Crafty Shampoo Trick

Options
123457»

Comments

• thriftyfox_2
    Options
    Back to shampoo - unfortunately I have such a sensitive scalp that after many years of trial and error(and lots of discomfort) I can only use Aveda. I have loads of freebie Original Source etc via mag subscription, but either leave it out for guests or will be using it as handwash.

same here, I can only use Aveda I buy the 1000ml bottles and it last me an absolute age. I can tell the difference between cheapo cornflakes and kellogs
  • freebie_junkie
    Options
    my little sisietr was really picky about having kelloggs cereal when she was little so my dad had this one old knackered rice crispies box which he re-filled with netto crisped rice!
    :T The best things in life are FREE! :T
  • Happyroly
    Happyroly Posts: 588 Forumite
    Options
    Queenie wrote:
    :rotfl:

not crude at all ... if we lived in a right handed world, your theory would work, it's all those flipping Lefties who put the mockers on things ;)

That will be me then!

Thanks to the recent Boots points offer I now have a supply of "free" Cuticura anti-bacterial hand gel in the car - no water or towel necessary. Claims to kill 99.99% of germs in 15 seconds. You could decant into mini bottles and carry in pocket/bags.

Happyroly
  • catherineblack
    Options
    Though I am now a complete MS addict I have been treating myself to Brilliant Brunette shampoo and conditioner...but it costs a fortune! Average price - £4.50 per tube. Occasionally Asda does it on offer for £2.50 -but never advertise it, just a change on the display costs. I'm cutting back on spending yet again and need advice - what is a really good cheap conditioner? I love the Brilliant Brunette conditioner as it keeps my dry hair soft and silky. Any tips? In the past I used the Boots coconut conditioner.
    Cat xx
    Are we still waiting to sing as hummingbirds?
  • SallyD
    SallyD Posts: 1,009 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Boots Natural Range Chestnut shampoo and conditioner bogof at the moment plus extra 50 points.
    SallyD
  • catherineblack
    Options
    Oh - I forgot about the chestnut range - smells so nice, for some reason I could only remember the coconut conditioner in that range. Thanks for that tip!
    Are we still waiting to sing as hummingbirds?
  • Katykat
    Katykat Posts: 1,743 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    catherineblack--try Asda's own Henna and Plum conditioner, about 80p bottle. It is VERY thick, so I put half water ( need a spare bottle) so it goes twice as far. And the smell is GORGEOUS
    :smileyhea A SMILE COSTS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
  • Marigold123
    Marigold123 Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Though I am now a complete MS addict I have been treating myself to Brilliant Brunette shampoo and conditioner...but it costs a fortune! Average price - £4.50 per tube. Occasionally Asda does it on offer for £2.50 -but never advertise it, just a change on the display costs. I'm cutting back on spending yet again and need advice - what is a really good cheap conditioner? I love the Brilliant Brunette conditioner as it keeps my dry hair soft and silky. Any tips? In the past I used the Boots coconut conditioner.
    Cat xx
    I tested a fabulous conditioner with one of the survey sites recently. I got full-sized bottle; it was gorgeous and left my hair feeling better than it has for years, but sadly, it was in a plain white bottle and I have absolutely no idea what brand it was.

However, the bottle shape was quite distinctive, so if I see it around in the shops, I will PM you. :)
    A penny saved is a penny gained
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport