Options

Comments

• dazedandconfused_123
    dazedandconfused_123 Posts: 177 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 30 August 2018 at 9:10PM
    Options
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/phones/cheap-sim-only-contracts/

Fantastic deal from PlusNet here - 1.5gb and unlimited mins& texts Link says this is for new customers but the plusnet site says it is for existing too (I'm with them and I've just swapped to this)

Also I would really recommend their customer services - answered the phone quickly, were polite and got the job done! within minutes I got a text and e mail to confirm.
    Thanks to all posters for your never ending help and support
    :beer:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options

Fantastic deal from PlusNet here - 1.5gb and unlimited mins& texts Link says this is for new customers but the plusnet site says it is for existing too (I'm with them and I've just swapped to this)

Also I would really recommend their customer services - answered the phone quickly, were polite and got the job done! within minutes I got a text and e mail to confirm.

I was wondering how I missed that but it's only available via the MSE site rather than direct from PN.

They've now got 3 different excellent deals at £6, £7 & £8 depending on your requirements.
    Data 1.5 GB
    Text Unlimited
    Mins Unlimited

£6 a month on 30 day contract.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/phones/cheap-sim-only-contracts/#lowpick2
    Data 2.5 GB
    Text 2,000
    Mins 2,000

£7 a month on 30 day contract.

https://www.plus.net/mobile/plans/sim-only/
    Data 3.5 GB
    Text 2,000
    Mins 2,000

£8 a month on 30 day contract.

https://www.plus.net/mobile/plans/sim-only/
  • luckofthe_irish
    Options
    I am on a SIM-only deal with Three and was previously paying £20 a month for all you can eat data, texts and 200mins.

I just used their Live Chat to ask if there was anything they could do on price, as I wasn't using half of my text or call allowance and they offered me the exact same contract for £16 a month instead with no contract. So overall a £48 saving annually. Worth giving it a try if you are with Three!
    Trying to make my way on my MSE adventure.. Debt free since June 2018:j

December GC £32.58/£130
    November GC £101.14/£135 :: another month under budget! :: another m
    Emergency Fund £104.77/£1000:(
  • capital0ne
    Options
    Data 1.5 GB
    Text Unlimited
    Mins Unlimited

£6 a month on 30 day contract.
    I get this for £3.99/month from ThePeoplesOperator - but that was in a sale a while ago :j:j:j
  • thrifty_pete
    Options
    I tried to sign up today via their payment site pay360.com and I got "Card payment error [...] There have been no payments taken" so I tried again with the same error. After 25 mins on the helpline I made another payment over the phone. Now on my online banking I see that that a payment was three times. I also haven't had the second confirmation email, so I'll have to chase it up again.
    Really strange how BT let plus.net operate as a kind of renegade operation. Surely BT has a reliable payments platform, given they have a multi-billion turnover. Really amateurish and makes me doubt they would be a good broadband provider if they can't get this right. I'm just signing up as a new customer, not wanting any service / support!
    Is this supposed to make me want to sign up with EE instead?
  • Fliss_M
    Fliss_M Posts: 695 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Afternoon

I've gotten my first car with a SIM requirement and I was wondering what the best preloaded SIM deal was? It'll be used as a mobile hotspot, maps and streaming music on the road.

However it won't have loads of long journeys as 8k miles per year is the estimate.

With sky and BT if there are I'm house deals to be had.

Thanks xxx
    4 children, 2 cars, 2 full time working parents, large detached house and the will to save every money saving penny we can
  • oliver.b
    Options
    [FONT=&quot]This is the one I tend to go for....[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Check website : mymemory co uk (Can't post a link as I'm new!)
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Search "3 PAYG 4G Trio Data SIM Pack with 12GB Data"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]£2 cheaper than Amazon

The 3 PAYG Data Sim has 12GB of 3G or 4G data for your dongle or Mobile Wi-fi device, which is available to use for up to 12 months. Then just top up when you need more data.
    Use your data abroad at no extra cost.
    Being charged to use your data abroad is not great. With Three you can use it abroad at no extra cost in many *Go Roam destinations while on holiday, including USA, Australia, France and Spain.[/FONT]
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    My EE contract finishes next month and my DD has bought me a new IPhone 7 back from New York (lot less expensive out there ) My existing Iphone 5 is coming to the end of its days.
    At the moment I have been paying £18.12 p.m. for 300 mb data, 300 minutes of calls and unlimited texts which isn't great as I am always running out of data. Any ideas where I can perhaps get a better deal, any recommendations ??
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    JackieO wrote: »
    My EE contract finishes next month and my DD has bought me a new IPhone 7 back from New York (lot less expensive out there ) My existing Iphone 5 is coming to the end of its days.
    At the moment I have been paying £18.12 p.m. for 300 mb data, 300 minutes of calls and unlimited texts which isn't great as I am always running out of data. Any ideas where I can perhaps get a better deal, any recommendations ??

Almost anywhere, that's a terrible price for very little.

First decide which main carrier gives you the best signal in your usual haunts and then take your pick. If the O2 signal is good and you have Sky (and intend to keep it) then they have great deals too.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/phones/best-pay-as-you-go-sim-cards/
  • m-ga
    m-ga Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

For the last year, I've been paying £17 per month for 30GB of data from Three.

I just called called them up, and was offered £15 for the same 30GB, or £20 for 100GB.

Are these the best offers I'll get? I tried haggling, but couldn't get further movement. Does anyone have a better deal, from Three or another provider?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure