Madasafish - Any experiences?

Lots of talk about this Broadband provider...4 months free - 2meg speed - etc..... see Martin's Article..... http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/viewnews.cgi?newsid1092034925,22928,

....I am about to change to them but would appreciate anyone's opinions who has already made the switch.

Was the switch easy? Was the switch quick?

Was customer service any good?

Any experiences would be greatly appreciated!!
It is not MY fault that I never learned to accept responsibility!

Comments

• msampson
    msampson Posts: 309 Forumite
    hi twins_2_be!

i have been with madasafish for a month now and have been very happy with there service and speeds so far. i also migrated from f2surf who have a great reputation so it was a gamble i suppose but with the 4 months free service it was an offer not to be missed for me!

i have only had one problem but it was sorted in 30 minutes by there support by email and it was my error anyway.

1 switch was fast and i was migrated a day earlier than i was told and no problems!

2 customer service have been good and fast as above!

3 speeds have been very consistent for me and even faster than with f2surf.

also see my posts on adslguide.org.uk which i have placed below for your info which is on the freenetname board.

since i migarted the speeds have been the same and very consistant.

hope this info helps you!

greetings!

thanks alot for the replys today to my questions about the service and support on madasafish/freenetname! well i actually took the plunge last week and decided to migrate to madasafish from f2surf. to the 2mb max payg at £17.99.

my migration date is this friday 8/4/5 so i will let you know how it goes and what the speeds are going forward! obviously f2surf have a great reputation for great service and speed and i had nothing but great service from them. but the offer i think was to good to miss with 4 months free when migrating and free migration, static ip,domain etc etc...anyway there seems to be the same product spec a swith f2surf, if not better. 24 hour email service is a big bonus also!! and i see madasafish are also involved in the 8mb trial with bt!

if things do turn bad in the future with madasafish then it is still only an £80 fee to migrate anway before the end of the 12 month contract which is £20 less trhan what i would have spent in those 4 months if i had stayed with f2surf for myself i cant lose!!

anyway thanks again for your help and i hope this forum stays as quiet as this in the future which must be a great sign!!!

well good news for some reason i was migrated to madasafish a day earlier than expected so, as from earlier this morning, i am now a member of the fishing gang!!

i did get the usual welcolme email this morning which was nice to recieve.

the speeds have been top so far and have been higher that what i was getting with f2surf. if you see below you can see some of the speed tests both today the 7/4/5 with madasafish, and also my earlier speed tests with f2surf between the 2nd and the 6th april.

07-04-2005 15:21:41 1812.9
    07-04-2005 09:58:47 1810.2
    07-04-2005 06:46:24 1818.1
    07-04-2005 06:45:50 1827.4
    06-04-2005 14:48:57 1799.9
    05-04-2005 22:51:59 1774.1
    04-04-2005 18:44:54 1792.5
    02-04-2005 08:16:52 1791.9
    01-04-2005 13:24:48 1803.7

all i can say at the moment is great value and speed considering you are getting 4 months free and , at the moment i am a very happy chappy! !!

Date Speed Achieved (kbps)
    26-04-2005 11:19:55 1810.8
    21-04-2005 20:42:23 1812.4
    21-04-2005 16:38:05 1810.2
    21-04-2005 12:17:32 1811.3
    20-04-2005 07:48:19 1813.4
    17-04-2005 14:08:56 1801.2
    14-04-2005 22:23:42 1812.1
    14-04-2005 09:26:59 1825.9
    13-04-2005 17:15:44 1812.6
    13-04-2005 14:24:46 1802.5
    13-04-2005 08:20:58 1820.1
    11-04-2005 08:29:27 1828.8
    11-04-2005 08:29:23 1828.8
    10-04-2005 20:14:13 1803.7
  • WebDoll
    WebDoll Posts: 7 Forumite
    I switched from Pipex and I've been really happy with that decision.

I'm paying much less than I was with Pipex and I'm getting much faster speeds.

The customer service is monumentally better than what I had before. During my time with Pipex, I never received return e-mails to my correspondence. I've been pleasantly surprised with how fast Madasafish will e-mail me back!

Switching was seamless and I'm enjoying my four free months. I also got a free domain name and webspace. I highly recommend switching to Madasafish.
  • atippett
    atippett Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've recently moved to Madasafish (after reading about them in Martin's article), and find their broadband product is very fast and the level of customer service offered is excellent.

I took up the 'Max Broadband' offer giving 2MB broadband for £17.99 a month (with the first 4mths free!), much cheaper than my old 512k FreeUK broadband connection at £23.99 a month.

The whole migration process was painless (at least migrating to Madasafish; terminating my FreeUK account is still an ongoing saga though).

What I'm aiming to do is to tart around to another broadband provider after my 12mth contract expires, as I'm sure someone else will cheaper & faster this time next year. The only thing I'd suggest though is to buy a domain name (e.g. myname.co.uk), so you can setup an email address that's independant of your broadband provider (this cost me £11 for 2years). I've done this, giving me the flexibility to change my broadband provider every year if I wish without having to change my email address that I've given everyone I know.

I know Madasafish offer a free domain registration service, but it's likely this will be terminated if you choose to change providers after 12mths, so you'll have to change email addresses also (a severe pain!).
  • seoras_2
    seoras_2 Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I too wanted to migrate to Madasafish following Martin's recommendation, however there are a few caveats I was unaware of at the time. My present ISP is Virgin.net who operate a DataStream service and Madasafish operate an IP Stream service therefore direct migration is not possible and a MAC (Migration Access Key) is of no use. After numerous Emails to both Virgin and Madasafish the procedure for transfering accounts is as follows:-

1. Close my account with Virgin.
    2. Ask BT to clear my records.
    3. Phone Madasafish who will attempt to get me connected in 7-10 days.

Given my previous experience of BT I wouldn't be surprised if they messed this up and took a log time doing it. So I estimate I could be without an internet connection for up to a month, which I feel is unacceptable.

I now know there is a lot of talk regarding migration issues but ISPs are not making things clear to existing and potential customers and Madasafish customer services have given me three different explanations of what has gone wrong in my case.

If you intend to go for Madasafish make sure you're present ISP can be migrated to them as things are not always as easy as they would have us believe.
  • dami150
    dami150 Posts: 36 Forumite
    I have recently taken the step of getting broadband as I have new computer and after doing research on the various providers went for madasafish after reading some very postive comments on the forums.

My initial experiences are very disappointing after a simple set up process. The line is up for an average of 30 mins before hanging up. When it's on the speeds are impressive but it's a real pain having to re-connect every half an hour on average. I have checked the settings I can understand with my computer knowledge and everything seems to be fine. I'm also getting interference on the phone line which has the second micro filter connected.

I have e-mailed the support team, no reply not even an acknowldgement of my question. Very poor customer service in my opinion.

I have called the support line on many occasions since last Tuesday, only to be placed in a queue (of course!!!) and have never held on long enough to speak to a human being. There was also the occasion when I got a recorded message telling me that the 24hour, 7 day a week support line was unavalable (work that one out).

Poor customer support after the sale is sadly all too prevalent in British business and in my expereince madasafish has done nothing to convince me that they are any better than the next provider.

Has anyone has similar connection issues or offer solutions to this one.

Thanks
  • Hi, we migrated about a month ago. very smooth and straightforward. We had a small problem at the beginning and thanks to another poster on here, we e-mailed madasafish and asked them to phone hubby's mobile. (their number is 0870 and we couldn't find and alternative) which they did. They spent half hour talking him through resetting the router and then phoned back 2 days later to check all was ok. Very happy so far
  • ms01ma_2
    ms01ma_2 Posts: 519 Forumite
    same here no probs all my speed tests have been in excess of 1.9mbs so pretty good
  • EdCov
    EdCov Posts: 254 Forumite
    Been with Madasafish for over 11 months now, and not had any problems, so I can't comment on their customer service.

However since I only use less than 1Gb a month, I'm now looking for a cheaper deal. £17.99 is not so hot for low usage.
  • Hi EdCov,

As you've almost completed your 12 month contract, why not email us your username and query if Madasafish can give you a better deal in exchange for a new 12 month contract?

Here is the email address: custserve@madasafish.com

Kind regards,

Samara
    Madasafish Customer Care
    Madasafish Customer Care
  • nickyboy_4
    nickyboy_4 Posts: 395 Forumite
    Im afraid that my experience after being connected for less than a week is not so great.
    Im pleased for all those who reckon customer service is good but my 2 emails so far including one with a 36 hour response time havent been answered. Plus the usual cant get through on the phone scenario.
    I appreciate that members of staff post on this forum, but simply why can you not answer when emails are sent to c.s?
    As a new customer im already feeling that its a case of got my money and dont care anymore.
    The connection speeds i informed should be around 2mb but im stuck on under 0.5mb. Im not saying this is down to maaf but when i request some info in an email i would expect a response at least.
    Its not good enough and im already getting that 'NTL feeling' though you can get thru to them via landline at least.
    Im already tempted to quit with maaf and try elsewhere, whether in contract or not.
    Maybe one of the maaf posters on here could enlighten me and maybe restore my faith in maaf.
    Sorry for bickering, but i just expected better c.s thats all, which is what maaf are supposed to be good at.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure