Mystery Shopping Thread 25 *PLEASE READ THE OP FIRST**PLEASE NO CLIENT NAMES OR FEES

Options

Comments

• skintsocks
    Options
    Is it just me who gets in to find work has been automatically allocated to me, on days which I haven't agreed to? And then I can't decline it myself? Urgh, I've had enough this week. Think I'll have a glass of something whilst I do the dreaded feedback :)

A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work
  • mrbanjo
    mrbanjo Posts: 275 Forumite
    Options
    Have albatross managed to allocate anything this week? Not up to there usual standards.
  • whitelabel
    whitelabel Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    Options
    I don't think I've ever had work automatically allocated any day, let alone any day I haven't agreed to . Presumably they must have had some conversation with them about it
  • skintsocks
    Options
    whitelabel wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever had work automatically allocated any day, let alone any day I haven't agreed to . Presumably they must have had some conversation with them about it

No, absolutely nothing mentioned. I had work allocated to me that I knew nothing about (for dates that I'm unavailable). Never come across this before, so wondered if anyone else had experienced the same thing.

A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work
  • Wizzbang
    Wizzbang Posts: 4,716 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Not very impressed with a certain company that sounds rather like the pop band JLS. It takes them 2 months to pay for any jobs. Just not sure I'll bother with them anymore, the jobs are few and far between anyway, but waiting that long to be paid is a joke and they don't respond to emails about payment.
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £36,546.45

• cccccatwoman
    Options
    Tax question .....

I registered for being s/e and doing self assessment in October 2013. I also opted out of paying NI as I pay this in my 'proper job'.

I received a letter from HMRC in December saying that I will 'shortly' get a letter telling me to complete a tax return and that I will have at least 3 months from the date of the letter to complete it.

Problem is, I have not had this letter. Do you think that this is correct - baring in mind I've only being doing this for a few weeks? Or should I have received a letter from them by now? Its my only contact with HMRC.

They have my email address and have not sent me any emails to tell me to submit anything. Or is it because I told them how much I would be earning being a MS and as it is a low amount (and will not be paying tax) they did not bother.

I know I should have done something about this before now - but guess I was just waiting for the letter.

Any advise from experienced people - will be very much appreciated.

Thanks guys. :)
  • cccccatwoman
    Options
    Or am I being really stupid - and don't have to do it as it's not April yet ?
  • hayley11
    hayley11 Posts: 7,625 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Or am I being really stupid - and don't have to do it as it's not April yet ?

If you didn't start til October, you won't have to submit a tax return until after 6th April (and it's not techincally due til 31st Jan 2015 if submitting online).
    :heart: Think happy & you'll be happy :heart:
    I :heart2: my doggies
  • cccccatwoman
    Options
    Thank you Hayley -I appreciate it. I can relax and go to bed now then!! (was ever so slightly worried!).
  • Larac
    Larac Posts: 945 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Wizzbang wrote: »
    Not very impressed with a certain company that sounds rather like the pop band JLS. It takes them 2 months to pay for any jobs. Just not sure I'll bother with them anymore, the jobs are few and far between anyway, but waiting that long to be paid is a joke and they don't respond to emails about payment.

I have never seen any jobs for this lot at all. Got to the point where I don't bother to look. Sounds like they don't have much anyway. They probably got a preferred list of shoppers and don't put much up on the boards.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure