planteria Posts: 5,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    deal done.
  • planteria
    Options
    R4 is saying "£1/share" payout. nice one, i've got 2,900 in my ISA:)
  • planteria
    Options
    serko wrote: »
    There are rumours that Vodafone without Verizon could be a takeover candidate for an American operator such as AT&T.

that would be very interesting indeed.
  • planteria
    Options
    Robert Peston:

"As I've mentioned, half the $130bn Vodafone is receiving for its Verizon Wireless stake will be paid in shares of Verizon Communications (the company which is buying Vodafone's Verizon Wireless shares - stay with me).

And (a new fact) all these Verizon Communications shares will be distributed to Vodafone's shareholders.

So giant Verizon Communications of the US will suddenly find itself with loads of new shareholders, including at least half a million British retail investors.

Vodafone's British shareholders will also receive cash.

Anyway, Vodafone's shareholders will have to decide whether they want to be in Verizon Communications for the long term or whether they want to flog their new US shares."

that will be interesting too. lots of people will presumably have quite small Verizon holdings on the way, and it may just be easier to hold on to them & take the dividends than pay dealing charges to dispose of them.

would the Verizon shares and cash just be added to the dealing accounts of UK Vodafone investors? and will this kind of windfall appear within an ISA, if that is where the Vodafone shares are held?
  • lvader
    lvader Posts: 2,579 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    planteria wrote: »
    R4 is saying "£1/share" payout. nice one, i've got 2,900 in my ISA:)

I'm not sure how that worked that one out, it's more like 30p plus verizon shares.
  • Bazofts_Revenge
    Options
    Hargreaves Lansdown said shareholders could receive a special dividend if the deal gets approved, according to The Daily Telegraph. The broker estimates Vodafone may pay out £40bn, or 83p per share.
    Solar PV cost £5760 (15/03/13)
    FIT inc + Electricity saved £3746 (65% Paid back) Tax free
    Last update 30/09/17
  • steady__eddie
    Options
    Can be found here, http://www.vodafone.com/content/index/investors/verizon_wireless_transaction.yes.html

Bullet point 4, return of Verizon shares and $ to vod shareholders worth approx 112p per share.

Bullet point 6, 2014 total dividend increased by 8% to 11p.

We will have to wait until the first quarter of 2014 for the returns.
  • planteria
    Options
    that's fine by me. i can wait:dance:
  • markwilkinson
    Options
    Well, I'm going to play devils advocate here. I'm slightly tempted to sell now, given the current £2.00 share price. At the moment I'm in a fairly decent profit. I bought for dividends.

Once the proposed payouts have been made, I foresee quite a dramatic drop in share price and I'm not 100% convinced that a nice dividend will do much more than compensate for the loss.
  • melbury
    melbury Posts: 13,251 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Masomnia wrote: »
    Nearly bought vod in the 150s on the strength of the dividend. Thought it was a case of the div being too high rather than price too low and expected the div to be cut because of that.

Oh well.

Me too, I was going to buy at £1.53 but then someone at work made the comment that Vodafone only had one way to go and that was down:(

If I had bought shares they would have probably dropped like a stone - I seem to have that effect;)
    Stopped smoking 27/12/2007, but could start again at any time :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport