PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

September 2013 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Bluegreen143
    Options
    iammumtoone - can you repost the (delicious sounding) pudding recipe with the edit to cook until done if it's not in 15 mins, and I'll add it to the index. Just don't want to add in the original form as future GCers might click on the link but not read ahead to the rest of the convo between you and Flo ;)
    Part time working mum | Married in 2014 | DS born 2015 & DD born 2018 | Allegedly attempting to be mortgage free - diary here
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    spent £9.93 today on some fabric glue (to glue on my sons cub scouts badges) and lunch.
  • flyinggiraffe_2
    Options
    Flat_Eric wrote: »
    My meal planner is coming together for this week and looks something like this: -

Tonight: Beef Madras curry (home made) chips
    Weds: Stir fry
    Thursday: beef madras curry +
    Friday: fajitas
    Saturday: Mexican burger and sweet potato wedges
    Sunday Beef Ghou lash
    Monday ?
    Tuesday: Beef Ghou lash

As for the beef ghou lash, its a hairy bikers recipe which includes peppers. Would it be ok to use frozen peppers or would the dish taste better if I use fresh?

Have a good day all x

Is that the dieters new cook book recipe? I had that last weekend and it was delicious! I used fresh peppers, but I guess you could just put into the mix a bit later than the times suggest?
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    smokies wrote: »
    Sorry haven't updated this week but everything as gone t*ts up. Our house got flooded on Friday evening, lost most of down stairs, including carpets, sofa, washing machine etc.....

just now trying to sort things out - hoping to get back to a little normality next week.

Smokies

So sorry to hear this miust be a nightmare
    hope you are insured and that things will be sorted quickly for you
    Slimming World at target
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Just 1.00 spend for me today, halfprice pack of 4 pizzas. These are a good size and I like to add some bacon bits and pop under the grill.
    Slimming World at target
  • iammumtoone
    Options
    iammumtoone - can you repost the (delicious sounding) pudding recipe with the edit to cook until done if it's not in 15 mins, and I'll add it to the index. Just don't want to add in the original form as future GCers might click on the link but not read ahead to the rest of the convo between you and Flo ;)

Edited my original post :)
  • xx_Jo_xx
    xx_Jo_xx Posts: 2,858 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    :hello:

Hope you are all well. That's my month started as of yesterday so have been all lonely by myself on the other board until now :D

I finished my month just under by about £3!!

Im in for £150 again for this month... LO is away the first week with school so can definitely put off having a shop until he comes back, but I want to start putting away some more non-perishables/YS items for xmas so just going to leave my budget the same and hope it evens up :)

I treated myself to some fruit smoothie from Mr T today as I am a poorly girl... :( Hoping to boost my immune system before eating whatever is lurking in the back of my freezer :rotfl:

I jest, its all good stuff really :)

£2 spent/£148 left :)
    :)Sometimes lurking, sometimes posting, but always flying:)
    You are supposed to be the leading lady of your own life, for God's sake! - The Holiday
    DFW :idea: August 2013... Debt total £15,475.56 - Jan 15 £11,738.66 - DEBT FREE by 2015
    Feb GC £48.02/£250 (£201.98)
    :D I will declutter my house and debts :D
  • iammumtoone
    Options
    WantToBeSE wrote: »
    spent £9.93 today on some fabric glue (to glue on my sons cub scouts badges)

Thats a good idea I never though of using glue.
  • iammumtoone
    Options
    We had chicken and roast pots tonight. I cooked too many potatoes as usual but have put the extras in the freezer (will have with fridays tea). Also the potatoes were past their best today, normally I would have thrown the rest away and got some more but I have used them up by part cooking the wedges for thurs and put in freezer. The chicken has been stripped meat put in freezer, carcass in slow cooker ready to turn on later for stock.

Chicken stock question I will leave stock to cook overnight in slow cooker then reduce on stove in the morning and put in an ice cube tray for freezing. My question is how do I then use the stock cubes? Do I just add boiling water like I would shop brought stock cubes? How much water will I need for one cube? Thanks

Also can anyone recommend some good quality reasonable priced freezer bags? The cheap ones I have don't seem to be very strong.
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thats a good idea I never though of using glue.

Another of the cubs mums recommended it :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure