Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• Brutos
    Brutos Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    My on going story with TSB

Applied on the 28/3 through borker
    Since then we get an request every 5 to 6 days regarding documents, so I cant even remember timeline on when we provided documents.
    30/4 and we are no nearer to knowing the status of our applictaion broker spends up to 45 minutes trying to get through to TSB which I now regretted applying thorough.
    We are about to pull the plug and go with Halifix.
  • Slick88
    Slick88 Posts: 31 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Timeline now stands at...

03/02 - AIP with Natwest
    12/2 - Appointment with independant MA to look at available options
    14/2 - First and Second viewing of a property new to the market that day!
    14/2 - First offer rejected (it was a very cheeky offer
    15/2 - Second offer rejected
    17/2 - Third and final offer accepted
    22/2 - Began to instruct Solicitors
    23/2 - AIP with MA for TSB accepted and full application submitted
    26/2 - Full application received by TSB - Credit check appears on file - Survey money taken
    26/2 - MA puts survey on hold until Application process has moved forward.
    5/3 - More documents requested and alteration to Gift declaration (make sure if your getting a gift and a joint applicant both your names are on the gift statement!)
    5/3 - Documents returned same day - MA passess info across and tells us survey should be instructed week of 12/3
    13/3 - emailed MA yesterday for an update yesterday and patiently waiting for a reply
    14/3 - MA informed us he had instructed the Survey.
    19/3 - Phoned MA for an update to be informed TSB have a back log due to new products making them a 'victim of their own success'.
    21/3 Surveyors made contact in order to sign off the survey instruction and to provide email address..
    29/3 - Homebuyers survey takes place
    30/3 - Report received.
    3/4 - Phoned MA to see abotu application. MA informs me they needed the whole sheet of my CC statement not jsut the first page. not that it makes the blindest bit of difference!
    5/4 - Searches come throguh from solicitor and we take advisement on issues rising from both the searches and the survey.
    5/4 - Decision made to withdraw offer due to structural problems.
    7/4 - Offer made on a new property - Rejected
    7/4 - Second and final offer made
    9/4 - Offer accepted
    9/4 - Phoned MA to advise of new property who tells me he didnt recieve the CC statement (even thoguh its in sentbox...) CC resent. New Address given. Money for Valuation taken.
    9/4 - Solicitors instructed on new property and they realyl hit the ground running! Highly recommend LPL Conveyancing.
    10/4 - Text from Quest to inform valuation had been instructed (different company from the last one)

And now th waiting game continues. My once beautiful hair is now littered with white and silver!

23/4 Phone call from EA to say that the survey still hadnt been booked and Vendor is contemplating putting it back on the market.:eek:

23/4 PHone MA to find out what the hell is going on. After some very angry phone calls and emails it turns out TSB had been phoning the wrong number for A WHOLE WEEK to book the survey and hadnt informed us of any issues.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

24/4 MA Phones TSB to book valuation with new number. Valuation booked same day.
    25/4 Valuation booked for 1/5
  • Brutos
    Brutos Posts: 8 Forumite
    edited 30 April 2018 at 12:35PM
    Options
    Slick88 wrote: »
    Timeline now stands at...

03/02 - AIP with Natwest
    12/2 - Appointment with independant MA to look at available options
    14/2 - First and Second viewing of a property new to the market that day!
    14/2 - First offer rejected (it was a very cheeky offer
    15/2 - Second offer rejected
    17/2 - Third and final offer accepted
    22/2 - Began to instruct Solicitors
    23/2 - AIP with MA for TSB accepted and full application submitted
    26/2 - Full application received by TSB - Credit check appears on file - Survey money taken
    26/2 - MA puts survey on hold until Application process has moved forward.
    5/3 - More documents requested and alteration to Gift declaration (make sure if your getting a gift and a joint applicant both your names are on the gift statement!)
    5/3 - Documents returned same day - MA passess info across and tells us survey should be instructed week of 12/3
    13/3 - emailed MA yesterday for an update yesterday and patiently waiting for a reply
    14/3 - MA informed us he had instructed the Survey.
    19/3 - Phoned MA for an update to be informed TSB have a back log due to new products making them a 'victim of their own success'.
    21/3 Surveyors made contact in order to sign off the survey instruction and to provide email address..
    29/3 - Homebuyers survey takes place
    30/3 - Report received.
    3/4 - Phoned MA to see abotu application. MA informs me they needed the whole sheet of my CC statement not jsut the first page. not that it makes the blindest bit of difference!
    5/4 - Searches come throguh from solicitor and we take advisement on issues rising from both the searches and the survey.
    5/4 - Decision made to withdraw offer due to structural problems.
    7/4 - Offer made on a new property - Rejected
    7/4 - Second and final offer made
    9/4 - Offer accepted
    9/4 - Phoned MA to advise of new property who tells me he didnt recieve the CC statement (even thoguh its in sentbox...) CC resent. New Address given. Money for Valuation taken.
    9/4 - Solicitors instructed on new property and they realyl hit the ground running! Highly recommend LPL Conveyancing.
    10/4 - Text from Quest to inform valuation had been instructed (different company from the last one)

And now th waiting game continues. My once beautiful hair is now littered with white and silver!

23/4 Phone call from EA to say that the survey still hadnt been booked and Vendor is contemplating putting it back on the market.:eek:

23/4 PHone MA to find out what the hell is going on. After some very angry phone calls and emails it turns out TSB had been phoning the wrong number for A WHOLE WEEK to book the survey and hadnt informed us of any issues.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

24/4 MA Phones TSB to book valuation with new number. Valuation booked same day.
    25/4 Valuation booked for 1/5

Glad you are getting somewhere with TSB, I really dont have that patience with them. If they are behind on applications with a backlog, pull more people in to help, but I guess they can not now with the mess they created with the upgrade.
  • FTBNow
    FTBNow Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    Still nothing from Santander: no request for a valuation yet. I guess no news is good news but still nervous due to my spotty financial history last year (although 5 years before then were perfect). My broker keeps assuring me that a DIP from Santander is about as sound a DIP as you can get, but I'm still losing sleep. Argh! It doesn't get easier, does it?
  • FTBNow
    FTBNow Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    Just received an e-mail saying that the property valuation is taking place on Thursday! I'm hoping this means that everything is fine with both of us and it's just a case of the property now being worth the money.
  • Sazzy7
    Sazzy7 Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Does anyone have any experience with Newbury mortgages? My broker is submitting the paperwork to them today for my mortgage (already have a DiP and they have done a hard search on my credit score). I'm hoping they are happy with everything this week and book the valuation for early next week and give me the offer next week (although I'd much rather it all take place this week but I think that is wishful thinking). I'm getting rather fed up of all the sleepless nights worrying about if I am going to get this mortgage or not!
  • Jeden
    Jeden Posts: 69 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    @chanlf -

Valuation/Survey has come back today all fine. Aldermore are now just going to go over that and my wife’s payslips and we should have something by Wednesday.

How’s your application going?
  • lena_halo
    lena_halo Posts: 164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Still nothing from Nationwide! Trying not to stress but it!!!8217;s been almost a month now since our application. Broker says they!!!8217;re behind but we should have some news tomorrow. Fingers crossed!!
  • Chanlf91
    Chanlf91 Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    @Jeden

That's great news! Fingers crossed for you! We've not heard anything since submitting documents Friday. Im hoping no news is good news and they're happy with all documents. I'm going to ring our broker up tomorrow for an update.

We spoke to estate agent today and vendor has had her offer accepted and has instructed solicitor. We haven't even paid the solicitors fees or told them to commence work as we're waiting on news from aldermore!

Hopefully your next post is announcing your offer! !!!9786;!!!55358;!!!56606;
  • Stacy274
    Stacy274 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Hello we received out mortgage offer via broker on 26/4 and are currently waiting for it to arrive in the post. How long roughly should it take? Seller is pushing to close sale as move in date is 11/5. We are in Scotland.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback