Has anyone used a-choice car insurance?

Options

Comments

• SimonSays
    SimonSays Posts: 716 Forumite
    Options
    dacouch wrote: »
    I beg to differ, in my experience ERS a nightmare at handling claims and trying to reduce what they pay out.

They may well be ok on delegated schemes where the broker handles the claims but due to past experience I don't place business with them as do most of the brokers I know.

On home I agree, 15 different claim lines is poor.

On motor they have been actually alright on both delegated and non delegated business with my dealings.

Not like Chaucer. Nothing is bad as a Chaucer claim.
  • SimonSays
    SimonSays Posts: 716 Forumite
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    You must be mixing the name up with some other decent company!

(Phone one of those 15 claim numbers to find out ERS don't do home insurance, but do have a shocking reputation)

Google for customer reviews and see for yourself

eg http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews112963.html

Recent words used include "Don't ever use"; "Worst";"Completely awful"; "Couldn't be worse"

Since when did they Drop ERS gold and ERS Silver? Infact when did their two websites become so... well crap?

The only reference I can see now to home is for TGSL brokers for MyHome

http://www.equityredstar.co.uk/MediaCentre/Pages/My-Home-update.aspx

Having looked at https://www.ers.com I wonder what drugs they are smoking down in Brentwood at times. Some of their prices are stupidly cheap as they are desperate for business.

I do like them as I say but I do wonder what drugs they are on at times.
  • jeffo23
    jeffo23 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 11 December 2014 at 10:27PM
    Options
    I have never had so much trouble with insurance companies until i went with this company.
    Got a quote online and had to phone to get it to be told the cover was only for me and not my wife and it did not have NCB protection.
    I told them that i ticked the boxes online but with no joy.
    I only took the policy as my wife was already at the garage to pick my new car up.
    After paying in full £450.00 i was told i had to post our id and Driving licence. Proof of address and a credit card or bank statement ohh and Proof of NCB. which i did after having a moan about all the info being altogether.
    10 days later i get emails, txt messages saying that they had not got the info. So i phoned them to state i had sent them to the address given to me by them.I was told to ring back the next day to see if the docs had been found. 2 hours later i got a email saying my insurance was cancelled due to me not sending the documents. I then phone again with no joy whatsoever. What a sham of an insurance company. 30 days to get a refund . NEVER USE this company is my advice.Good job i check my emails as i would of been driving with no insurance..Should not be allowed to operate. I am complaining to everybody i can.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Will never ever use they company again as they refused to insure my new (old) car mid term. It wasn't like it was anything exotic, just a Megane!
  • taousss
    Options
    Extremely rude customer service. before purchasing they don't provide full details of the policy, cancelled after one day they charge me£50 for nothing. Avoid if you can.

Over the phone they advised me i can't drive any other vehicle. They hide information to get customer and then chage £50 for nothing........ Big shame company
  • NickL_3
    Options
    achoice - a holes more like, most incompetent insurance company I have ever dealt with, would not touch them with the proverbial barge pole, told me I had 5 claims and therefore my insurance would increase, I advised I had not had 5 claims and they told me to prove it - how do you prove you have not had any claims. They informed me that if I could not prove I had not had the claims they would cancel the insurance. I contacted the insurance ombudsman placing them on copy and by some luck someone actually took the time to read the form, they (achoice) informed me now that I had 3 claims not 5 as previously advised as there was a windscreen replacement and a windscreen repair, yep my wife had a windscreen replacement & repair on her company van and it cost me another £50 on my policy.
    These people have a license to treat you as they want as everybody must have insurance and their cancellation policy would leave me without insurance and most of the refund eaten up in their fees. Had their renewal forms back today after telling them I would never use their company again.
    I could not even think of one positive thing to write about them, they seemed cheap to begin with but worked out to be the most expensive in the end. My only recommendation for this company is avoid them at all costs.
  • dimpkins
    Options
    A Choice came up as cheapest on comparison sites so I elected to use them, unfortunately you have to phone them once you have received the quote, 20 minutes later I hung up, the man I was speaking to had a terrible phone manner bordering on arrogant, the quote was not honoured for some spurious reason, there are plenty of great companies out there I decided to choose one of instead. I should have consulted this board beforehand, lesson learnt.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    dimpkins wrote: »
    A Choice came up as cheapest on comparison sites so I elected to use them, unfortunately you have to phone them once you have received the quote, 20 minutes later I hung up, the man I was speaking to had a terrible phone manner bordering on arrogant, the quote was not honoured for some spurious reason, there are plenty of great companies out there I decided to choose one of instead. I should have consulted this board beforehand, lesson learnt.

I bet you had t hold for 20 minutes just to get through too. Then they put you on hold to check something with the underwriter and that's another 20 minutes hold. Then they have to check something with a supervisor and you guessed it, another 20 minutes hold.

They are a shambles of a company. Whenever I do quote comparisons I don't always go for the cheapest of the unknown cheapest anymore.
  • joeynapper
    joeynapper Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 29 November 2016 at 4:38PM
    Options
    I fully regret taking out the insurance with them. I should have known from all bad reviews, but needing insurance quickly and it being one of the cheapest I thought I would risk it.

They cancelled my insurance after 28 days, as I was unable to provide proof NCD (one year's), because my previous insurers did not respond within the time period. I didn't care that much and actually felt a bit relieved as the whole process has been ridiculous, I was paying in installments, so had only by that point paid £105, which was two months up front. I thought I'd rather lose out on all of that than be with such an awful company anyway.

I have now received an email, saying I owe THEM £105.97!!!!! And if I don't pay within 10 days, they will pass it on to a debt recovery company.

Absolutely disgraceful company, but it has taught me to be a LOT more wary, and not always go for the cheapest!
  • Kathryn_P
    Options
    achoice car insurance ahhhhh AVOID. Went through gocompare and after 2 weeks sent a letter saying I needed to give them proof of no claims and a driver summary of they would cancel policy. No mention of any refund. Emailed all information through, had another​ letter through saying my policy was cancelled as I hadn't given them the information. Eventually managed to get through to customer service and they confirmed that I had in fact sent the information they required. Next shocker received email to say I owed another £175 as I hadn't given the correct information. It asked how long I had held a driver's licence for I had said since 2015, apparently it should have been a full licence as the prior question had been type of licence. I phoned to cancel policy achoice charge £50 cancellation fee and 15% of the year's cover I had paid which meant I had paid £43 a week to insure my car. Don't touch these con artist with a barge pole. Now going back with direct line.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure