Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,779 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Does Clydesdale source data from Experian?

Have you looked at the other versions of your credit file?
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • WTH
    WTH Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    Yeah I googled around and found Clydedale uses Experian, I also ran another one from ClearScore which was identical in content but with a lower but still excellent score. My broker thinks it's because i have an Islamic mortgage and somehow that's confusing them, but they've seen the paperwork for that already and still doesn't account for these credit card issues they're going on about.
  • scotgal30
    scotgal30 Posts: 72 Forumite
    Options
    Clear score is connected to Experian I thought? Sign up with Noddle which is free (call credit) and google free equifax report and sign up as a few of our agreements aren’t on Experian but on equifax / Noddle and I’m sure Clydesdale will have access to other CRA’s?
  • scotgal30
    scotgal30 Posts: 72 Forumite
    Options
    AIP - Halifax 20/08
    Reserved New Build: 8/9/18
    Full Mortgage Application sent via Broker:1/10/18 - Nationwide Build Society

5/10/18 - valuation carried out!!!

We didn’t even know our valuation had been organised! Our sales rep for the building company emailed to let me know!
    We didn’t get a text from nationwide like what others have said, so we thought they hadn’t done anything with our application yet. I’m so pleased it’s been complete. Hopefully we have a decision by next week!
  • AAA0
    AAA0 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    Still not heared anything back. Santander can go to hell.:mad:
  • WTH
    WTH Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    We got our Santander mortgage in two weeks! I feel your pain though, still waiting for the Clydesdale one 😱
  • MERFE
    MERFE Posts: 2,133 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    AAA0 wrote: »
    Still not heared anything back. Santander can go to hell.:mad:

I'm not 100% on our timescale but reserved our house on 1st september so mortgage application would have been not too long after that and we are still waiting. After a couple of weeks I had to show evidence of our child tax credits because I received an extra payment in August on my bank statement. Then had an email from broker last monday which said the valuation was done on 28th September and should hear in a couple of days, nothing since. I've emailed asking for an update, it's ridiculously long and nothing else can happen now till we have the offer. Also with Santander. Just waiting.
  • AAA0
    Options
    MERFE that is crazy! They are taking the !!!!! I thought I was the only. Double check on there website. It is giving me more information than our broker. We put ours in on the 11sept a valuation done a few days later. But on on the 24th they asked us for more information I sent it straight away and we went to the back of the queue! Still waiting...our broker said wait until this Friday. However on their website it says they are looking at application reviews on the 25 and yesterday it said the 24th. Therefore we should have a answer but still nothing! I called today but he went home early and isn’t back until Thursday agh!!!! I just hope the wait is worth it to be honest and not in vain.
  • ftbwannabe
    Options
    ftbwannabe wrote: »
    Hello. We are ftb-ers.
    Viewing, offer, & offer accepted w/c 24/09/18
    Met mortgage advisor + had DIP from Clydesdale w/c 1/10/18.
    Now expecting to wait 3-4 weeks for full mortgage application to conclude.
    Somehow have to put the property our of my mind until there is more certainty, argh!

Tiny update: a valuation was instructed, & booked, the same day that we had our DIP. That valuation is happening tomorrow. I’m assuming the underwriter won’t start until after a successful valuation, so still expecting a few weeks (or more) until full mortgage decision.
    Starting debt (Aug 2018) £17,900
    Debt free September 2021
  • ~shoozy~
    ~shoozy~ Posts: 77 Forumite
    Options
    My timeline so far

25/07 DIP received from Nationwide
    28/07 Reservation fee paid to builder
    31/07 Full application submitted to Nationwide
    01/08 Help to Buy application submitted
    08/08 HTB declined due to my DIP being for more than the price of the house, therefore I can afford the house without the need for HTB.
    13/08 Full application submitted to Clydesdale
    14/08 Proof of deposit requested and sent
    15/08 Valuation fee paid to Clydesdale
    06/09 Valuation done and sent to Clydesdale
    10/09 Confirmation of valuation sent to me, amounts all tie in and match what was offered
    14/09 Formal offer received

Purchase fell through so back to square one.

01/10 Verbal offer accepted
    01/10 New details given to Clydesdale for reassessment
    08/10 Broker confirmed that Clydesdale will be instructing a new valuation

I was under the impression that a valuation isn't required in Scotland if there's a valid home report? My home report is dated 13th Sept and I offered the home report value on 1st Oct?

Hoping for a move in date in 6 weeks so fingers crossed Clydesdale hurry up!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback