PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge - part two

Options

Comments

• Soworried
    Soworried Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    Options
    I've pulled out 4 slices of cooked beef to make in to schnitzels tomorrow.
    £36/£240
    £5522
    One step must start each journey
    One word must start each prayer
    One hope will raise our spirits
    One touch can show you care
  • Soworried
    Soworried Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    Options
    AnnieO1234 wrote: »
    Here's a quick question, I don't think I've ever posted on this thread but I'm an avid reader of it!

I've got a bunch of veggies that are a little passed their best, parsnips, swede and potatoes. I was thinking of chucking them into a soup with carrot and sweet potato; but then got thinking does anyone have any ideas that aren't soup for those "forgotten" veggies?

Xxx
    Par-boil them then crush them with cooked veg and a handful of grated cheese for bubble and squeak cakes.
    £36/£240
    £5522
    One step must start each journey
    One word must start each prayer
    One hope will raise our spirits
    One touch can show you care
  • Mr_Singleton
    Options
    Is anyone aware of any decent food related forums. Ever since the BBC shut its food forums down theres isn't anywhere to talk food and related issues.
    Thanks
  • barneydee_2
    Options
    Why not start a thread on here I'm sure lots would be interested , there are lots of great food threads on here already, got lots of new ideas from this sit & recipes they are a very helpful lot on here
    Dee x
    July grocery challenge £250.00/£408.93
    August grocery challenge£350.00
    2/8£28.46
  • motherkitty
    Options
    I've found a jar of shop bought mincemeat lurking at the back of the cupboard. Was going to put some in a cake but use by date is October last year. Would it still be OK to use?
  • barneydee_2
    Options
    I would use it,I don't take a lot of notice of dates lol as long as the seal on the jar is not broken it should be ok
    Dee x
    July grocery challenge £250.00/£408.93
    August grocery challenge£350.00
    2/8£28.46
  • flubberyzing
    Options
    I'm working my way through the freezer with a few to starting again with it.
    There is a right random assortment in there at the moment and I look at some of the stuff and think "why did I ever buy that?!"
    So I'm eating to completely empty it, and then do a proper shop of things I'll actually use/need/want.
    Because it's fun to have money!
    £0/£70 August GC
    £68.35/£70 July GC
    January-June 2019 = £356.94/£420
  • theresamum2
    Options
    Hi everyone hope you don't mind me joining in my freezer is completly full to the point struggle to know whats in there and my cupboards are full if get anymore won't able to shut the doors. Im not one for cooking in bulk and freezing im a bit wary of it would love to start trying tho would make meal times easier with me have 2 kids and endless after school clubs so need quick meals i need to get like herbs and stuff like that going to start trying to do different meals instead of the same ones.
    Mum to two girls chloe & Lily-Rose
  • Welsh_Poppy
    Options
    I have made big inroads in my freezers but always more work to be done:)
    Out veggie sausage and egg bake
    1 chicken breast

In
    Nowt:)
    Weight loss challenge 66lb to go /59lb's lost

Grocery Budget January £150/£175
    Feb £150/
  • theresamum2
    Options
    Hi everyone my meal plan for tonight is meatball pasta bake making my own meatballs as well i don't have any jar pasta sauce going to try make my own have pasatta(sp?) and chopped tomatoes sure i could make one anyone have any ideas thank you.
    Mum to two girls chloe & Lily-Rose
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure