🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

The job center is killing me

Options

Comments

• job_hunter_3
    Options
    Tiglath wrote: »
    So they say you didn't take part in a work programme in January? Are they correct, or have they got the facts wrong?
    i went to all their course classes jumped through al their hoop got sanctioned for the plasement was not sutible
    so asked for if their was anything alse they did not have any more placements
    so go sactiond for that ...that was the 2 year up.
    it was only 4 weeks ago my advizer loking at get me to go back to the same coures .
    so i will be back on them again 4 years already done this will be another 2 never help me in anyway all they do is put me a downer banging me heid af a wall.

1 placement in my area a joke how is their not real job cumpines out their have placements .
    routes to work the power goes to ther head
    i have photos from triage plasement helth and safty rules that they where breking .
    everyone haves the right to be safe at work
    They just cover it up becase nothing happend
  • job_hunter_3
    Options
    john539 wrote: »
    Did they try to sanction you in the past on Work Programme or similiar ?

What happened then ?
    Yes i have tried to explane it down a few post.
  • thistledome
    Options
    Don't know if this has already been posted, but there's a food bank that covers motherwell, airdrie, wishaw and shotts here:

http://basicsfoodbanklanarkshire.weebly.com/

The web site says you need to be referred to them by social services or CAB.
    Love the animals: God has given them the rudiments of thought and joy untroubled. Do not trouble their joy, don't harrass them, don't deprive them of their happiness.
  • job_hunter_3
    Options
    my intenet is running out so will not be on as much as tring to keep whats leaft internet for job hunting .
    As for the ppl who say that i shold go and learn how to spell any job i do dose not invole riting
    am of to see if i can sell my microwave.
  • john539
    john539 Posts: 16,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 September 2013 at 12:10PM
    Options
    So it's this thread:

Retrospective sanctions applied due to a new court decision?
    http://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/5257/
    This thread in post #4 mentions Wilson Reilly case.

Poundland ruling 'blows big hole' through government work schemes
    http://www.theguardian.com/society/2013/feb/12/poundland-ruling-government-work-schemes

They won part of their case, court said DWP was not informing people properly of sanctions and right of appeal.

BUT the DWP simply got round this by changing law to apply retrospectively & sending letters afterwards.

Wilson Reilly were going to appeal this, to get refunded benefit they had lost due to sanction, which may affect retrospective part.

Jobseekers try to overturn law denying them benefit rebates
    http://www.theguardian.com/society/2013/jun/11/jobseekers-law-denying-benefit-rebates
  • Dunroamin
    Dunroamin Posts: 16,908 Forumite
    Options
    job_hunter wrote: »
    my intenet is running out so will not be on as much as tring to keep whats leaft internet for job hunting .
    As for the ppl who say that i shold go and learn how to spell any job i do dose not invole riting
    am of to see if i can sell my microwave.

Improving your literacy is probably the single most important thing that you could do to improve your employability.
  • thistledome
    Options
    I wonder if the nasty posters on here ever think about the potential effects of their actions on people who are already distressed and vulnerable? Probably not :(

If you read a post that you don't understand from someone who's asking for help, either politely ask them to clarify (if you genuinely want to help) or just move on to another thread. Don't try and mess with people's heads who might already be desperate. It's not clever, it's not funny and it's possibly the last straw for someone who's struggling already.
    Love the animals: God has given them the rudiments of thought and joy untroubled. Do not trouble their joy, don't harrass them, don't deprive them of their happiness.
  • john539
    Options
    Wilson Reilly were going to appeal this, to get refunded benefit they had lost due to sanction, which may affect retrospective part.

Jobseekers try to overturn law denying them benefit rebates
    http://www.theguardian.com/society/2013/jun/11/jobseekers-law-denying-benefit-rebates
    The appeal on this retrospective law has reached Supreme Court.

Poundland case reaches supreme court
    http://www.theguardian.com/society/2013/jul/29/poundland-case-supreme-court

"The court is expected to deliver a verdict on the case in the autumn."
  • john539
    Options
    I have been on work programes for 4 years about how long i have been signing on a place called triage in Cumbernauld for 2 years & a place in Airdrie Routs to work (routs to die) i did every thing they asked (danced to there music)

4 years an never got an interview onto triage at it for 2 years at the end of it they put you onto a job i got put into The british hart foundation in Airdrie never had a job like it was the only one they had But was willin to give it a go first day their about six ppl from work programes the job was moving heavy furnicher aroud i was giving safty boots from triage but 4 of the ppl did not have any i ask them why they told my they where wating on them today this be monday so carried on with my work didnt even have a sweeping brush was making ppl go down in there hands and nees with 2 bits of cardboard i went staight to the pound shop and buy them a brush gave it to the manager
    Onto Tuesday was up the stair moving 3 pice suits about and i triped over a carpet tile that was sticking up so i when to ask if they have tape to sick it down got blanked
    Day 3 had my phone with me so started to look abuot to see it there was anymore things wrong,Heres the list i found before i got asked to leave in the public area half a dozen
    carpet tiles where pelling of the floor ,wires where hanging out of the wall,the stair hand rail was falling off about 10 feet of it the treads where all stiking up,the fire ecape was blocked up the stair i have PHOTOS to prove this the maneger seen what i was doing and was not to happy phone triage and i left told triage the next day what happend
    and nothing got done about it sweept it under the carpet that was my 2 year up.
    i went to all their course classes jumped through al their hoop got sanctioned for the plasement was not sutible
    so asked for if their was anything alse they did not have any more placements
    so go sactiond for that ...that was the 2 year up.

1 placement in my area a joke how is their not real job cumpines out their have placements .
    routes to work the power goes to ther head
    i have photos from triage plasement helth and safty rules that they where breking .
    everyone haves the right to be safe at work
    They just cover it up becase nothing happend
    Appeal on Health & Safety grounds.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    AP007 wrote: »
    I am sure this is a joke now as I have asked lots of times as have others here what the sanction was for and we get random replies.
    Yes, I was suspicious last night, but the further posts this morning have convinced me it's a hoax. To those saying the OP is unintelligible, I say read more carefully-there is definite evidence of proper sentence construction(just no full stops!) and it's only the crude attempt at "mimicking" a Scottish accent that makes some of the posts difficult.
    If the OP is really after help, I don't think internet forums are the place to start.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport