🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

This Time I'm Really Going To Do It

Options

Comments

• themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,955 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Wow £200/300 for a girth.... I know all things horsey are expensive but didn't realise that extended to girths!

What a pity though, can't help but assume your disappointment would have been as strong as mine if I'd had my lesson cancelled as a 10-year-old horse-mad girl!
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 5,020 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    themadvix wrote: »
    Wow £200/300 for a girth.... I know all things horsey are expensive but didn't realise that extended to girths!

What a pity though, can't help but assume your disappointment would have been as strong as mine if I'd had my lesson cancelled as a 10-year-old horse-mad girl!

Well you can get a girth for around £20 ..even cheaper on bay of e but charming cob has very particular quirks in the girth requirement area :)
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • Watty1
    Options
    On own last night and decided a pizza would be just the thing for dinner. Now very rarely do I eat a pizza but this time I went to local M*S and bought a wood fired cheeze and sundried tomato one. Looked delish! Whilst it was in the oven I made myself a green salad to go with it.

Whilst removing from oven I burnt my hand so I ran hand under cold tap for a while.
    The dog - large and very noisy - somehow found stealth ghost mode and came into the kitchen. The first i knew of this was a very strange sound and I turned round to see dog had removed pizza from side and had pizza on floor with most of pizza in mouth :eek:

No pizza for me then :( The salad was very nice tho' :rotfl:

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Dogs are fab aren't they. I remember a great Sunday afternoon when my dad spent most of it on the phone dealing with an on call incident. His dinner was on and off the table for about 3hrs without being eaten. Once situation was resolved he sat down on his own with a glorious lamb dinner...he then nipped to the kitchen to top his wine up only to return to see our mini schnauzer stood on the dining room table enjoying the dinner, that had no doubt teased him all afternoon as well! The dogs punishment...a long walk through the woods with my dad!!
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • Watty1
    Options
    Brillant story Shangaijimmy :)
    Optomistically I have rung the company I bought the £205 girth from and explained the problem. I'm not quite sure what my rights are as I've used it so I can't return it but, I cannot use it again on the horse so ? Anyway I was very nice and when I spoke with them they asked for pictures and said they would like the opportunity to go back to the manufacturer so email sent and I will follow up next week. Fingers crossed for a refund at least of some of the money.

• Watty1
    Options
    In further money saving news I have cancelled app subscriptions. Only because one somewhat expensive one whizzed through and now I have to pay it. I tried to claim a refund and cancel it but no could do. But it prompted me to cancel the subs on others. I was surprised some of my apps that I use were on autosubscription and hadn't been paying attention :doh:

• Watty1
    Options
    Very happy. Had an email from company asked me to return girth and will speak to their supplier about a refund! Great result. Great customer service too.

And top marks to friend who suggested sending photos of sores it caused (rather like blisters from ill fitting shoes).

• A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Good news all round. Hope you can find a girth that is suitable.

Everything helps :money:
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,955 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Excellent news about the girth, they must be very particular requirements for our e charming cob!

What a pity about the pizza though!
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• Watty1
    Options
    A few days since I have been on here. been exhausted. Done nothing but work and sleep. Still at least that way I haven't spent any money!

Did manage to declutter a food cupboard and drop some stuff off at foodbank. Still on my 'overconsumption' theme I found so much was stockpiled and really it was so not needed.
    And realised I need to go back to my sugar free way of living ... so .... at least cutting back on the sweet stuff if not completely giving it up and used some of the cupboard stores to make 'energy balls' and some 'protein bars with nuts and seeds'.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure