Options
1789101113»

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Steve059 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, they're sending them to customers, like me, who are already using the new EE SIM and service, and have transferred their number. :doh:
    They appear to be sending them to all numbers that were on their database in 2012 (or some such), including to me, who have ported my number to 3, and to my son, who has ported his number to Giffgaff.
    The whole operation has been a mess. I wonder what blunders there will be in making refunds to customers who allow their Vodafone-branded-ASDA SIM to die on 30 April with a credit balance.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So you topped up £20 back in 2012? An awful lot of outrage about a PAYG spend of less than a pound a month...
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • davidis66
    Options
    Ordered my new EE sim in December, got it months later & then tried unsuccessfully 4 times to get a PAC code. Contacted asdamobile approx. 10 times, got 10 different people telling me 10 different things!!!!! One even suggested my 10 year old phone (which has had 5 different sims in it) may be blocked to 1 network???!!!
    Now they tell me the 8 digits preset on the transfer form & the 13 on my new sim card number are one digit too many!!! So your guess is as good as mine as to which one I should cancel... Basically asdamobile's "n. 1 customer service" has been shown to be absolutely CRAP... If u r considering joining the new network think twice!!! Go elsewhere!!!!!!!!
  • virgo17
    virgo17 Posts: 955 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    davidis66 wrote: »
    Ordered my new EE sim in December, got it months later

Having managed to get my ear defenders off now, I think most of us agree with you.
  • davidis66
    Options
    davidis66 wrote: »
    Ordered my new EE sim in December, got it months later & then tried unsuccessfully 4 times to get a PAC code. Contacted asdamobile approx. 10 times, got 10 different people telling me 10 different things!!!!! One even suggested my 10 year old phone (which has had 5 different sims in it) may be blocked to 1 network???!!!
    Now they tell me the 8 digits preset on the transfer form & the 13 on my new sim card number are one digit too many!!! So your guess is as good as mine as to which one I should cancel... Basically asdamobile's "n. 1 customer service" has been shown to be absolutely CRAP... If u r considering joining the new network think twice!!! Go elsewhere!!!!!!!!
    ...well the 25th May deadline passed and the asda "customer service" staff have vanished leaving me with no phone number anymore...so I'd appreciate any ideas for a low-usage sim only PAYG (no monthly tarriff) deal...! Pref. with vodafone network coverage!!! :-)
  • macman
    Options
    Please define 'low usage': how many minutes, how many texts, how much data?
  • s55shh
    s55shh Posts: 37 Forumite
    Options
    more important than the credit balance, surely there must be a way to retrieve my lost number? Its going to cause a real headache if its gone.
  • macman
    Options
    Once a SIM expires due to non-use in the specified period, the number is recycled.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport