We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Scrumptious September 2013 - Take Your Lunch To Work Thread

Options

Comments

• cardi80
    Options
    Happy Birthday Trixie!

Today is # 13 for me. Same lunch as all this week!
  • Nellie77
    Options
    Happy Birthday Trixie :beer: hope you have a great day.

Day 12/19 for me. Breakfast was some tiffin cake I had leftover (not very healthy but free) :) and lunch was a chicken & mushroom pie (last nights leftovers) and a yoghurt.

NSD for me so far but have a meeting to go to tonight which does not start until 2 hrs after work so bit worried I might find an excuse to go for a coffee. :eek: I might work on a bit if I can and I have found out library is open until 8pm so think I might go there to kill some time too. Fingers crossed that I dont spend anything.
  • mrs_motivated
    Options
    Just completed Day 3/9

Have to admit though it wasn't very inspiring today, just cheese and tomato sandwich, yogurt and a packet of crisps...still have some chopped up pineapple left for later.
    Well Behaved women seldom make history

Early retirement goal... 2026

Reduce, reuse, recycle .
  • Edwardia
    Edwardia Posts: 9,170 Forumite
    edited 18 September 2013 at 4:06PM
    Options
    Belated Happy Birthday trixie hope you had :bdaycake:

My beloved husband AKA Bunter has managed to remember to take his yogurts to work today :T He's shortly going to have to get used to taking his breakfast and lunch daily and labelling it rather than taking it once or twice a week and stashing it in a lockable fridge.

Anyone ever had food stolen ?

Dozey Crow, bornintoit says that Poundland has Green & Black's organic crispy milk chocolate bars £1 each
  • kittiej
    kittiej Posts: 2,564 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Trixie what did you do for your birthday? Hope you did something nice :)

evie it sounds like you had a lovely treat with the prawns :T

cardi did you have soup again?

Nellie excellent idea going to the library - stay away from the coffee :rotfl:

mrs m there is nothing wrong with a good old cheese and tomato sandwich - yummy I say :D

Edwardia I've never had food stolen, occasionally yoghurts get mixed up so it is a good idea as you say to put your name on everything, a big well done to Bunter for remembering :rotfl:

Well done everyone :j:T:j
    Karma - the consequences of ones acts."It's OK to falter otherwise how will you know what success feels like?"1 debt v 100 days £2000
  • trixie888
    Options
    kittiej wrote: »
    Trixie what did you do for your birthday? Hope you did something nice :)

I only prepared 3 types of food - all Philippine dish that we eat during rainy season. It's kind of cold here and it has been raining a lot so they enjoyed the food. One thing good is that, the can food can be for kids too.

Mind you, except for the veggies and chicken, almost all of the ingredienst are from the cupboard. It even save me one item that almost due expiration. The best part is that the food is enough for everyone, they had several batches of going back to get some more but Like I said, more than enoug. No discards which I used to do back then.

Kittiej, i am so proud of myself. Thanks to MSE and to all of you. It saves me a lot. :rotfl::T

Day 11, eat what is little left of yesterday.
    Salary Loan: $16,737.42; $ 14,099.64
    Credit Card1: $6,200.73;
    $ 4,846.11; $1,808.21
    Credit Card2: €1,357.07;
    € 365.97
    Sibling Loan: €2,066.77/$1,150.00 --- Friend Loan:
    €3000,00 - PAID ---Fiance Loan: €5000,00

Mission: To SAVE money but pay debts first. update as of: 13-11-2014
  • Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi all

1st lunch taken into work yesterday - 1/08 and I have homemade carrot & lentil soup today:)
  • Dozey_crow
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Thought I had better update today as I am off the rest of the week (yep...I know how to make an impression... Ask for holiday on the first day and take it in the first two weeks!! :rotfl:).

Lunches have been successful all the same sarnies, quorn ham, lettuce and tomato but I get hungry as have breakfast at 6.20 so I took hummus and breadsticks one day and mango slices another. Yesterday was my favorite... homemade cake and homemade jam :T. oh and the nice new colleagues provided me with a biscuit and some small chocolate squares :).

Kittie I feel your pain with your assignment. I recently finished the post graduate qualification from hell... Well I say finished it is still not quite... but I have lost the will to live with it for the time being! I am working in research now which I love.

Thanks for the chocolate recommendation Edwardia... I will have a look next week.

Have a good rest of the week everyone.
    Xxxx

PS as scotch bonnet is a really strong chilli
  • SiberianHusky
    Options
    Day 12 for me today. It should have been day 13 but my Asda grocery delivery didn't turn up on Tuesday night meaning I had absolutely no food in the house yesterday so I had to buy lunch in town.

After lots of shouting at Asda, they delivered my groceries last night so I have my packed sandwiches in my bag. Getting back on track :)
    Barclaycard (0% until May 2014):[STRIKE]£1,365.61[/STRIKE]£1,178.05
    Santander loan:£3,362.31/£5,763.96 (55%)
    Money owed to in-laws:£2,100/£10,000
  • Nellie77
    Options

Helloall day 13/19 for me. :j
    Hada carp day at work so have been grazing all day on goodies from my desk drawer.Had smelly eggy pieces for lunch so have stunk the office out :phas made me feel a bit betterabout my rubbish day.
    Managednot to spend anything last night so going to the library worked. Also hopingfor another NSD today.
    SiberianHuskyI hope Asda gave you some money back for not delivering! :mad: Check that they have not charged you twice for your shop. T3sco did thisonce to me when they missed the delivery they counted it as a new delivery nota reschedule so they refunded the original amount (3-5 working days) and tookanother payment. I complained and got £50 for this as they did not tell me anyof this when I rescheduled the delivery and it left me skint.
    On looking over my post think I am still a bit grumpy and ranty :otoday so think I will have a nice hot bath when I get home tonight to chill out a bit :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure