This Time I'm Really Going To Do It

Options

Comments

• Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,937 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well I have done nothing but work today. I should point out I haven't actually made the overpayments... I was trying to get to neutral or at least have the ability to overpay and clear it by Easter.
    Mr Watty is cooking dinner and has requested an "hours chat" after dinner with no distractions. This sounds rather worrying. On the positive side I am tidying the office and have finally taken down kitten's release pen. Kitten mostly living in the office with me, but, each evening while the dog is crated she explores the house. She is definitely getting bolder.
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • hiddenshadow
    hiddenshadow Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    Options
    Hope the chat goes well - I always assume the worst but invariably it ends up positive and productive (if sometimes challenging).

Yay for happy kitten. :)
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hope things are improving, even if just a little bit x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Watty1
    Options
    Hours chat was to go down to Mr Watty's dads. I picked some remaining daffs for the house there. Lovely to have flowers back in the house. I think I have saved over £600 since my decision not to buy them anymore in the supermarket but look for frugal places to find them. Mr Watty's dad still in respite care but now mentally with it and wants to come home. Rather than push for this like before we are just going to let social services do their slow thing as this will take less of a toll on us.

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Good to hear that you have decided not to push for Mr Watty's dad. That is one less thing to worrit away at the back of your mind. Well done.

Re the flowers, I now have visions of a ninja watty slipping out at night to gather flowers from neighbouring gardens!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Watty1
    Options

Re the flowers, I now have visions of a ninja watty slipping out at night to gather flowers from neighbouring gardens!

Ha ha. Not quite! Soon a house in the village will start selling from their gate and I do buy there, spending maybe £2 or £3 a bunch as their flowers are wonderful but I am creative in what I use now. For a while earlier this year there were hazel cuttings from the hedge with fairy lights wound round them and later this year there will be lots of roses from Mr Watty's dad's garden which has been a great source of free flowers. I will also try and find the energy to clear a patch of land to grow some sweet peas and sunflowers in and so usually the house can have flowers or something similar from now going forward to about early October for not a lot of money. I used to just buy a bunch everytime I went to the supermarket so this has been such a big saving.

• themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,899 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad to hear chat went well Watty and you sound brighter talking about the flowers - sounds like a huge saving without cutting back on the pleasure.

So pleased to hear kitten is doing well too :)
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• Watty1
    Options
    themadvix wrote: »

So pleased to hear kitten is doing well too :)

Kitten is a star She really is a joy for me. Still very timid but very settled in the office and wails like mad when left alone. Each evening Mr Watty is home she comes into the rest of the house whilst the dog is on a lead Sadly dog is determined to chase her so not sure if I will ever overcome that. Mr Watty holds dog and kitten explores. Then she has run of house whilst dog sleeps in his crate overnight. I am hoping eventually dog will not chase her as he will learn. This might be not work but worth a try. All ideas welcomed. I didn't realise how much I had missed having a cat as I haven't had one for over 15 years other than the brief spell of neighbours cat visiting and I clearly had missed one very much. I would never have gone and got a cat due to dog but this little kitten would never have survived without someone finding her. She still has "moments" of reverting to being terrified but it has only been 3 months and I do believe she will be a wonderful pet eventually.

• Watty1
    Options
    Right that is 3 hours work done and a mountain of emails ready to go first thing tomorrow. I won't send them today as I don't want people thinking I am so sad I can't think of anything to do on a sunny day other than work - even if it is a bit true. Now off to tidy downstairs then clear out the horse's feed room to look for a lost pair of gloves.

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Did the horse eat them...?
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback