The march to financial freedom

Options

Comments

• Ali-OK
    Ali-OK Posts: 4,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Ooh I don't know, the dogs have small minds with their focus on food or walkies :D

Looking forward to reading your thoughts and rationale on mortgage busting. My small mind has done a bit of out of box thinking today and an idea of getting a BTL with a second party was discussed. Very early days and we haven't got any further than us both liking the idea in principle.

So we're through Thursday and it's been a pretty busy day with one thing and another.

DS's podiatry appointment went well and he's now got inserts in his shoes to try and some exercises to do. The Podiatrist looked very familiar, turns out DS and her DS were at nursery together and he came to a birthday party. Small world. :)

Letter arrived with my MRI brain scan appointment - a nice early 9.05am on 3rd December. Pleased to have that.

Chicken for the last time tonight - yay :rotfl:

Food shop done and £30.05 spent, including big bag of dog food, so not too bad as extras in there for feeding the DIYers next week too.

Financials:
    - bank account checked
    - freepostcodelottery checked
    - Nectar - oh dear, not done anything here again :o
    - Inbox Pounds - pennies again and up at £1.07
    - Qmee, still on 60p

That's it for today and after tomorrow, a 3 days weekend for me as I'm taking Monday off (or having an Admin day at home ;)) as the DIYers start and the doodle is in for her groom. Ooh got the 25% discount voucher through today by joining the 'club' :j

Hope everyone has had a good day. :)
    Back on the DFW Wagon:

CC - £3,300 on 0% til 04/2020
    CC - £4,500 on 0% til 02/2019
    Loan - £12,063.84 as at 4/1/18
  • AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 14 November 2014 at 11:06PM
    Options
    BTLs are generally good investments but I'm not convinced you'd get a great return by buying just one property, especially if there are multiple investors. However, if you're planning to buy multiple properties, it could work.

Do some research and keep in mind BTLs need to be managed and maintained.

ETA: Glad to hear you have your appointment and hope it goes well. :)
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Great news re the scan date. I too would love to go btl route but would also like to partner with someone. Had a friend who appeared keen but changed her mind.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • Ali-OK
    Options
    Research and further discussions today about a BTL - both still keen to do it and lots to look at in detail which we'll start doing next week. I think partnering up is a good way to do it with the right legal bits in place to protect us both and sharing the load. We'll see what happens. :)

Busy work day today again and glad it's the weekend as feeling really tired, not helped by blustery wind and rain this morning. Urgh!

I've had a No Spend Day too - hoorah, it's been awhile!

Financials:
    - bank account checked and biz banking done
    - Nectar still on £72.63
    - Inbox Pounds up at £1.10
    - Qmee still at 60p

Ooh I've written all my Christmas cards too, started to check presents against my list and think I just need to get 4 more and buy some money wallets - and money out the bank to put in them.

Dinner tonight is pizza :j:j :D

Nothing else to report - it's the usual round of housework and associated bits for the weekend, with little else on the agenda. Feeling decidedly chilled out and ready for feet up to watch Children in Need tonight :beer:

Happy weekend all :)
    Back on the DFW Wagon:

• AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Good luck with the potential BTL business. I suppose partnering up with someone else is good if you are prepared to share the rewards and can work with others.

You must be the first in the country to have Christmas cards written. :rotfl: I write mine one at a time as I receive them.

Glad to hear work is still going well. :)
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
  • Brogden
    Brogden Posts: 1,173 Forumite
    Options
    Ali-OK wrote: »
    Research and further discussions today about a BTL - both still keen to do it and lots to look at in detail which we'll start doing next week. I think partnering up is a good way to do it with the right legal bits in place to protect us both and sharing the load. We'll see what happens. :)

Busy work day today again and glad it's the weekend as feeling really tired, not helped by blustery wind and rain this morning. Urgh!

I've had a No Spend Day too - hoorah, it's been awhile!

Financials:
    - bank account checked and biz banking done
    - Nectar still on £72.63
    - Inbox Pounds up at £1.10
    - Qmee still at 60p

Ooh I've written all my Christmas cards too, started to check presents against my list and think I just need to get 4 more and buy some money wallets - and money out the bank to put in them.

Dinner tonight is pizza :j:j :D

Nothing else to report - it's the usual round of housework and associated bits for the weekend, with little else on the agenda. Feeling decidedly chilled out and ready for feet up to watch Children in Need tonight :beer:

Happy weekend all :)

Just a note to wish you a lovely weekend Ali now we've come down the other side of the hump :rotfl:!! I have got up early to make the most of it :)

Brogden x
  • Ali-OK
    Options
    Was up early too Brogden - because the dogs don't have an alarm clock :mad: Did mean we were over the fields early and they're now asleep again :rotfl: Wish I could do the same!

Well and truly down the other side of the hump :rotfl:. Enjoy your weekend too before climbing the next one :D

Lots of my housey bits already done last night/this morning - washing, bins, towels, beds which I think just leaves housework, elec/gas readings, Christmas present wrapping and the financials. And some more deep cleaning if an afternoon nap doesn't appear first :rotfl:.

Should be a No Spend Day, that's the aim anyway. :)
    Back on the DFW Wagon:

• Ali-OK
    Options
    So my No Spend Day aim flew out of the window, as I've ordered the book that DM wants for Christmas. 3 presents left to buy now. Nothing wrapped still...

Financials:
    - bank account checked. Did a TT to savings of £1.82, that pot sits at £35.14
    - Nectar - nadda, card value £72.63
    - Inbox Pounds - £1.13
    - Qmee - picked up 11p and now on 71p in the pot

Housework done upstairs and then I finished the deep clean in the dining room and waxed the dining table and chairs - big job and inspired a move around of furniture, to a set up I haven't tried before. Looks better than it has ever done in 12 years :rotfl:

Chilli from batch for dinner has been eaten and I've got braising steak defrosting for tomorrow night.

TV night and putting the dry washing away to do. Such an exciting life here :rotfl:
    Back on the DFW Wagon:

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    If I managed to sort out my mum's Christmas present, I'd be well chuffed.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • Brogden
    Brogden Posts: 1,173 Forumite
    Options
    Ali-OK wrote: »
    So my No Spend Day aim flew out of the window, as I've ordered the book that DM wants for Christmas. 3 presents left to buy now. Nothing wrapped still...

Financials:
    - bank account checked. Did a TT to savings of £1.82, that pot sits at £35.14
    - Nectar - nadda, card value £72.63
    - Inbox Pounds - £1.13
    - Qmee - picked up 11p and now on 71p in the pot

Housework done upstairs and then I finished the deep clean in the dining room and waxed the dining table and chairs - big job and inspired a move around of furniture, to a set up I haven't tried before. Looks better than it has ever done in 12 years :rotfl:

Chilli from batch for dinner has been eaten and I've got braising steak defrosting for tomorrow night.

TV night and putting the dry washing away to do. Such an exciting life here :rotfl:

There's nothing like moving things around to get a new look. I need to do it here to be honest :o A polish / waxing would be welcome too :)

After all I have said about Mr. T......that's where I was this afternoon....not sure why......have to ask others....there must have been a reason. Morrison's is looming tomorrow with the Christmas bonus and 'M&M' card in hand.....an exciting life too :rotfl:!!!!

Brogden x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport