Has anyone used a-choice car insurance?

Options

Comments

• rs65
    rs65 Posts: 5,682 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I then get a reply asking me to post back the insurance certificate for them to cancel the policy.

Funny thing is they are online only and never posted out insurance documents or certificate to me. They were all just PDF downloads.

Have a look at section 4D on page 3

http://www.biba.org.uk/PDFfiles/TheMotorVehiclesElectronicCommunicationCertificates2010.pdf
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    rs65 wrote: »

I emailed them confirming my wish to cancel policy and they emailed me back wanting me to post the certificate back. They did not post me a certificate.
  • rs65
    Options
    Remind them of the Order I linked to and follow (4D)(a).
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 11 May 2014 at 9:43AM
    Options
    ..... They did not post me a certificate.

They supply you with a certificate online - to save the hassle just print it out and send it in (get a proof of posting) - they won't process your cancellation till they receive it, meaning you keep paying the premium.
  • SimonSays
    SimonSays Posts: 716 Forumite
    Options
    Manisingh wrote: »
    AVOID AT ALL COSTS. :mad::mad::mad:
    Other companies to avoid under their brand are:
    Premium choice
    Equity redstar
    Achoice

Equity Red Star are part of Equity Syndicates Group NOT these people so don't tar them with the same brush.

You'll find that the broker are doing as the underwriter requests "Obtain copies of all licenses from all drivers within 14/28 days or policy will be cancelled"

In their eyes you could not produce entitlement and that excuse (Albeit may be true) has been used hundreds of times.

This is what YOU get when YOU screw the price and the bottom line down.
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    SimonSays wrote: »
    Equity Red Star are part of Equity Syndicates Group NOT these people so don't tar them with the same brush.

You'll find that the broker are doing as the underwriter requests "Obtain copies of all licenses from all drivers within 14/28 days or policy will be cancelled"

In their eyes you could not produce entitlement and that excuse (Albeit may be true) has been used hundreds of times.

This is what YOU get when YOU screw the price and the bottom line down.

Although it's good advice as Equity Red Star are certainly a company to avoid
  • SimonSays
    SimonSays Posts: 716 Forumite
    Options
    dacouch wrote: »
    Although it's good advice as Equity Red Star are certainly a company to avoid

ERS are one of the better ones as long as its a full scheme and not a cut scheme.

Although to be fair ERS are the only ones I know that have over 15 different claim telephone numbers for home
  • rs65
    Options

Although to be fair ERS are the only ones I know that have over 15 different claim telephone numbers for home

I thought they only did motor these days?
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ERS are one of the better ones as long as its a full scheme and not a cut scheme.

I beg to differ, in my experience ERS a nightmare at handling claims and trying to reduce what they pay out.

They may well be ok on delegated schemes where the broker handles the claims but due to past experience I don't place business with them as do most of the brokers I know.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options

You must be mixing the name up with some other decent company!

(Phone one of those 15 claim numbers to find out ERS don't do home insurance, but do have a shocking reputation)

Google for customer reviews and see for yourself

eg http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews112963.html

Recent words used include "Don't ever use"; "Worst";"Completely awful"; "Couldn't be worse"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure