Is this me... in the mortgage free..?? :-0

Replies

• lamarsilamarsi Forumite
    805 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭
    Well that's another extra shift done and dusted. I've only one more then I'm unsure when my next bit of overtime will be, have to see how things go.
    Off work tomorrow so getting my house in order, managing to stay of the booze, third night so far, find the nights when I'm working the next day easy but when i have the day of I get tempted so going to go run myself a bath.. no booze = no spends = more money to overpay :beer:.. hmmm slightly inappropriate choice of smiley there!
    get rid of all the pounds by summer !!
    weight loss 3/42 lb
    Debt from 1st March:
    Was -£8900 NOW-£5000 PAID- £3900
    Get rid of the weight, pay the debt, then get myself a campavan! :T
  • edited 13 August 2013 at 11:51AM
    lamarsilamarsi Forumite
    805 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    edited 13 August 2013 at 11:51AM
    maybe this is down to my cat deciding he couldn't spend another minute without my company despite it being 5am, but I've been up since then ON MY DAY OFF ..sorry bit shouty... but really since 5am! this 'may' have lead to my checking my balance which after my latest overpayment was £42955.76 so in homage to the people on these boards I felt I should 'tidy it up' so just made another overpayment of £55.76 :T now nicely rounded up total of £42900!!

Need to update mi siggy now and try and get a bit more sleep, which funnily enough the cat appears to have managed without any problem :mad:
    weight loss 3/42 lb
    Debt from 1st March:
  • edited 13 August 2013 at 12:02PM
    lamarsilamarsi Forumite
    805 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    edited 13 August 2013 at 12:02PM
    just going to give the garage a lick of paint, found some lights for the outside of the house to replace the old ones which have died, the ones I wanted were £25 each , I worked out if I bought vouchers to buy them and got them on a Tuesday using my mum's 10% of for being a pensioner I'd save a bit but then good old dad showed me a catalogue for a warehouse round the corner from where I work, basic but nice white lantern lights for £4.50 each!! Get in!!! going to order them now that's an £70 ish saving (taking of discount). They are a needed item as they provide a bit of extra security and with winter drawing in.. did I really say that? and my working shifts I hate coming back to the house being dark, the cat could sneak up on me him being jet black n all :)
    weight loss 3/42 lb
    Debt from 1st March:
  • skint_spiceskint_spice Forumite
    11.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No winter talk please! Surely it's still summer for a couple of months?

Sorry about the cat but look at how much you've achieved today - you'll be ready for bed by 7pm mind:D
    MFW year 1 overpayment £1525/£2000
    Original Mortgage End Date: Apr 36/Aiming for Sep 28/Current Dec 35

• gallygirlgallygirl Forumite
    17.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Early morning starts when you don't HAVE to get up are great - so productive :T
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
    805 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    No winter talk please! Surely it's still summer for a couple of months?

Sorry about the cat but look at how much you've achieved today - you'll be ready for bed by 7pm mind:D

Loving the positive spin!! I managed to stay up until 9!! sorry about the *W* word .. hangs head in shame!
    I shrunk one of the curtains :(
    weight loss 3/42 lb
    Debt from 1st March:
    805 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    gallygirl wrote: »
    Early morning starts when you don't HAVE to get up are great - so productive :T

lol good job cause the little beggar did it again this morning.. got a 'nice' wet cat wake up at 5.30 this morning on my day of .. yesterday when I had to get up no sign of him!
    hoping this pattern doesn't carry on next week when I'm on nights :/
    weight loss 3/42 lb
    Debt from 1st March:
    805 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    hmm, been having a good look in the mirror and decided I need/want a little *cough* work done. My face is looking a bit shabby and in my head I've been spending the overtime money I've earned this month on a bit of lazer resurfacing, so, in order to put myself off this I'm making a list
    1) If I put the money into my mortgage I could have it paid by the time I'm 50, my face could hold up till then..:/
    2) Just been looking at property in Portugal .. I would love to retire there. The faster I pay this of the nearer that dream becomes reality.
    3) I can WAIT!!!! (for the lazering)
    4) I'm paying about £5 A DAY in interest on this house, now that causes wrinkles!
    lets see if it works :/
    weight loss 3/42 lb
    Debt from 1st March:
  • GillybeanGillybean Forumite
    290 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    The lazering can definitely wait! I'm sure it's just these early starts you cat has been kindly giving you lately that have just made you look a bit tired!

Ooh, don't talk to me about property abroad! DH and I would love a place in Menorca, but it's just a pipe dream. Maybe one day....
    MFW since March 2008:
    March 2008: £126k-ish
    Oct 2017: £25k
    Slowly chipping away at it!
    805 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Yip your right Gillybean I shall blame the cat lol!
    Oh to live abroad! Guess mine is just a pipe dream at the moment but getting rid of my mortgage will make it i bit closer to reality!
    My daily interest is about £5 btw EEK indeed! well best get of to work I lurrrrrve working weekends!
    weight loss 3/42 lb
    Debt from 1st March:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides