Is this me... in the mortgage free..?? :-0

Replies

• lamarsilamarsi Forumite
    805 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭
    well I've messed up my over time at work so need to come up with a way of making money.

Basically I'm a band five nurse but do extra shifts as a band three support worker, as I tend to do alot of the shifts in a secure hospital and there is no way a want the responsibility of running those wards for the little extra you get as a qualified nurse, the medication they are on for a starters is mad.. not like the youngsters I normally work with. Anyhow the bank have decided that I can only work as a qualified now :mad: so I need to re-think how I'm going to make some extra cash, it's so silly cause I couldn't sleep at night on Thursday worrying which is daft because I make enough on my salary to make ends meet nicely and the extra is to make over payments, so worst case I will be mortgage free seven years from now still three years early.
    But! I really want to make some headway and try for five years, so after my holiday on monday I'm going to look at making a budget and sticking to it something I've never done.
    get rid of all the pounds by summer !!
    weight loss 3/42 lb
    Debt from 1st March:
    Was -£8900 NOW-£5000 PAID- £3900
    Get rid of the weight, pay the debt, then get myself a campavan! :T
    805 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    well I'm back from a lovely few days in London, day trips and meals out were so expensive think i started to grate on little brother with my 'how much?' comments in the end! spent a small fortune but I did kinda plan this as a last splurge now to attack this debt and excess weight .. I appear to have gained rather a lot of one kinda pounds whilst spending alot of the other kind :( Working overtime today and tomorrow then another two days next week ( the maximum they will let us work is 7/8 days a month this tomorrow will be my third).:D
    weight loss 3/42 lb
    Debt from 1st March:
  • newgirlynewgirly Forumite
    8.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi lamarsi, welcome to the mfw board and best of luck :D

2022 MFW 67 £0/ £13,000

MFI3 No.12 £0/ £40,000
  • SillySodSillySod Forumite
    68 Posts
    lamarsi wrote: »
    well I'm back from a lovely few days in London, day trips and meals out were so expensive think i started to grate on little brother with my 'how much?' comments in the end!

You should tell your brother that he can pay for you when you visit him, and you will pay for him when he visits you! You don't get a London salary after all...
    805 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    SillySod wrote: »
    You should tell your brother that he can pay for you when you visit him, and you will pay for him when he visits you! You don't get a London salary after all...
    lol good idea but to be fair he does tend to pay for most things.. I have to force him to let me pay, and tbh there is a lot more to do in the big smoke than around here, but I like your way of thinking ;)
    weight loss 3/42 lb
    Debt from 1st March:
    805 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    newgirly wrote: »
    Hi lamarsi, welcome to the mfw board and best of luck :D
    thank you for the welcome :D

well I can't wait any longer and I'm not bothered if I'm skint before pay day, I'm going to make another overpayment tonight :)
    weight loss 3/42 lb
    Debt from 1st March:
    805 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    done it !!! just made another overpayment of £250 that brings me down below 43,000 still aiming to get the balance lower than 40k before January :T now to update my siggi
    weight loss 3/42 lb
    Debt from 1st March:
    805 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    good morning world!

MY dear diary, today in order to help me on my road to mortgage freedom i am going to do the following
    1) walk to the gym (2.5 miles, and it's raining!) whilst there have a shower .. saving money on the ellici bill ;)
    2) stick to diet plan, put on rather alot of weight whilst at brother's house and have all the food I need so make it a NSD.
    3) make PPI claims for the very old accounts I have on the off chance I paid it :p
    4) Resist using the last of my money in my account to make a further overpayment as I don't get paid for another two weeks and should something unforeseen occur I would have to use my costly overdraft.. but ohhhh it's so tempting ha!
    weight loss 3/42 lb
    Debt from 1st March:
  • Secret_Saving_SquirrelSecret_Saving_Squirrel Forumite
    4.1K Posts
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good luck to you, you sound really committed. Well done on becoming debt free.

Squirrel
    Paid off mortgage nine years early in 2013. Now picking and choosing our work to fit in with the rest of our lives!
    Still thrifty though, after all these years:D
    805 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Good luck to you, you sound really committed. Well done on becoming debt free.

Squirrel
    Thank you, I've just been looking at your siggy you're results are amazing! I'm now on a mission to finish paying it all off in four and a half years from now :) I have to keep reminding myself how fast that time will go, 43k seems so much!
    weight loss 3/42 lb
    Debt from 1st March:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides