NEW BLOG. Featuring tips and pics from pet owners of the MSE Forum, we present to you Homemade pet toy ideas. Take a look

Christmas 2013 ?

2»

Replies

• thriftylassthriftylass Forumite
    3.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I finished buying for DS, he's 2.5 and get a ride on pedal tractor (reduced to £39), two books and Bedsidelamp/torch (reduced to £5). That'll be plenty at that age from us as he'll still get stuff from other people and has loads of stuff that he can still use from previous Christmas and birthday. We don't have any other kids in the family. But for friend's kids (all under 3) I'm making sock monkeys. The parents get a hamper of mainly homemade stuff, so a tenner max. £50 budget for my parents (special offers and using vouchers. Oh gets his dad and brother. Plus I save £300 over the year to spend on some of the presents and the Christmas food.
    DEBT 03/23: CC 4637 4318 4100 5800 5500 5900 5226 :c Family 1380 0 , MAY Extra money earnt £0, NSDs 0/20
  • Lola888Lola888 Forumite
    971 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    Forumite
    I've done all the presents for DD1 who will be 21 mths as I'm due DD2 end of Nov. She doesn't really know what Christmas is yet, but I've got her some new books, an Aquadoodle, an easel, a little toy keyboard- all bought in the sales/ flash sales etc, so didn't pay full price for any of it.

I've bought for my dad, we only buy token presents so he has a lovely red jumper with a Christmas tree on it!! Not sure what to get my mum or brother, they are very difficult to buy for. My sister is currently working and living abroad and we don't really buy for each other anymore.

I'm bought one present for DH, he doesn't really want anything so I'll probably just get him a couple of box sets or a couple of shirts for work.

Foodwise it's only DH, me and DD1 for dinner so we'll probably just get a turkey crown or whatever meat, we don't really need to budget for a huge meal, as long as I've got some sprouts and gravy I'm happy!!

We have a lovely tree from a Christmas factory, £50 for a 7 foot tree and all the baubles were about 50p some were a little bit more depending on the details. If anyone lives near Cwmbran, South Wales I'd definitely pop down, it's amazing!!
    Got married 13/11/10 :)
    DD1 born 25/03/12 :D
    DD2 born 28/11/13 :D
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy Price Cap change

Martin Lewis on what it means for you

MSE News

Best £1 you've ever spent?

Share your most impressive bargains

MSE Forum