This Time I'm Really Going To Do It

Options

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How are you, Watty? Hope all is well with you and Mr Watty (and Mr Watty's dad)

Apple x
    Thirded. Very concerned now ...
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,937 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I am still here. Depression got so bad I could barely function. I haven't been coping at all well. I have managed to keep on working but that is about it. I've also stuck with the business coaching and just focused on that. I paid for 3 months and feeling so bad just about the only thing I could do was work. I think if I wasn't self employed I would just have got myself signed off sick but being self employed meant no option but to keep going. So I have been.
    today I thought I missed you all - and the diary - and so here I am back again.
    I know when Easter is and I calculate I will be around 25 k short of the target I laughingly made up a few months ago. I actually think that is brilliant - so close! Or so far away depending on what way one looks at it. I am on the so close side as I always knew it was a long shot and that it would take every penny of savings to make it.
    Anyway that's it. I am back. I will post regularly. I missed you all
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh Watty ... I'm so sorry it got so bad. When things are like that, I guess you have to go for just the basics of life, and even though being on here is a positive, it can feel like its too much.

And you're right, by the way - only £25k **is** close to your target, when you see how big the target figure is, and how steep the slope was.

Glad to hear you're back. Take care.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • hiddenshadow
    hiddenshadow Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    Options
    ((hugs))

Sorry to hear it's been so rough for you.

Personally I'm amazed you're only 25k short of your goal. Really well done, given the ambitious goal and the challenges you've had.
  • AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Really sorry to hear re. depression. :(

Keep posting. :)
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad you are back x Take care.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Sorry things have been rough, hope you feel more yourself soon. Impressive progress with OPs too, great achievement.
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    Thinking of you Watty, please take care. I've really missed your posts xxx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Glad you are back Watty, hope the fact you've posted means things are beginning to shift a little x
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,899 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Really sorry to hear about your struggles :( As Gally says, hopefully the fact you're back means things are beginning to improve. xx
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback