Is this me... in the mortgage free..?? :-0

1234568»

Replies

• elantanelantan Forumite
    20.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    do you still feel that your journey is over when your mortgage has been paid or can you see your journey evolving ? best of luck with it you have stuck well :)
    march 2011-july2019 8 years and 4 months ... or 100 months and counting
    "what would you do if you knew you couldn't fail.... enjoy the adventure" " to my own self be true"
  • lamarsilamarsi Forumite
    805 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, I haven't thought that far really , but i think it will give me more options .. I would really like to go travelling again or move onto a canal boat for a while, also cutting my hours at work would be nice. One thing that was weird is I thought i got a speeding ticket the other week and thought 'when those points come of my license i should be mortgage free (five years ) thats a really good thought!
    get rid of all the pounds by summer !!
    weight loss 3/42 lb
    Debt from 1st March:
    Was -£8900 NOW-£5000 PAID- £3900
    Get rid of the weight, pay the debt, then get myself a campavan! :T
    805 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Just had my statement through and in the last year I paid £1340 extra off my mortgage ...not as much as I would have like but I have also been on three foreign holidays so that could account for some of it, anyway after my last holiday I have come back with a renewed vigour. I went to animal sanctuary in Spain to do some volunteer work and it's given me the urge to pay of my debts and go travelling again, so I've booked myself in for some extra shifts at work and since being paid on Friday so far I've spent £4 on a spare key for my scooter, £2.00 on pain killers and £ 1.80 on four bottles of mixer drinks to use with the duty free I brought back from Spain:beer:
    My fixed deal is coming to an end soon ...October I think so I'm off to my dads to use his free phone to try and get myself another deal and reduce the term. Will post the results later today, and update my sig with debt totals etc x
    weight loss 3/42 lb
    Debt from 1st March:
    805 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    so i paid £1000 off my debt yesterday, £730 of the house and £270 of the credit card to give me nice even numbers (to make my siggy neat, bit ocd). Went to my dads to use the free phone to ring halifax to see what deals are available on hold for 35 minutes only to be told I'd rung three days early... they can't offer me another deal until three months before this one ends so I've decided I'll ring next week and if they have a better fixed deal I'll go onto that otherwise it may be worth me sticking with this I think the interest rate is 3.9 % at the minute but this would mean i can make as many over payments as i like. now note to self is :stop eyeing up trucks on bay you are not in a position to buy a rolling home yet!!!
    weight loss 3/42 lb
    Debt from 1st March:
    805 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Hello diary my old friend, I've come to talk to you again... . Well it's two years since my last confession and I'm still on track with paying the mortgage off, but somehow I appear to have gained myself almost six grands worth of cc debt.
    Guess old habits die hard.
    It's at 0% interest which ends around next may I think. My fixed deal on my mortgage finishes in January and I currently have 26 more payments to date, but these don't account for any extra ones I've made. I'm hoping that by next Christmas I'll have finished paying the house and have a good start on the card debt.
    So from when I first joined this site, I've reduced my debt from almost 100000 to about 18000 ���� That feels so much more manageable and I'm on the last leg!
    weight loss 3/42 lb
    Debt from 1st March:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Alexa, tell me some top tips

How can this Forumite maximise their smart speaker?

Join the Forum discussion

State pension shortfalls for women

MPs call it a 'shameful shambles'

MSE News