Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• EMCS
    EMCS Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    First time buyer.
    Still awaiting H2B authority to proceed (should be Monday latest) but broker has pushed on regardless and started the application proper with Nationwide.

Valuation scheduled for May 25th.
    First-time buyer, muddling through
  • FTBNow
    FTBNow Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    Still waiting for ours: valuation returned £16,000 less :eek:. Despite the estate agent's best attempts to deter the vendors away from us, we had a phone call last night to say they're sticking with us (woohoo!). So mortgage is now for £145,000 not £161,000.

MA is getting in touch with Santander this morning to let them know so hopefully not too far away now. :T
  • kbm271186
    kbm271186 Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Application submitted - 19th April
    Valuation booked for - 8th May
    Valuation received - 14th May
    Valuation approved - 17th May

Now just waiting for the offer.
  • SophieP2000
    SophieP2000 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ANYONE at all awaiting an offer from Coventry BS?

MA advised we would have heard yesterday following the change of product that was actioned on Wednesday, and their turnaround time is 1 working day (we had to put 10% deposit rather than 15% deposit in the end due to valuation valued 25k less than we offered, we didn't want to loose the house so paying the extra in cash ourselves)

Chased MA last night who said she heard nothing and will chase first thing this morning and let me know. I'm so stressed!!!
  • SophieP2000
    SophieP2000 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Can anybody answer this please, we got a DIP with Coventry BS in March and we they completed a hard credit search, they later did an ID search in April, and we submitted our full application on 1st May, will they do another hard search or was the DIP hard search they did all they'll do? Haven't had any further searches... valuation etc done, and MA sad our case should be fully assessed by yesterday, obv didn't yesterday so hopefully today.
  • FTBNow
    Options
    Not sure how Coventry BS work, but we had a soft search at AIP stage (Santander) and then a hard search as soon as the application was submitted, then passed to underwriters for further checks.

If you've had a hard check done once i can't imagine one being done again. It does usually go to the underwriters for a look over though.
  • freedom12
    freedom12 Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    HI Guys
    Is underwriter team last step before mortgage offer. Are credit referencing team and underwriter team same. Our application is stuck with underwriters at the moment
  • FTBNow
    Options
    Who is your lender, freedom? We've never heard of a credit referencing team with ours: but Santander did do a hard check to begin with and then it went to the underwriters. I'd guess that the credit referencing team is the hard check and the underwriters are the human eyes on the mortgage application.
  • freedom12
    freedom12 Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Halifax Intermediaries
  • FTBNow
    Options
    With my (very little) knowledge I'm going to guess the credit referencing team do the hard check and then forward it on to the underwriters. In our experience the underwriter was the last step before we were approved, and then it went onto approving the valuation.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback