forumite
    edited 26 December 2013 at 3:00PM
    Options
    bryanb wrote: »
    Except for men!

Maybe if you live in another country, i.e. Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, but not in England.

It doesn't matter whether you're male or female, you'll still receive your bus pass on the same date, in England. The same goes for pension credit, as i understand.

Find out when you will be eligible using the Direct Gov w.ebsite State Age Calculator here

Time to move country? Why should England be any different?

Mind you, i'm sure it will become universal.

In fact, they'll abolish the free bus pass altogether in the not too distant future.
    Debt free - Is it a state of mind? a state of the Universe? or a state of the bank account?
    free from life wannabe

Official Petrol Dieter
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Unfortunately, not. Ages 60 and 65 no longer exist as the state pension age.

In line with women's state pension age.
  • zygurat789
    zygurat789 Posts: 4,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Maybe if you live in another country, i.e. Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, but not in England.

It doesn't matter whether you're male or female, you'll still receive your bus pass on the same date, in England. The same goes for pension credit, as i understand.

Find out when you will be eligible using the Direct Gov w.ebsite State Age Calculator here

Time to move country? Why should England be any different?

Mind you, i'm sure it will become universal.

In fact, they'll abolish the free bus pass altogether in the not too distant future.

In all countries within UK. Men and women are entitled to a bus pass at the same age, not the same date, anything else would be illegal sex discrimination
    So England isn't different and it is universal.

Would you care to authenticate your astounding revelation?
    The only thing that is constant is change.
  • poppasmurf_bewdley
    Options

I wonder which Party you think will commit political suicide by introducing such a policy>
    "There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe a 'Princess Coronation' locomotive in full cry. We shall never see their like again". O S Nock
  • bryanb
    Options
    So, are we all clear now? Men have to pretend they are women to determine when they get a bus pass!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure