PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

September 2013 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• sefilby
    Options
    After 13 NSD i've given in ... it was like living it at old mother hubbards! spend of £64.14 but got quite a few good deals like a large chicken to feed 6-8 for £5, rolled pork belly to feed 4-6 for £6, 1kg of beef mince of £4, slightly more expensive than value @£3.80/kg & mr T's breaded & battered haddock were down to £1 for a pack of 4.

Shouldn't have taken DH as beer, crisps 2xwalkers 6packs for £2 & sweets ended up in the trolley but heyho he olny ever helps with the shopping once in a blue moon so I will let it slide this time!!!
    Christmas budget £266.38/£535 15/27gifts
    Read a book a week challenge 50/52
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Florenceem wrote: »
    Mr F has suggested that to me. I am back off to see the Doctor today. My eldest DD is a Consultant Clinical Oncologist - I have spoken to her. Dr DD thinks I should have investigations.

Oh yes any unexpected loss of weight should be properly investigated.
    Slimming World at target
  • islandhoppa
    Options
    small spend of £3.28 in B$M today, close to total but only got to last till next Wednesday and should only need bread and milk
  • CH27
    CH27 Posts: 5,531 Forumite
    Options
    I've used the £15 voucher to stock up for xmassy type stuff.
    I feel better for not wasting it so thanks Meg72 :D
    Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,885 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone,

forever saving - have updated your budget on the list :)

An unexpected day off for me today, but as I had already arranged childcare (and paid for it) dropped DS2 at breakfast club at 8am. Hoovered stairs and bedrooms and have just got back from A!di. Spent an embarrassing £79 odd, but got LOADS of snacks, f&v, tins etc. so should keep us going for a while. This is instead of an online Tosco shop which would have cost far more....

Some of you may remember that my nephew came to live with us for a brief while last year due to having a few issues at home. Well I am overjoyed to say he is now attending college in London two days a week, so will be staying with us Mondays and Tuesdays - last night was the first night. Mealplan has had to change accordingly, and I used a 700g pack of beef mince for my pasta bake last night as nephew and DS1 have hollow legs. There is a little bit left for my lunch today.

Dinner tonight will be chicken and potato curry from the index. Haven't made it before, but hoping it will go down well, seeing as the need for comfort food has set in now the temperature has dropped.

The £79 A!di spend included one of their slow cookers on offer this week at £12.99. My one bit the dust earlier this year, and although the A!di one is only 3.5L (my other one was 5L) it is worth a shot for that price. I got black, they also do silver or red. TBH I just picked up a box and paid for it, didn't check the colour - who cares as it lives in a cupboard most of the time :rotfl:

Pandora - I thought that was code for vino collapso :rotfl:

Flo - get yourself checked out please - bossy Coxy here!

Have a good day all.
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Into the Water by Paula Hawkins 14/24
  • K9sandFelines
    Options
    Mr A delivery arrived with DD1s ingredients. Made a booboo with the sugar which was on offer three for £3, and had forgotten to add the third so worked out £1.48 each. So might have been better just to pay extra at Mr M and leave out the rest of the bits ..... :mad:

Total was £27.14 less promotions/money off/substitutions handed back etc, This should bring me to about £290 now i think ... off to update sig.
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £118.89 April £
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • MissRikkiC
    Options
    Much appreciated. I have most of those ingredients, i think apart from all spice. I'll let you know how it goes, might try this today. Do you think it would work in the slow cooker, or not?

You probably could I guess, I didn't think too because I could spare the time last night but I think it'd be okay. Let me know how you go
    RC X
    Here i am again.... Older but not any wiser!

My Debt Free Diary - https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6275380/pay-for-the-future-and-not-the-past#latest
  • WantToBeSE
    Options
    Had a £9.94 spend in Tesc0 today. Needed packed lunch stuff and some chocolate :D
    HAd a tough few days with a very expensive (£500!!!) car repair bill which wiped out my small savings pot :( But no more moping around for me. Nothing i can do, i need the car for work. So just have to carry on saving as much £ as i can.
  • K9sandFelines
    K9sandFelines Posts: 2,573 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    edited 17 September 2013 at 12:47PM
    Options
    The lady i buy my bulk cleaning stuff from was here at the end of last month, but i was in Minor Injury Unit with DD2 and missed her; however, she has said she can now get here Thursday ... slap bang in the middle of month and haven't budgeted for this! Being as i won't use til Oct and i don't know when i can next get an order from her, i am going to add to October's challenge. I really hope i can for once make the budget, think i've achieved it once in six months :(
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £118.89 April £
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • malamay
    malamay Posts: 793 Forumite
    Options
    Small spend of £6.50 today at Heron, but came away with a lot for my money. A NSD yesterday, so not a bad week so far.

Not sure what to do for dinner; there are too many choices. I'm trying to make room in our freezer, but it's not working!
    Swagbucks Amazon gift vouchers 2014 125/250
    GC October 100.8/150 September 99.36/180 August 178.77/180 June 163.18/180 May 177.89/180 April 160.66/180 March 163.48/180 Feb 154.21/150 Jan 51.65/150
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure