Has anyone used a-choice car insurance?

Options
124»

Comments

• DeanMorgs
    Options
    My daughter is insured with A choice insurance. They talked me into paying for a full insurance package which including in the benefits that she would have no claims from the moment the policy started even though she only held a provisional. She past her test 4 months later in which I had to alter the policy which was a £45 charge. At the end of the year, when I was looking at different quotes, no other insurance company would accept the fact she had one years no claims as her full driving licence was only obtained 8 months prior to the renewal.
    Also I just rang Achoice insurance to see if I could get it cheaper as the car is sitting there doing nothing whilst my daughter has gone away to uni this year and they charged me £45 because on the existing policy it said that she’s a student living at home rather than away and they had to amend the policy !!! I don’t mind paying for anything as I accept people need to make money but being blatantly ripped off makes a nice natured guy very angry indeed !!!!!!! 😡😡😡
  • Jamboss1996
    Options
    has anyone has there policy cancelled and they are asking for money? I’m not sure what to do as they want over £150
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    has anyone has there policy cancelled and they are asking for money? I’m not sure what to do as they want over £150

When I cancelled mine when they wouldn't insure my new (old) car I think I remember them trying to charge me something as I was paying monthly. I think they gave up in the end.
  • naveens
    Options
    this is my first review ever, I am not the person who will leave a review but you can imagine the extent A-CHOICE MOTORS who's legal name is PREMIUM CHOICE LIMITED FCA 312245, Registered in England 3845329 has PUSHED ME.

this company is a JOKE, they are a broker who have no control over anything in regards to the policies...

they will find you some company like XS DIRECT (WORST COMPANY) who's excess is £3000 and just not ready to listen to customers.

first time in 5 years I made a claim on broken windscreen due to a pothole on M25, had to call them 4 times and been on hold for 45 mins on every call, after which been investigated as if I purposely done the damage.

due to personal circumstance I had to sell my BMW 5series and get a cheaper car, thought this will bring down the insurance, INSTEAD they charged me another £300 to change the vehicle from £15K car to a £4K car.

every time you call them, you will only hear a robotic script which is - THIS IS AGAINST OUR CONTROL...

I WILL STRONGLY RECOMMEND NOT TO GO WITH THIS COMPANY, YOU ARE BETTER OFF PAYING A LITTLE EXTRA AND GETTING A COVER FROM A PROFESSIONAL COMPANY WHO ARE ON CUSTOMER SIDE.

Regards
  • Swinston
    Options
    There is a common theme with this company; they cancel your policy and keep your money. This happened to me today, they said I had a ccj, (I didn't know this) however this question was not asked on the comparison site directly. I received a notice of cancellation after six days, they said they will return £60 of my £247 deposit. Also any future insurance company will want to know if I have been refused or had a policy cancelled, this will probably make my insurance go up further. As a small self employed worker with an autistic child and a young family, these are the companies and challenges that can devastate your finances,

My point is why did they take my money first and then check for ccj's???? Answer is to keep my money, they will keep yours too. READ ALL OTHER REVIEWS OF THIS COMPANY. CANCELATION = keep YOUR MONEY. ombudsman must be contacted.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Do you have a CCJ against you or not ,(your post is confusing)

If it was issued by default and you truly know nothing about it then you do have grounds for complaint.

You are correct that this is bad news and will have to be disclosed to other insurers - most won't quote if you have ever had a policy cancelled. Those that will are expensive!

So well worth trying everything to get this reversed
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport