JustFab UK don't have JustFab customer service!!

Options
Lisey_Loo
Lisey_Loo Posts: 344 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary
edited 6 September 2013 at 5:11PM in Praise, vent & warnings
I have tried searching for this company but couldn't find anything....but STEER CLEAR!!!

What a nightmare!!! Chose some boots with their half price offer of £17.50, parcel never arrived although they took the money pretty fast from my account.
Emails to their customer service were totally ignored. I then had emails telling me because I was a VIP they would be taking £35 a month from me unless I signed into my account & 'skipped the month'!! I then spent nearly an hour on their live chat trying to get a refund for my money & cancel my account, but they only cancel via phone!
Cue me spending another 40 minutes on hold to the worst song ever (something about being a model!!) & then having a Barbie doll voiced lady tell me over & over that I am very important to them & that I'll miss out on such wonderful things if I cancel...:rotfl:

She had no idea what to say when I took her 'off script' and she began to really really p*ss me off as she just wouldn't cancel my account & apologise for all the cr*apness. :mad:

Fingers crossed my refund arrives back asap, but I wouldn't touch this company with a barge pole!!
Keep away if you value your sanity folks!!

ETA: Apparently you can only 'skip the month' between the 1st & 5th of each month, any date outside of that means they take your money & keep it on your account with them as a credit!!!!

Wish I'd seen this before I used them...

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/online/justfab.html

Comments

• Hi Lissy Loo,

Just made the same mistake - ordered a pair of shoes two hours ago and only just looked and seen the horror online about the site. Really REALLY wish I hadn't ordered them now, I literally just signed up to their site a few hours ago but will cancel straight away with them in the morning. DO NOT want to be scammed with them :(

Did you manage to get a full refund back eventually?
  • Lisey_Loo
    Options
    Hi Lissy Loo,

Just made the same mistake - ordered a pair of shoes two hours ago and only just looked and seen the horror online about the site. Really REALLY wish I hadn't ordered them now, I literally just signed up to their site a few hours ago but will cancel straight away with them in the morning. DO NOT want to be scammed with them :(

Did you manage to get a full refund back eventually?

Hi
    I never got my refund back from them, I had to get the refund back via Paypal. Good luck getting your money back Olivia :)
  • Lucy_Lastic
    Options
    I have just fallen for this marketing ploy (scam) too. At least I received my handbag, and quickly as well. It was when I read the leaflet enclosed that I realised that I had signed up to be a "VIP" member, which entitled me to have £35 removed from my account each month whether I wanted to buy anything or not.

It is only possible to cancel your membership by phone as Lisey Loo says. I spoke to someone who sounded like a robot with an American accent who said his name was Apple (?).

Apple had a script and would not deviate from it, telling me all the advantages of the VIP membership, despite me interrupting, most politely, insisting that I would like to cancel my membership, completely, now.

I have also logged on to my account and sent an e mail to confirm that I have cancelled, do not wish to purchase anything and do not want my bank account debited.

I hope I have done enough to ditch JustFab.

AVOID!
  • tb10er
    tb10er Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    This must be a candidate for miss-spelling!

I can only echo the comments of the others
  • Kp123_2
    Options
    They took £175 of mine made a small claims court claim all online took 10 minutes to complete the form and cost £25 but got a full refund £200
  • Guest_name
    Options
    I realised that they took £70 from my account. After ringing them and complaining I got the money refunded. When you buy from them, they automatically sign you up to a VIP membership which is hidden in their Terms & Conditions. All this rubbish about checking between 1-5th of each month and skip or they take out £35 to add to your account. I also rung my bank and they informed me that this Company set up monthly payments without my knowledge but they will stop it. I was also advised to check my account this month just to make sure. Them boots cost me more than they are worth and in the future I will be careful to check reviews before buying anything online.
  • Forpetessake
    Options
    My daughter just noticed that £35 has been taken out of her account every month since December '13, we have just been into our bank and hopefully cancelled the direct debit, it mean that this company has extracted £280 from us, equivalent to about 50 hrs of my daughter's working life. I haven't attempted to phone them yet to try and get money returned, I am not looking forward to it, any advice would be welcome. How can it be that companies can set up and legally operate money scams like this in this country. They are oviously targeting youngsters who may not be savvy enough to look into the details and small print first. We had a similar problem with a company hooking my daughter into a monthly fee for ringtones last year.
  • hgotsparkle
    hgotsparkle Posts: 1,282 Forumite
    Options
    My daughter just noticed that £35 has been taken out of her account every month since December '13, we have just been into our bank and hopefully cancelled the direct debit, it mean that this company has extracted £280 from us, equivalent to about 50 hrs of my daughter's working life. I haven't attempted to phone them yet to try and get money returned, I am not looking forward to it, any advice would be welcome. How can it be that companies can set up and legally operate money scams like this in this country. They are oviously targeting youngsters who may not be savvy enough to look into the details and small print first. We had a similar problem with a company hooking my daughter into a monthly fee for ringtones last year.

Can I just make a suggestion:
    Yes, plenty of people do fall for this but does your daughter know to read all the information and t&c's before pressing confirm, as it sounds to me that shes getting a bit click-happy.
  • SuperHan
    SuperHan Posts: 2,269 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Can I just make a suggestion:
    Yes, plenty of people do fall for this but does your daughter know to read all the information and t&c's before pressing confirm, as it sounds to me that shes getting a bit click-happy.

And can I suggest your daughter checks her bank more often and more carefully. Although it equates to 50 hours, it is money that she hasn't missed. This could have been caught earlier if she had been a bit more vigilant!
  • lovesswimming
    Options
    just had the same with my daughter! they should not allow 17 year olds to sign up! the just fab woman just put the phone down on me before I could check how to prove she cancelled this time! i was telling her that it was a crooked way to run a business! but i did not swear and I was not abusive! they also would not let her cancel and then use the credit she has (as she has had the money taken out of her account) she has to use the credit 1st and then cancel!! another phone call for us then later! i agree with daughter being responsible for reading what she signs up for but at 17 if you have never heard of repeat payments you think you are just paying for the good like on ASOS etc! as soon as I saw her statement and worked out what it was we were on to it but I'm fuming!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure