New Post Advanced Search

Crafty Bargain of the Day!

edited 10 August 2013 at 11:03AM in Crafting
109 replies 72.9K views

Replies

• ScrapmateScrapmate Forumite
    83 posts
    Sixth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The LIDL mats are great to use as craft sheets. I use them for heat embossing and friendly plastic as well.
    Use your stuff challenge 50/50
  • Violetta_2Violetta_2 Forumite
    3.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for that I picked up 1 of the heat mats last night when I was in, it's not something I would have looked at previously.
    Booo!!!
  • edited 16 February 2014 at 1:57PM
    BattybirdBattybird Forumite
    315 posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭
    edited 16 February 2014 at 1:57PM
    20% off at Hobbycraft, online and instore, until Sunday Feb. 23rd. Saw it on their homepage and their facebook page.

(I think you'll have to print a voucher off if you want to buy instore.)
  • Collall Glue. 100ml bottles. These are £9.99 for 3 bottles, plus £2.99 p&p on Create and Craft ... however - I found it in The Range, this morning, for £1.00 a bottle. Exact same glue, exact same size. I even double checked with an assistant because I thought there had to be a mistake. She said that it was the correct price ... but I'm still thinking that this price has to be a mistake. I bought two. Buy it now before someone finds out that they're charging a heck of a lot more for this elsewhere and the price goes up!
    Remember: however thin you slice something, there are always two sides to everything.
  • calleywcalleyw Forumite
    9.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    wanted some jute twine been looking on ebay.

Was in my local wilkinsons and had a look in the gardening section. 125m for £1.25 or 250m for £2.00.

Its only the thin stuff but not a great loss if I don't use it. Of course this is a seasonal item in wilkinsons.

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • KatiehoundKatiehound Forumite
    5.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your chance to win some card/paper worth £10 from Craft Creations.
    Ends Sunday (but someone has wrongly moved to game over board!!
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=65153701#post65153701
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks

• qwiksaveqwiksave Forumite
    4.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thought those of us who are crafters would like to know that Create & Craft tv channel has free p&p on most products for a few days as they are celebrating their 11th birthday.
    I don't want to make money, I just want to be wonderful
    Marilyn Monroe
  • glynisroseglynisrose Forumite
    199 posts
    I think that C & C could have come up with more than just free P & P for their birthday!!
  • KatiehoundKatiehound Forumite
    5.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    weekend deals- mainly free p&p here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4978972
    (not allowed to duplicate the post- against rules- I have already been repremanded today!!)
    and free P&P from Hobbycraft for £5 and over shop. I have put that code on the codes & discounts board
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks

• The_Cre8torThe_Cre8tor Forumite
    108 posts
    Shopping in Tesco the other day I came across some little baskets in the childrens garden range of stuff priced at £2.50. I instantly knew that this was just the thing I needed for all the lengths of lace I have wound around bits of card, - and which I have nowhere to store. I chose a blue basket. Got it home and couldn't believe how brilliant this little basket was, and kicked myself for not thinking about buying another one for all my scissors (they're a real pain in the rear end as the pot I have them all stored in topples over all the time), and also for all the various rolls of double sided tape and foam/dimensional tape I have, again with nowhere to store them.

I had to pop to Tesco's again today and remembering the baskets I thought I'd have another look for them - just in case they had any left. (I really didn't think they would). Oh ye of little faith! Not only did they have some left, but they've put them on a special price for a few days of £2.00.

I thought they were a good buy for my craft room at £2.50 - but £2 is an even better buy, so thought I'd share the bargain with folks here in case any of you need a bit more storage in a 'trug' basket type of mode.

TescoKidsGardenTidy_zps5dfac851.jpg TescoKidsGardenTidy2_zps4fc42662.jpg

They have them in the blue which I bought (not quite a Martha Stewart blue, but that kind of look) and the green & pink as above, ... and I think they had them in yellow too, but I may be confusing them with another childrens item which was next to the garden tidy baskets so don't hold me to that one.

They're not big - but not small either. They're perfect for either sitting on your desk, or on a shelf, or floor, until you need them. One side of the length has one long basket, and the other side has two - one at a third size, the other two thirds size. And they all come with a little handy carrying handle.

All colours are now £2. each -but I don't know how long the offer is on for.

Remember: however thin you slice something, there are always two sides to everything.