Royal Mail Surveys rewarded with Stamps.

Options

Comments

• HomingPigeon
    Options
    Thanks Mabel.
  • seatbeltnoob
    Options
    this should be good. My local Rm delivery office is completely !!!!.

Got post delivered today, some of the stamp marked 10 or so days ago. Delivered in a large batch.
  • GetRealBabe
    GetRealBabe Posts: 2,258 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options

Got post delivered today, some of the stamp marked 10 or so days ago. Delivered in a large batch.

Hi

Mine's the same. Sometime, first class post takes 5 days.
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 089-Finally got a signature.:rotfl::j

• tomvox
    tomvox Posts: 187 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Which if you think about it is pretty much why RM do these surveys. Hopefully if other users in your Sorting Office area show the same results (or not) this can show them whether a problem is with a Sorting Office or an individual delivery round.
  • notbritishgas
    Options
    I have now had 2 emails to confirm an item received was on the date I said because it was a day late.
    They said it was not the SMART confirmed date.
    Can someone (custardy?) say if the SMARTs are checked when they leave the DO for delivery.
    Thanks
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have now had 2 emails to confirm an item received was on the date I said because it was a day late.
    Can someone (custardy?) say if the SMARTs are checked when they leave the DO for delivery.
    Thanks

That depends on the size of the DO.
    Smaller DOs dont have scanners.
    However it should be moot. The mail centres do and items despatched for delivery should connect same day. This is likely the reason for query that something doesnt tally.
    It can be for genuine reasons. EG an item is misorted to the wrong DO and is re routed via building without scanners.
  • notbritishgas
    Options
    custardy wrote: »
    That depends on the size of the DO.
    Smaller DOs dont have scanners.
    However it should be moot. The mail centres do and items despatched for delivery should connect same day. This is likely the reason for query that something doesnt tally.
    It can be for genuine reasons. EG an item is misorted to the wrong DO and is re routed via building without scanners.
    Thanks .
    You may be correct about misorting as on one of their emails it shows the scans, and there are 5 of them.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,870 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I had a query to confirm one of my received items. They wanted me to check I received it on 17th as their tracking shows 15th - it was post marked 16th !
  • Clairabella78
    Options
    Thanks

I'm actually resting now but while I was on the live survey I had a few queries on items I received and items that I had posted myself. I always noted down date, time, SMART code and which box of outgoing onto my paper schedule and kept it for a few weeks after so I could always double check if they queried it. I also kept the R number insert of items I received with all the delivery details written on it, as well as cutting out the top right corner of the envelope with the post/frank mark/stamp for the same reason.
    But like you, I did feel a little interrogated at times especially about a cube I sent which they were adamant had been posted the day after i was saying I posted it. Being a cube though, I had proof of posting from the P.O!!
    I know they're just double checking (triple and quadruple sometimes) but it can get annoying!
    Happy posting!
    C x
  • Saetana
    Saetana Posts: 1,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I only finished my last stint on the survey mid-November and have already been asked to start again at the end of March. I never seem to get a full six months break - although at least I avoid the Christmas period :D
    2020 Wins:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport