MSE News: Switching broadband to be made easier under Ofcom plans

13»

Replies

• espressoespresso Forumite
    16.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mugma wrote: »
    No. I provided Primus with the MAC code but when I followed it up on the phone they told me that they didn't need the MAC as it was a migration to LLU.

I questioned this with plus net immediately on the phone as I was concerned and plus net confirmed that it was the case that they didn't need the Mac code but this wouldn't result in extra charges if a migration was performed. Unfortunately this was a phone conversation so I don't have this to use on evidence against plus net.

Please could you help me find that in the TandCs? Can't see it.

Thanks for keeping us up to date :)

It appears that Plusnet have now made a change their terms and conditions.

This is what it previously said in Nov 2013 here and here is what it states now.

Spot the difference?

Good luck!
    :doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
  • mugmamugma Forumite
    8 Posts
    espresso wrote: »
    It appears that Plusnet have now made a change their terms and conditions.

This is what it previously said in Nov 2013

Spot the difference?

Good luck!

That's frankly shocking, thanks for sharing that. :T

Do you know where I could find a copy of the terms and conditions as they read when I signed up?
    16.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's frankly shocking, thanks for sharing that. :T

Do you know where I could find a copy of the terms and conditions as they read when I signed up?

The first quote was copied and pasted from their website as it was then in Nov 13.

They obviously removed those few words (LLU migrations excluded) for a reason £££££££££ but your terms should be those in force when you signed up.
    :doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
  • mugmamugma Forumite
    8 Posts
    espresso wrote: »
    The first quote was copied and pasted from their website as it was then in Nov 13.

They obviously removed those few words (LLU migrations excluded) for a reason £££££££££ but your terms should be those in force when you signed up.

Thanks. I'm kicking myself now for not having printed out or saved a copy at the time I signed up.

I've checked and I can't find any communications from plusnet about this change to the Ts and Cs although there was an email dated 6/8/2014 which mentioned that they're hiking the cessation charge from £25 to £30. But no mention of the removal of the LLU migration exception.
    16.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. I'm kicking myself now for not having printed out or saved a copy at the time I signed up.

I've checked and I can't find any communications from plusnet about this change to the Ts and Cs although there was an email dated 6/8/2014 which mentioned that they're hiking the cessation charge from £25 to £30. But no mention of the removal of the LLU migration exception.

This is a copy of their webpage before it changed here saved on the 16 Aug 2013.
  • duchyduchy Forumite
    19.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While the actual process of switching can be a real pain, the main question is why people don't even think about switching. I know why I, and I believe many others, don't switch is the complete pain of having to change your email address. If we can retain our phone numbers (mobile & land line) why shouldn't we be able to transfer our email address?

I know you can set up you own domain, but that's not dealing with the millions of people who already have email addresses.

That depends who you are with.
    Some companies will allow you to keep your email address active even after leaving so long as you continue to use it others shut it down. Of course if there's a possibility you are going to want to switch around later on it makes sense to use a third party email provider like hotmail or gmail anyway (not much use to you but may be good advice to someone else considering opening a new email address)
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides