The Great 'shrinking food and other items' Hunt

Options

Comments

• PLRFD
    PLRFD Posts: 1,126 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    I bought some mosquito wipes from Poundworld (before they went bust) for £1 per pack.

Savers sell the identical item for 89p.

Well I'm happy that somebody keeps their mosquitos clean.
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Kellogg's have shrunk some of their products; Cornflakes were 790g, now they are 720g and the 500g pack size has been reduced down to 450g.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Surprised that no one has mentioned this. Walkers Crisps were in multipacks of 12 and now 10.
  • lassfarfromhome
    Options
    Green and Blacks big bars are now only 90g (instead of 100g). I think they changed it with the packaging and I didn't notice when I bought some recently- normally I'm quite eagle-eyed about this sort of thing. Sneaky...
  • lassfarfromhome
    Options
    Is it me or did Green and Blacks bars suddenly go from 100g to 90g? Grrrr
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,898 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Is it me or did Green and Blacks bars suddenly go from 100g to 90g? Grrrr

I stopped buying Green & Blacks when Cadburys bought them, it never seemed to taste the same. (Probably mind over matter)

Still at least 5 flavours in 100g though https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/search?query=Green%20and%20blacks%20100g
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,161 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Broken link above.

This is one of the products concerned: https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/261905066
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    sarah1972 wrote: »
    I stopped buying Green & Blacks when Cadburys bought them, it never seemed to taste the same. (Probably mind over matter)
    I put nothing past Modelez. They managed to screw up the taste of Cadbury's quite successfully.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,898 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    I put nothing past Modelez. They managed to screw up the taste of Cadbury's quite successfully.

Very true !
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,802 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It would keep this thread shorter if we looked for products which HADN'T reduced in size to maintain the price! Or something that hasn't gone up by 10% in the last year.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback