Options

Comments

• blinko
    blinko Posts: 2,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 31 October 2013 at 5:23PM
    Options
    jimjames wrote: »
    Read this article earlier. I know it's sensationalist from the Daily Mail but I'm afraid I still have no sympathy

Angry investors who applied for shares in Royal Mail have had their annual tax-free Isa allowances stolen.
    Royal Mail investors left with spare money sitting in their shares Isa now face having to put it all at risk in other stock market investments they hadn’t planned on buying.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/investing/article-2479048/Royal-Mail-shares-applicants-Isa-allowance-stolen.html

If you intended buying RM shares in your ISA then to suggest you are "having to put it at risk" buying other shares is frankly ridiculous. If an investor was prepared to gamble £11k on a single share by putting it inside an ISA then they have shown they are prepared to risk the stock market and should be happy to buy any other share based investment. If they don't want shares they can use bond funds instead.

The article is completely missing what they expected these investors to do if they had actually got the RM shares they requested. Sell them and remove the money? So no different to what they want to do now except they don't have a 50% profit.
    WOW how shocking how people actually think, I hope this was a hoax article.

So people saw the Royal Mail float come along, emptied there ISA to try and invest. Then when they didn't receive the allotment they wanted are complaining.

Yet they are willing to put £10,000 into a single share.....but not willing to invest in anything else....
  • Basil74
    Basil74 Posts: 65 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

if you got the 227, price now about £5.50, it's only £1248.50, so 1% is only £12.48, though you may have bought more.

Hi, thanks but I used my employee priority purchase my maximum allowance, so as things stand Equiniti would be taking around £150 off me for the sale fee!

I've been on to X-O and had a speedy and helpful reply from them, it turns out Equiniti don't accept the usual Jarvis (X-O) transfer forms anyway, they've sent me a PDF of the correct one I need to fill in.
  • sabretoothtigger
    Options
    wow lucky you, Im glad theres a few smart posties in the shares. Will you keep any as an investor and collect dividends
  • Crater
    Crater Posts: 210 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Basil74 wrote: »
    This has possibly been covered in the previous 109 pages, but I'm just in the process of filling out the X-O transfer form to move my shares from the nominee account (Equiniti).. I DON'T have a share certificate.

I'm just unsure on section 2 ''Existing account Manager details''

Can someone confirm is the address for Equiniti as follows...
    Freepost, R-TEX-KHBU, Equiniti ltd, Aspect House, Spencer rd, Lancing, BN99 8LL??

Also section 2 is asking for my account number... but the only number I can find is my shareholder reference number... are these the same thing??

Thanks in advance

Oh that's good - my husband has a nominee account, and he asked them if he could sell thrugh another broker, and they said "No, only through us." NO MENTION of trasferring out for a charge. SO I guess they are making more money on the sale commissions ;)
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,668 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    blinko wrote: »
    WOW how shocking how people actually think, I hope this was a hoax article.

So people saw the Royal Mail float come along, emptied there ISA to try and invest. Then when they didn't receive the allotment they wanted are complaining.

Yet they are willing to put £10,000 into a single share.....but not willing to invest in anything else....

Sadly it isn't a hoax but the standard of DM reporting.

They are talking as if they have lost their ISA allowance. They have NOT lost it, the allowance is still available to use; it is their choice whether to use it or not for an investment other than RM shares but to say investing is too risky having tried to buy a single share is just unbelievable.

Or they could just buy the RM shares they want on the open market? If they really wanted to spend £10k on those shares then why would they not do that instead?
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • AMILLIONDOLLARS
    Options
    Ended at 5.60 today, big business gets the little man all the time, don't you wish you'd held out longer, to those who sold straightaway!:cool:

AMD
    Debt Free!!!
  • blinko
    blinko Posts: 2,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    jimjames wrote: »
    Sadly it isn't a hoax but the standard of DM reporting.

They are talking as if they have lost their ISA allowance. They have NOT lost it, the allowance is still available to use; it is their choice whether to use it or not for an investment other than RM shares but to say investing is too risky having tried to buy a single share is just unbelievable.

Or they could just buy the RM shares they want on the open market? If they really wanted to spend £10k on those shares then why would they not do that instead?
    Good point, if they really wanted them they could have bought them on the first day of trading at 450p
  • Basil74
    Basil74 Posts: 65 Forumite
    Options
    wow lucky you, Im glad theres a few smart posties in the shares. Will you keep any as an investor and collect dividends

Thanks, yeah I intend to keep them medium-long term... unless the price goes silly in December with the possibility of getting into the ftse 100!

Whatever I do with them I'll be better off getting them out of Equiniti.
  • gatita
    gatita Posts: 1,283 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I bought shares through the Government web page, was awarded the £750. ( I had asked for £3000,) the remaining money was returned to my bank account. I logged into Equiniti, activated my account etc, and was expecting to receive my share certificates. Well, I haven't, I must have done something wrong but have no idea what!! I am not interested in selling just yet, but would like my share certificate.
    Please could someone help?
    When man sacrifices the Love of POWER for the Power of Love, there will be peace on earth.
  • Jevvers
    Jevvers Posts: 648 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Does anyone know if Equiniti will charge for holding these shares? Do I need to transfer out before 8 Nov?

Tks
    Mortgage 1: £243,034 0.99%, i/o, ends May 2026 MFW date 20 Aug 2020
    Mortgage 2: [STRIKE]£166,966[/STRIKE] £159,066 0.99%, repaymt, ends Oct 2033
    Total: £402,100
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport