We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Puzz tries again.. this time with claws... My DMP Journey. I will get debt free...

Comments

• Puzzcat wrote: »
    Yep cbc, self managed is the way to go! Only when your ready though.. ! xx

Do you think SC will play up if I do apply for and get a CC? Do I even have to tell them? I assume they'll know eventually as it will show on my credit file. Whenever I do a SC review on the phone or call them about anything they always ask if I've taken out any more credit. Obviously this has always been 'no' but I don't want to lie to them when I actually do:o. I'll be doing my review online next time anyway unless they ask to speak to me about it. They did last time:(
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 17 November 2016 at 11:08AM
    :kisses3::kisses3::kisses3: to you, Puzz

I really do empathise as I've had bouts of this over the years. Fortunately not now that I feel more in control of the money monster:j

Doing nice little things for yourself such as the lovely bubble bath you mentioned will help in the short term but if the feelings persist please see your GP. Easy for me to talk, I have to be dragged kicking and screaming before I go to see mine:o, but it's always good to be able to talk to someone about how you're feeling and an 'outsider' is always best for people like you and I (who I feel are kindred spirits in lots of ways) who keep our cards close to our chests with people we know.

Take care xxxx
  • Puzzcat
    Puzzcat Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    Do you think SC will play up if I do apply for and get a CC? Do I even have to tell them? I assume they'll know eventually as it will show on my credit file. Whenever I do a SC review on the phone or call them about anything they always ask if I've taken out any more credit. Obviously this has always been 'no' but I don't want to lie to them when I actually do:o. I'll be doing my review online next time anyway unless they ask to speak to me about it. They did last time:(

Hi cbc, I don't think SC have access to your credit files and so would only know if you told them.. The creditors do have access but not sure how much they can see apart from their own bit they update. And what's the worst that would happen... you go self managed...! Like you I have no intention of running up any more debt, I just want more shiny green bits on my file...!

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC. Self Managed 2016 57% done
    £60062/25384.84 - 13222.60k UE

MY DIARY
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
  • Puzzcat
    :kisses3::kisses3::kisses3: to you, Puzz

I really do empathise as I've had bouts of this over the years. Fortunately not now that I feel more in control of the money monster:j

Doing nice little things for yourself such as the lovely bubble bath you mentioned will help in the short term but if the feelings persist please see your GP. Easy for me to talk, I have to be dragged kicking and screaming before I go to see mine:o, but it's always good to be able to talk to someone about how you're feeling and an 'outsider' is always best for people like you and I (who I feel are kindred spirits in lots of ways) who keep our cards close to our chests with people we know.

Take care xxxx

Thank you for your lovely words, you understand me so well..

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Hello Puzz,
    Have missed your DD leaving home but just read your last few posts. I was so lonely after DD left home, and felt the same way you describe. I never went to the Drs. either because I don't like taking drugs (;)) but I'll still preach what I don't practise and agree with cbc, go and tell all!

The loneliness doesn't go away, but it does get easier if that makes sense! I still had DS at home but boys don't do "talk" in the same way. My DD is in 3rd year now, - where has that time gone:eek: - and I now feel really guilty as some days I don't think about her at all.

Re credit cards - I kept one up to date and didn't tell SC about it when I first talked to them, and have been using it to help cash flow over the last two years. However I only talked to SC for advice and had them do and I&E, I decided to go self managed from the start. I am also think of getting one of the poor credit cards to help rebuild credit score.

Hope you feel more upbeat again soon:)

NOAh
    x
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
  • Puzzcat
    Thanks for your kind words Noah, I know you have a lot on your plate at the moment. Take care of you. xxx
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Puzzcat
    So the good news...

The dark cloud has lifted...:D Not completely but enough for me to smile and get off my backside and do things...! So yesterday I hoovered the house and washed the wooden floors and washed and changed my bedding.. Today I am doing the kitchen and a sweep through the bathroom as I did that on Thursday....

I am then going to meet a friend for a coffee this afternoon and have another friend over for nachos tonight...

dd planning her big escape from uni in 3 weeks time.. wasn't impressed when I told her she couldn't get a lift with all her stuff until the Sunday. they finish on the Friday.. but did say she could get the train back and then we could all go down on the Sunday to clean/bring back bedding/towels etc.. we shall see...

Still feeling a little under par health wise, paracetamol seems to work, feel like I am fending off something...

Weight.. back to 10.11... so that's some good news. will be imparting on my exercise plan next week...

Lovely mother having driven me bonkers on holiday is being very persistent that she wants to take me out to dinner at her favorite restaurant.. not a problem, apart from the demands that it has to be soon... will see how I feel as the week gets started...

Money news.. none.. I have nothing to report.. still have my £200 which I took in english on holiday, will pay that in the bank soon and get it into a saving account.. probably holiday 2017..

Oh post man just knocked and in among my post was a letter from a well known frozen fish products company that I complained to about the % of potato v fish in a product.. they sent me a £3.50 voucher.. thank you... oh and the complainer I am, I followed up a complaint with a well known orange supermarket when OH found a piece of plastic in the ham packet.. they gave me 2000 points... worth £10... definitely always worth complaining.. nicely of course...!

That's about all for today..

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
    So the good news...

The dark cloud has lifted...:D Not completely but enough for me to smile and get off my backside and do things...!
    Love Puzz. x

Great news that you are feeling more like your normal, cheerful self:beer:

D'you know what, Puzz? I'm 99.9% decided to go self-managed myself in January. New year, new start and all that:j

Thanks to your example I feel I need to loosen the SC apron strings and make some financial decisions of my own:T

Might be (definitely will be;)) back later with lots of questions about the order to do things in.

Thanks a million for your constant support and encouragement:A

Lovely mother having driven me bonkers on holiday is being very persistent that she wants to take me out to dinner at her favorite restaurant.. not a problem, apart from the demands that it has to be soon... will see how I feel as the week gets started...

Meant to do a multi-quote in my last post but just can't seem to get the hang of it:o

I was curious whether your mother realised that she'd been a total pain in the whatsit when on holiday and is trying to compensate or is just the generous type anyway. I know my mum (who was a constant pain but never realised that she was:eek:)used to take umbrage if anyone even hinted that she had been and would go off in a mega sulk which lasted days:(
  • Puzzcat
    Great news that you are feeling more like your normal, cheerful self:beer:

D'you know what, Puzz? I'm 99.9% decided to go self-managed myself in January. New year, new start and all that:j

Thanks to your example I feel I need to loosen the SC apron strings and make some financial decisions of my own:T

Might be (definitely will be;)) back later with lots of questions about the order to do things in.

Thanks a million for your constant support and encouragement:A

Good on you cbc, you can do.. if I can anyone can...!!! :T:T:T
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 345.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451K Spending & Discounts
  • 237.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 612.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.3K Life & Family
  • 251K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.