Is this me... in the mortgage free..?? :-0

Replies

• lamarsilamarsi Forumite
    805 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭
    I've just got up!!! Oh my gosh! I'm so happy! I normally sleep really bad when I'm doing nights but slept on my break last night and again when I got home, just had a lovely breakie now to have a long soak before I go back to work and today will be a nsd :j

considering selling a couple of things that I've been hanging onto, one is my vesper scooter, it's stuck in the garage and needs mot and taxing, I fell of it last year and lost my confidence so i need to either get it sorted or get rid and the other it my engagement ring again stuck in the safe but can't seem to let go could put the cash towards my overpayments but would be so sad on each account :o if I sorted the scooter out and used it for some of my travel to work it would half my petrol bills each month but there really is no reason to hang onto the ring need to think about this one :(
    get rid of all the pounds by summer !!
    weight loss 3/42 lb
    Debt from 1st March:
    Was -£8900 NOW-£5000 PAID- £3900
    Get rid of the weight, pay the debt, then get myself a campavan! :T
    805 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    oh forgot to mention.. at least i think i forgot but default has dropped of credit rating so now i'm a 4/5 rather than a 1/5 not that i'm thinking of getting any more crdit just nice knowing that all the bad stuff from a few years ago is finally dropping of.. like points on licence, accidents that were my fault and defaults all going going gone :0
    weight loss 3/42 lb
    Debt from 1st March:
  • specialkayespecialkaye Forumite
    194 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Hey Lamarsi,

I'm new to the MFW boards too. Well i haven't actually got a mortgage yet but it's in the process and hoping for an acceptance next week. My mortgage amount is going to be a similar (£45000) amount to yours. I'm getting one of those shared-equity houses as I didn't have enough of a deposit for a whole house.

I also have gone for a fixed deal for 3 years so I can overpay by 10% each year. I hope that's 10% of my mortgage amount and not 10% of my yearly payments!

Anyways best of luck and ill be subscribing for some inspirtation
    1% at a time challenge member #127

MWF: [email protected] Oct13 £45,917, now £43,024.56
  • icontinuetodreamicontinuetodream Forumite
    992 Posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭
    just popping in to say hello :wave: and good luck on your journey!!:D
    Mortgage 12.12.12 £55842 12.12.13 £42716 14.12.14 £28837 13.12.15 £25913
    Mortgage OP £50/£600 House Fund £420/£5000
    805 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    just popping in to say hello :wave: and good luck on your journey!!:D
    :T thank you
    weight loss 3/42 lb
    Debt from 1st March:
    805 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Hi specialkaye! thanks for subscribing it's nice to have company :) mine is 10% of the total ie: £4500 of a 45k balance and re-sets it's self every January! well done on make a start so early on wish I'd done this years ago but hey ho!
    weight loss 3/42 lb
    Debt from 1st March:
    805 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    oh the wait until the interest gets put on at the end of the month, then I can make a nice tidy overpayment! getting a bit panicky over how much to over pay as I don't want to leave myself short for food etc. and fuel :/
    on a brighter note got a friend looking at the overpay calculator on her at about four on the morning, and if he over pays by £50 a month on his rather large expensive mortgage he'll save around 30k!! he told me he went home and told his wife how said 'lets make it £100, so another convert!!
    weight loss 3/42 lb
    Debt from 1st March:
    805 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Based on the fact that it's 4.37 in the morning and I don't think that many ppl will ever read this I'm going to have a little moan! We have THE LAZYEST woman come to do a shift on the ward ever... full stop. She started at 21.45 rather than 19.15 so rather than take a 90 minute break I asked her if she wanted to take a shorter one and get paid the extra which she smiled and said oh yes thank you , then goes of for her break at 3am and I've just had to knock her up at 4.30!! she done sod all except read mags god forbid she should talk to one of the young people! I can't belive they interview for these jobs! :eek: anyways rant over but it p's me of that because she with an agency she gets more for the shift than I do!
    weight loss 3/42 lb
    Debt from 1st March:
  • specialkayespecialkaye Forumite
    194 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Hey Lamarsi,

I read it!!! Is there not a ward/nurse supervisor that should be keeping on top of it? I can imagine how it is annoying - nobody likes a shirker - especially in a caring position.

I just looked on the overpayment calculator - its exciting. If!!! i can overpay the full £4500 every year it says it will knock 22 years off the mortgage! That does come in at £375 a month but I would save about £22000 in interest!!! That would bring debt repayments to £720 a month.

In fact lets be bold - Lamarsi - be my witness as i pledge to overpay my mortgage by £375 a month.

Obviously its easy to make promises before ive started - ive no idea how hard it will actually be. It will probably involve a lot of overtime, surveys and swag bucking!

Have you thought any more about the scooter?
    1% at a time challenge member #127

MWF: [email protected] Oct13 £45,917, now £43,024.56
    805 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Hey Lamarsi,

I read it!!! Is there not a ward/nurse supervisor that should be keeping on top of it? I can imagine how it is annoying - nobody likes a shirker - especially in a caring position.....

In fact lets be bold - Lamarsi - be my witness as i pledge to overpay my mortgage by £375 a month.

Have you thought any more about the scooter?

I guess in the middle of the night I was her supervisor tbh, but cause she's agency staff we'll not see her again with abit of luck!!! Right I am now witness to your overpayment! but don't kick yourself if you can't reach it I'm finding sometimes life gets in the way!
    Well just made another payment of £133.36 to make a nice round number, I'm amazed my interest has now dropped by £50 a month already by switching to this fixed rate.
    Scooter, I dream of keeping spend just need to be spending abit of money on her then start using her, she would save me alot on fuel!!
    weight loss 3/42 lb
    Debt from 1st March:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides