Royal Mail Shares

Options

Comments

• Polly
    Polly Posts: 898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I hope this is the right place for my question as you all sound very knowledgeable. I want to sell my 227 Royal Mail shares (paper certificate) and have opened an online account with Equiniti. However, it appears that they will take a fee of £45 and I'm just wondering if this is reasonable? I have no other holdings and am new to share dealing. This transaction will be a one-off. Grateful for any advice.
  • Buzby
    Buzby Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Options
    Reasonable (for them) but not if you are simply bailing out. As I recall the RM Registrars were offering an execution-only sell-off for shareholders who wish to cash up - £25 rings a bell. Ask them.
  • Polly
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. Would you have a link or contact no? £25 sounds much better.
  • hethmar
    hethmar Posts: 10,678 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    edited 10 December 2013 at 7:19PM
    Options
    I sold mine through them and Im pretty sure it was only £7.50? A special deal for these shares? Have a look on your emails from Royal Mail I think it tells you there.or on the equiniti site? Or give equiniti a ring and ask. They are very helpful as I wanted to sell my on the automated phone deal and couldnt find my account ref no.

I sold mine at £5.96 :)
  • grizzly1911
    grizzly1911 Posts: 9,965 Forumite
    Options
    "If you act like an illiterate man, your learning will never stop... Being uneducated, you have no fear of the future.".....

"big business is parasitic, like a mosquito, whereas I prefer the lighter touch, like that of a butterfly. "A butterfly can suck honey from the flower without damaging it," "Arunachalam Muruganantham
  • Polly
    Options
    I think the £7.50 rate was only for those with shares held online. I managed to get a paper certificate though I'm certain I opted for online only.
  • NewBoy12
    Options
    RM joining the ftse 100 on 23-12-13 - any idea what effect this has on the share price?
  • sabretoothtigger
    Options
    none automatically. They'll buy before it actually enters, already have I think
  • Old_Slaphead
    Options
    NewBoy12 wrote: »
    RM joining the ftse 100 on 23-12-13 - any idea what effect this has on the share price?
    Negligible.
    At near 6 quid they look fully valued.
  • sabretoothtigger
    Options
    Canada to scrap national mail delivery. Sounds like every avenue would have a central post

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/bestoftv/2013/12/12/canada-stops-mail-romans-newday.cnn.html
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure