The Great 'shrinking food and other items' Hunt

Options

Comments

• Chris_M_3
    Chris_M_3 Posts: 102 Forumite
    Options
    There's one thing I hate more than having a dirty botty, is having less wipes to clean a dirty botty.

MuD1rR5Y.jpg
    100% debt free
    House - bought and paid for
    Contents - bought and paid for

:beer:
    £12k in '12 No.198: £12,554/£12,000
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Chris_M wrote: »
    There's one thing I hate more than having a dirty botty, is having less wipes to clean a dirty botty.

MuD1rR5Y.jpg
    I agree with the sentiment but don't believe these are any good for the environment or your soil stack.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • PLRFD
    PLRFD Posts: 1,126 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Multi packs of chewing gum were 5 for £1 then went down to 4 now it's 3 packs for £1.
  • Supashopa
    Options
    I recently went to my local Tesco to buy the Aptamil folly on milk 2 and noticed that the packaging looked slightly different. On closer inspection, I discovered that the quantity had reduced from 900g to 800g but the price was virtually still the same. There has been a 15p reduction in price, from £11 to £10.85. Quite frankly I’d rather pay the extra 15p for the 100g they’ve taken off. I think the makers, Nutricia I believe are taking advantage of parents who have no choice but to buy the product. Simply outrageous.
  • PLRFD
    Options
    I totally agree with you it is but it just keeps happening.
  • Steve059
    Steve059 Posts: 2,686 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Apologies if ths has been mentioned above, but Heinz salad cream 655g is now 605g/570ml.
    If you fold it in half, will an Audi A4 fit in a Citroen C5? :)
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    As this thread has already deviated considerably from food, I am posting about Poundland's plastic hair clamps. They used to sell six in a pack, then three, and now just two.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • PLRFD
    Options
    That will do for me I have less hair than I used to have :)
  • marno22
    marno22 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Sometimes products that have been selling in the market to apply this is of course very harmful
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,594 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    As this thread has already deviated considerably from food, I am posting about Poundland's plastic hair clamps. They used to sell six in a pack, then three, and now just two.

Thanks for that. I think it's a big problem for £ shops that they're finding it really difficult to find goods that they can sell for a £.

They have branded goods (like cereal) that's in smaller packages so not the bargain they appear to be. My DD likes the Kenco coffee sachets and they sell packs of 5 instead of 10. They do Frylight but in 100 ml containers.

You really need to watch them carefully. I can't see them lasting too long myself if their cost per kg etc. goes up near Aldi/Lidl prices they won't compete on quality.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback