This Time I'm Really Going To Do It

Options

Comments

• Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,999 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Day 2 of order restoring blitz. Still have some office work to do. Mind you that is a bit never ending but would be good to empty in trays.
    Water bottle filled to keep hydration up. Ironing must happen after all that washing of yesterday.
    Have lost 2 coats, sat nav, gloves, and a pair of boots. Feel a good tidy up required.
    Also diary management woefully inadequate. Need to update diary from scraps of paper. So far I see next Wednesday I am chairing a meeting and having a curry with girlfriends at same time. Unless I can borrow Hermoine's time turner this is clearly not going to happen. Given same day my hair is being cut and I have to go to London I feel its all going horribly wrong!
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Time for some re scheduling?
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    At least you've found out *now*, not on Wednesday! Hope you're satisfied with the rearrangement ...
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Watty1
    Options
    Couldn't work out how to re-schedule that lot so will worry about it Monday.
    Gave up on any thought of blitzing through housework and took dog for a lovely long walk. He seemed so full of beans we walked round nature reserve, lanes and footpaths. Great time splashing through puddles and kicking up leaves. Then came back and watched the remaining three episodes of D Abbey on TV whilst on sofa. Lovely day if lazy in parts :)

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Sounds fab.
  • Watty1
    Options
    Am at work. Just read some emails. A pal is giving up work in Feb with the intention of trying to claim a disability benefit or similar and is being encouraged in this by another pal. I am fuming. I know she has a long term auto-immune condition but her basis is that she needs sleep, exercise, sunlight and good food and that working interferes with that. The other friend said she was doing great "self care". Now I calmly asked the pair of them what evidence they had for the disability bit and was told she is a bit forgetful...doh! Like I am :rotfl: Seriously am mad at someone I know trying to play the system. I have no problem with people claiming that need it but am appalled that someone I know would attempt to play the system in this way.

• hiddenshadow
    Options
    That does sound irritating, Watty. A friend of mine struggles with MS and she's got some benefits (free public transit, parking permit, etc) but works full-time (and wants to continue to do so). I'm sure she would also benefit from "sleep, exercise, sunlight, and good food" but she also wants to keep working.
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    That does sound irritating, Watty. A friend of mine struggles with MS and she's got some benefits (free public transit, parking permit, etc) but works full-time (and wants to continue to do so). I'm sure she would also benefit from "sleep, exercise, sunlight, and good food" but she also wants to keep working.

I think that's key with chronic illnesses, to keep working and living a normal life as long as you can
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • Watty1
    Options
    So agree with you both.
    I think what has made me crosser was her premise that they are not well off - well - doh - I thought they were. After all she buys "ironing water". I had no idea that you could buy fragranced water to spray over your ironing until she told me. :rotfl:
    This community has done me so much good. Once upon a time I might have thought that was good idea :rotfl:
    Err no...probably not actually :)

• gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I could send DS to help out. He is currently paying back a loan of £30 at £5/hr. Excellent and pulling our sofas and beds and doing behind them, plus cleaning skirting boards and wiping the walls down.

I'd tell you to stick him in your suitcase when you come to visit but I don't think they make suitcases that tall :rotfl:.
    Watty1 wrote: »
    After all she buys "ironing water". I had no idea that you could buy fragranced water to spray over your ironing until she told me. :rotfl:
    This community has done me so much good. Once upon a time I might have thought that was good idea :rotfl:
    Err no...probably not actually :)
    :D
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback