PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

November 2013 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• saving4life
    Options
    another £4.02 spent to Lidl on bread cereal and sweets. Have about £13 left to last me until Friday, should be ok! and got free All Bran cereal on the doorstep this morning.:)
    October Grocery Challenge £400
  • JulieGeorgiana
    Options
    Ok, well it's been absolutely ages since I did this challenge... I slipped big time when pregnant with my daughter, and afterwards I managed to rein in the spending and we stuck to budget for about a year...

Well i'm pregnant again, and we're spending £40-£75 over each and every month!!! I am due in 2 weeks and we are currently £405 over since March :(

So as I do mine over a 4 week period, for the period 25th October - 22nd November I have a £240 budget and I have made a meal plan and ordered everything but my fresh food and I am on target to go over £20...

I am determined that we will not go over £260 this period!

I am making meal plans for the future month (after the baby is born) where I can eat more of the frugal foods and less meat (I always seem to need lots of milk & protein when pregnant) and I am determined to get back to spending within my £240 budget!
    We spend money we don't have, on things that we don't need, to impress people we don't like. I don't and I'm happy!
    :dance: Mortgage Free Wannabe :dance:
    Overpayments Made: £5400 - Interest Saved: £11,550 - Months Saved: 24
  • laura_hoggle
    Options
    First spends of November today - £33.76 in Sainsbobs. Only really needed lunch & fresh stuff as the freezer is full, but stocked up on tins as there's a good offer on KTC chopped tomatoes/chick peas - 4 for £1, making them cheaper than basics range!

Good luck to all for the month of November, and lets hope we are all helped by the YS fairies!
    MFW 2016 #32 £1574.66/£1500:j:j
  • mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Only really needed lunch & fresh stuff as the freezer is full, but stocked up on tins as there's a good offer on KTC chopped tomatoes/chick peas - 4 for £1, making them cheaper than basics range!

Do you know how long that offer is on for in Sainsbugs? I used their chopped toms all the time and have a voucher for extra points when I spend £20, so could go and stock up on catfood etc at the same time.
  • Nelly11
    Nelly11 Posts: 190 Forumite
    Options
    Still have my full 125.00
    I've broken it down to 5 payments of 25, which I popped into envelopes, Really really want to stick to this, no reason not to as the food cupboard is full so are the freezers. Might need some soya milk though this week. Soup and rice cakes for packed lunches this week.
    Barclay card £4,024/£0 0%interest
    HMRC £3,456/£0 0% interest
    Blackhorse £2763/£0 0% interest
    HMRC2 £397/£0 0% interest
    Credit card £1400/£0 29% interest
    Save all loose change 2018 total =
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Went to get the Cathedral city whilst on offer, 12.00 six packs, got 6 packs UHT milk so £17 spend and then just couldn't resist a look at the YS and picked up a lovely 2kg pork shoulder joint for £2.00 instead of £6.00 so had to have it although its not needed this month or even next,
    I was thinking it a shame that you cant donate things like this to a food bank, would make a lovely family meal for someone, so I decided
    I would split the difference, I saved £4 so would spend £2 on something to donate. I had a mooch to see what I could get for that which would be a treat for a family and decided on 4 tins peaches £1.16
    and 5 tins SP custard at 17p , 85p so £2.01 and I am really pleased with my donation for this week.
    Slimming World at target
  • laura_hoggle
    Options
    mooomin wrote: »
    Do you know how long that offer is on for in Sainsbugs? I used their chopped toms all the time and have a voucher for extra points when I spend £20, so could go and stock up on catfood etc at the same time.

I've just had a look online, it says for delivery by 5/11/13, so a week left yet. They are normally 37p each, so this saves 48p for every 4 you buy! There are on the same offer in Asda, but I'm not sure how long for.
    MFW 2016 #32 £1574.66/£1500:j:j
  • Faete
    Faete Posts: 171 Forumite
    edited 31 October 2013 at 8:38AM
    Options
    Hi,

I've only just found this site and I'm really excited by all the help and encouragement to make the most of our money.

I spend around £100 a week on a main shop and lots of little top ups during the week. I'd like to try and limit my spending to £350 for November!

Fae xx
    “Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde :p
    January Grocery Challenge - £189.44/£300.00 :D
    Save
    Save
  • flyinggiraffe_2
    Options
    I've just had a look online, it says for delivery by 5/11/13, so a week left yet. They are normally 37p each, so this saves 48p for every 4 you buy! There are on the same offer in Asda, but I'm not sure how long for.

East end chopped tomatoes are also on offer at 4 for a pound at te$co until the 5/11/13 so might be handy if you usually shop there
  • flyinggiraffe_2
    Options
    Well I got my big shop click and collect today. Works out to £46.86 and got a load of my fave lemonade and stocked up on baking things whilst it's 3 for 2.

I also just wasted 6 eggs trying out a new cake recipe. The chocolate mix didn't fold into the whites properly, and it tastes really bitter. Not impressed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure