Crafty Shampoo Trick

Comments

• RebeccaP_2
    RebeccaP_2 Posts: 7 Forumite
    :rotfl: :rotfl: I'll have to remember the decanting bit for when dd is older (only 6 now and not fussy). I do however already buy cheaper branded shampoo, bubble bath, conditioner from wherever I am at the time - Tesco is good as is Sainsbury's & Asda. Will have to try Boots.

Here's a good one: my husband was given by my mother (she of Scottish ancestry) a bottle of Whisky, bought 'duty free' on a regular trip to France. Nothing wrong in that and my husband is delighted as it's a real treat. The thing is she'd chosen a bottle of McGregor whisky, asked for the bottle back when he'd finished it and now decants Teachers whisky into it! :T She also has a bottle of Houses of Parliament sherry which has something else in it! :naughty:
  • billieboy_2
    billieboy_2 Posts: 1,361 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Don't want to be crude, but doesn't it depend on which hand you wipe yourself with? I use the other hand to turn the tap on.
  • Queenie
    Queenie Posts: 8,793 Forumite
    billieboy wrote:
    Don't want to be crude, but doesn't it depend on which hand you wipe yourself with? I use the other hand to turn the tap on.

:rotfl:

not crude at all ... if we lived in a right handed world, your theory would work, it's all those flipping Lefties who put the mockers on things ;)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • billieboy_2
    billieboy_2 Posts: 1,361 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Queenie wrote:

not crude at all ... if we lived in a right handed world, your theory would work, it's all those flipping Lefties who put the mockers on things ;)

How did you know I was left-handed?!
  • SooTee_2
    SooTee_2 Posts: 41 Forumite
    GibsonSt19 wrote:
    blab.gif

I can't BELIEVE you could be so deceptive to your own offspring!!!

hush.gif

Thanks for the livingwater link. I hope people will read and follow - they obviously need to according to comments!
    sootee50
  • SooTee_2
    SooTee_2 Posts: 41 Forumite
    Networker?
    sootee50
  • jellyhead
    jellyhead Posts: 21,555 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Queenie wrote:

i'm a leftie too lol!
    our mcd's doesn't have door handles anyhow, it has doors you just push to open (and you push them into the face of anyone coming the other way). when i had my baby in a buggy i got into the habit of always opening doors by shoving my fat bum against them so i'm probably safe from door handles ... the taps on the other hand i don't know, but the doors are probably the dirtiest because to be honest a lot of mcd's customers are the kind who don't wash their hands at all, therefore they just dirty the doors.
    52% tight
  • jaymac_2
    jaymac_2 Posts: 1,740 Forumite
    tonyg wrote:
    We did a "blindfold" chocolate taste test. It included about 10 different brands. The Sainsbury's and Tesco supermarket chocolate came top, beating the expensive brands easily. Try it for yourself! (It's a good excuse for buying 10 bars of chocolate if nothing else!!!)

Tony[/QUOTE

we did that with whisky; got each of our friends to bring a bottle and did a blind tasting...great party and interesting results!
  • piazope wrote:
    I do the same with toilet bleach.. my wife believes its wonderful at removing the crXX.
    You *really* need a good tonic water with that though...
  • jonboy31
    jonboy31 Posts: 172 Forumite
    A good trick I've found for anyone that likes the expensive foaming handwash is once the bottle is empty, refill it with 70 percent water and 30 percent cheap own brand non foaming handwash. Put the lid back on, give it a good shake and voila. Instead of 1 or 2 pounds a bottle it makes it down to around 5 to 10p a bottle (the 25p own brand handwash will do 3 - 5 refills).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure