PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

September 2013 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 11 September 2013 at 12:30PM
    Options
    kayester wrote: »
    Thanks guys if anyone has a double compartment one please tell me which one.
    i will have a look around later, off to doctors soon :(
    i am willing to spend upto £30.00 as i think it is beneficial having a slow cooker, am i right? i havnt a clue how to use them as i havnt or dont know anyone that has one, sorry for all the questions.

definatley beneficial to have one but I don't think you need to spend that much. There is a thread on the site somewhere with loads of recipes on. My slow cooker and george foreman are two kitchen gadgets I wouldn't be without.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4273&highlight=slow+cooker
  • kayester wrote: »
    Thanks guys if anyone has a double compartment one please tell me which one.
    i will have a look around later, off to doctors soon :(
    i am willing to spend upto £30.00 as i think it is beneficial having a slow cooker, am i right? i havnt a clue how to use them as i havnt or dont know anyone that has one, sorry for all the questions.

I love my crockpot they last for a long time.my first one got binned cos i broke the handle by dropping a plate on it when washing it still lasted a long time after that. My last and current one is a treasure.
    Gc 2013 +26 -5. -4 -7 -14 -15 -10.-8.20 +15p+30+5.80 Dec +9 GROCERY challenge 2014 Jan -2Feb -3 March -1.50 April +5.40 May +4.90 June -3.July 16.50/85

God bless my sweet "old man" Goldie that died in the early hours of 27 th March please see him on my avatar
  • kayester
    kayester Posts: 1,844 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Great I will defo invest when i have spare cash. Do you use your oven aswel. And whats a george forman?

Hoping not to spend anything tomorrow
    216/2018 (make ££ in 2018)

Grocery challenge
    Jan 227/400
    swagbucks target 2018 1452/27375
  • iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 11 September 2013 at 12:59PM
    Options
    kayester wrote: »
    Great I will defo invest when i have spare cash. Do you use your oven aswel. And whats a george forman?

I do use my oven but its not very good :( I never use the grill as the last time I did I nearly set the house on fire :eek:

This is a george foreman
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/George-Foreman-18870-5-Portion-Family/dp/B008HS4IF0/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1378900340&sr=8-16&keywords=george+forman you can get loads of different sizes/types. I found mine new in a charity shop for £5

I use the george every day, cooks the best toasted sandwiches. I also cook everything in it that would go under the grill, sausages, chops, fish fingers etc. If you have a working grill then it might be a luxury for you, but for me its a godsend.
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Really pleased with myself today, have managed to stay away from the SM again, resulting in another NSD (i am wishing that i'd joined up to the NSD challenge now!). Hoping to do the same tomorrow.
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I wanted onions, as notice very low on my dried ones for winter, the cheapest I found were TesKo 5kg for 2.25 but 2 bags for 3.50,
    so 35p kg.

I really dont feel up to going so thought I would have a look online and buy Xmas stuff
    to make most of delivery charge.

I couldnt get into my account, not used it for a couple of years, so I re registered and it gave me 12.00 off a 60.00 spend.Well Pleased.

I thought I would like a few jars of their everyday sweet and sour sauce and was delighted to find it half price, only 26p. sosince I dont have to haul it home I ordered 20 jars. I have ordered tins of Roses and a few bottles for Christmas presents, cans of pop for the Grandkids and everything else heavy. I am really going to enjoy it being delivered, bargain I think at 3.50.
    Slimming World at target
  • K9sandFelines
    K9sandFelines Posts: 2,571 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    edited 11 September 2013 at 5:15PM
    Options
    meg72 wrote: »
    I wanted onions, as notice very low on my dried ones for winter, the cheapest I found were TesKo 5kg for 2.25 but 2 bags for 3.50,
    so 35p kg.

I really dont feel up to going so thought I would have a look online and buy Xmas stuff
    to make most of delivery charge.

I couldnt get into my account, not used it for a couple of years, so I re registered and it gave me 12.00 off a 60.00 spend.Well Pleased.

I thought I would like a few jars of their everyday sweet and sour sauce and was delighted to find it half price, only 26p. sosince I dont have to haul it home I ordered 20 jars. I have ordered tins of Roses and a few bottles for Christmas presents, cans of pop for the Grandkids and everything else heavy. I am really going to enjoy it being delivered, bargain I think at 3.50.

I better not mention that Asd* have got a delivery saver pass for a month for £5 then ;)

I bought some Ferrero Rocher on my last online shop there (MrT) and haave hidden them away for Christmas. They will get eaten otherwise if i don't!
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £118.89 April £
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • kayester
    kayester Posts: 1,844 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Oo my grill doesnt work looks like im buying a slow cooker and a george foreman lol
    216/2018 (make ££ in 2018)

Grocery challenge
    Jan 227/400
    swagbucks target 2018 1452/27375
  • iammumtoone
    Options
    I better not mention that Asda have got a delivery saver pass for a month for £5 then ;)

What's that? do you get delivery for the whole month for fiver? Is it just this month or is it an ongoing thing? Sounds like a bargain.
  • Flat_Eric
    Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I was up/in work early today so it feels like hometime now, not the end of lunch :(

I bought a few bits in the local Mo%%i$on% today which hopefully will mean I won't need a food order this week - too easy to spend too much when I have my groceries delivered.

I actually have plenty at home - unfortunately I'm basing my meal plan on what I fancy (and buying accordingly) rather than basing my meal plan on what I have in the house.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure