Puzz tries again.. this time with claws... My DMP Journey. I will get debt free...

Options

Comments

• Puzzcat
    Puzzcat Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    Options
    Happy Hump Day..

its freezing today, anyone would think it was winter..:rotfl:

So a spendy few days.... not all my fault mind...

Paid my second payment on my lovely new car.. she rewarded me by getting a puncture...:(... not really her fault as a big screw in it.... Lovely RAC man, well worth having breakdown cover...

Unfortunately £68 for a new tyre today.. on top of £10 for window cleaner yesterday.. never know when he's coming.. I only have the fronts done every other month.. got to keep up appearances.... plus £31.50 on my haircut.... did get 30% discount through my employee scheme...

So very poor puzz now.... I even used my nectar points for some top up shopping.... hey ho.. its my cash payday from OH tomorrow...

Am now going to try and tackle N*twest by phone as they haven't yet again responded to my letter even though I sent it signed for and it was delivered on the 23rd Jan.. sloppy service..

FOS in full swing investigating my non defaulted creation/lowells debt. scanned and emailed a load of info to them this morning..

Thats about it folks..

Love Puzz.x
    Christmas 2020 £109
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC. Self Managed 2016 57% done
    £60062/25384.84 - 13222.60k UE

MY DIARY
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    Well that was a funny call...

15 minutes to get through and then the chap says oh that complaint was closed on the 13th January did you not get the letter.. umm, yes and I replied and sent it signed for which was delivered on the 23rd.. after a few more minutes on hold he says.. oh yes we have received it, it was attached to your complaint but nobody has looked at it.. :mad:... Red rag to a bull too Puzz.. bless him caught right on the hop..... so they will now be looking at it.. quell surprise.. wonder how long till I get another nonsense letter back.. I can see this one heading off to the FOS as well....

Definitely nothing else to report.. at the moment....

Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • NoOneAround
    Options
    Hi Puzz
    Hope the silent migraines have gone.
    Am sure DD will settle down:rotfl:, it's a huge change, my DD came home fairly frequently the first couple of terms but for her each year has got better and better. She said recently that a lot of her friends said the first year being on campus was best - but she herself said she hated that and has been much happier living in a small close group of friends. I sometimes think my DD isn't taking enough opportunities because she isn't doing the things I did, but she is doing what SHE wants, and that is what matters :T

Have a great weekend:)
    NOAh
    xx
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    Hi Puzz
    Am sure DD will settle down:rotfl:, it's a huge change, my DD came home fairly frequently the first couple of terms but for her each year has got better and better. She said recently that a lot of her friends said the first year being on campus was best - but she herself said she hated that and has been much happier living in a small close group of friends. I sometimes think my DD isn't taking enough opportunities because she isn't doing the things I did, but she is doing what SHE wants, and that is what matters :T

Have a great weekend:)
    NOAh
    xx

Hi Noah,

Yes I am hoping that dd will get sorted with private housing, she went into a spin about it last night as one of her flatmates was horrified she hasn't sorted it yet.. girls are mean... she has a couple of girls that may be interested so she will be following that up this week. If all else fails she can commute, bit of a trek but can be done if nothing else gets sorted.. I have never privately rented and also didn't go to uni so its all the unknown for me too.. will do some research...seems to be lots of housing available so fingers crossed it all comes together..

Hope you are keeping well and warm and take care.

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    Morning... ish..

Well today I am having a snow day.. literally.... I was suppose to be heading to London for the afternoon with my girls but weather is pants so I have postponed until it warms up.... the speed the text replies came back I think they were all relieved...!

On the plus side will probably save me about £40 and I get to do some jolly housework instead.. with plenty of chill time thrown in....

Nothing to report on money news.. all quiet at the moment..just how we like it....

Stay warm wherever you are...!

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 11 February 2017 at 6:23PM
    Options
    Very wise to cancel your trip, Puzz:T. Staying warm and dry and not spending any money is all good:)

Not much to report here except I switched phone and broadband supplier yesterday which will net £60 cashback. Plus, I paid for the line rental all in one go (using my new Cap 1 CC;)) instead of monthly which will save me some money. It's the first time I've ever had the money available to do it this way (thanks to having a month's payment break between SC and self-managed DMP:j). Will repay in full when CC bill is due at start of March, don't want to mess up my 'new' card's payment history as am using this card purely to help rebuild my reliability.

Only 60 days now to OH's holiday:j. He's being a pain about having the heating on (he's always warm and I'm always cold:(). If the weather is still cold whilst he's away that boiler will be on 24/7 without anyone nagging:rotfl:. He pays for the oil not me;)
    Edit: Even better, I 'read' my chart wrongly:o, it's only 58 days:j
  • NoOneAround
    Options
    Hi Puzz
    Am sure DD will settle down:rotfl:, it's a huge change, .....NOAh
    xx
    Puzzcat wrote: »
    Hi Noah,

Yes I am hoping that dd will get sorted with private housing, she went into a spin about it last night as one of her flatmates was horrified she hasn't sorted it yet.. girls are mean... she has a couple of girls that may be interested so she will be following that up this week. If all else fails she can commute, bit of a trek but can be done if nothing else gets sorted.. I have never privately rented and also didn't go to uni so its all the unknown for me too.. will do some research...seems to be lots of housing available so fingers crossed it all comes together..

Hope you are keeping well and warm and take care.

Love Puzz. x

Hi Puzz,
    cringing at my typo:o it wasn't meant to be a :rotfl: smiley after saying DD will settle down , just a :) smiley ....it made it look like I was laughing and I wasn't at all, just not concentrating! Sorry:o
    I know really well how some mean girls are...my DD has been through plenty herself.
    The reason she's found it better at university is that you can choose to hang out with who you want to, instead of having to put up with closed school groups.

We had snow yesterday too, I stayed in my pjs all day :o - glad no-one popped round - would have had to do a quick duck under the windows and disappear upstairs:rotfl:

All gone now though and beautifully bright today. But have a mountain of work to do :( Best get on.....

Have a good week
    NOah
    x
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    Hi Noah and CBC,

Thanks for dropping by... no worries Noah, I didn't even notice the :rotfl:... and dd and I do spend quite a lot of time doing that so its fitting really...!!

CBC I have used my cc three times now.. I was so worried that the dd wouldn't work I even rang to confirm it... Nice green up to date on my credit file...I am trying to only use it once a month so I don't get in a muddle..!

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    So over hump day and heading to the weekend again..

dd is coming home tomorrow, but I have warned her I don't want to spend too much money as I always seem to have a much poorer week after she visits (didn't tell her that bit mind..)...

Finally reply from N*twest and at least this time it made some sense.. the long and the short of my original complaint was they weren't updating my payments to my loan account, the same complaint I did with them last summer.. They have removed all evidence of the account from all the CR Agencies apparently.. saves me nagging them I guess...:rotfl: Doesn't really make any difference to me as the default was the same age as the other 2 N*twest one's that are being reported.. one less red D to look at I guess..!

No word from the FOS about my other complaint yet, although Lowel*s haven't reported it this month so will wait and see...

dd got her information about her year abroad yesterday... as if finding all the cash for private renting in uk this year isn't going to be bad enough, she will need a guarantor for the USA who can prove they have anywhere from $10000 to $25000 depending where she goes... luckily both my parents have savings and I am sure one of them will be happy to do this.. as long as they don't actually have to pay it..!!!!!

Nothing else to report.. best pop out as I have been a lazy puzz today. .plus had dd on the phone twice.. last time for 45 mins...:eek: She loves a chat...!

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 17 February 2017 at 12:19PM
    Options
    Well, just when I was thinking all was going well with my new CC I had a bit of a problem:eek:. So early on in my new grown-up way of managing my credit, not good:(.

I had to rejoin AA on New Years Eve (long story, let membership lapse because I wasn't using it etc etc). Then I needed an emergency call-out, everywhere shut (New Years Eve) so I rejoined AA over phone from the scene and a lovely patrolman came to my rescue and got me mobile again. I joined using my new Cap 1card, it was the first transaction on it. Goodness knows what I would have done without access to credit:o.

Anyway, the promised membership card etc never arrived (over 6 weeks gone by) and I thought I'd best phone to chase them up. The woman on the phone was brilliant, checking everywhere and could find no record of my payment on their system:eek:. She even asked me to double check that I paid with the card I told her I'd used:rotfl:. Chance of being able to pick and choose made me laugh. I know the payment went from my card, I'd already paid the balance off. So where was my money?????

After a phone call of 35 minutes where I was on hold for most of it(luckily free) she came back and said she'd discovered their membership system was 'down' over that period and I hadn't actually been a member all that time even though she'd traced the payment having been made on 31st December. Good job I hadn't had to ask for a breakdown call-out in the meantime then wasn't it? I didn't complain or anything, in fact the whole conversation was really friendly and helpful, not the usual trauma when things go wrong with these big companies. And quite out of the blue she said she was going to action my membership from yesterday and write off the cost:T:T:T. I should be receiving a refund very soon. Restored my faith in big business, customer service and life in general:j:j:j

I hope you and your lovely daughter have a great time and lots of cheap fun:beer:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback