PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Any point? Are we just flushing money down the bog?

Options
124»

Comments

• dumpallhere
    Options
    pops5588 wrote: »
    She then sends us over a breakdown of costs for us to pay for completion, basically saying we need to transfer over £28,000 (not exact amount). I emailed her to say that she should have written somewhere as part of our mortgage offer from Halifax we have the stamp duty paid incentive so the amount will be more like £26,000. She says she has no record of this.
    A copy of the mortgage offer is sent to your solicitor (at the same time as it is posted to you). The SD incentive is clearly mentioned in the offer.

Tell your solicitor to read the mortgage offer!!!
  • dumpallhere
    Options
    To add to above, Halifax will send the SD incentive amount to your solicitor at the same time it transfers the (mortgage) funds for completion to your solicitor.

Then the solicitor can go ahead and do the necessary bit (paying SDLT) within the prescribed timeframe after completion.
  • Atomix
    Atomix Posts: 346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    To add to above, Halifax will send the SD incentive amount to your solicitor at the same time it transfers the (mortgage) funds for completion to your solicitor.

Then the solicitor can go ahead and do the necessary bit (paying SDLT) within the prescribed timeframe after completion.

Ahh I see how it works - in detail too - cool - so just to confirm to the OP - this should be fine - once the broker/halifax confirms everything!:D
  • dumpallhere
    dumpallhere Posts: 272 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Atomix wrote: »
    once the broker/halifax confirms everything!:D
    Unless the solicitor has lost the copy of mortgage offer, there is no confirmation required TBH.

He/she needs to do some basic homework that a seller / buyer expects his/her solicitor to be an expert at - read the paperwork! ;)
  • pops5588
    pops5588 Posts: 638 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) Yes Atomix, major OTT stress-induced reaction from me as usual :P !!! It's been one thing after another and every time we seemed to take 2 steps forward we took another one back! There hasn't really been a huge amount of room in terms of time for mistakes either, I wasn't sure if it was a mistake that could be rectified quickly or would take days that we don't have.

Luckily it is sorted now...I was surprised that they weren't aware Halifax were paying it as all three of us (the broker, the solicitor and us) have the same copy and I can see it written on it as clear as day. Oh well, I can breathe again now...

Completing this Friday. At last!
    First home purchased 09/08/2013
    New job start date 24/03/2014
    Life is slowly slotting into place :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts